It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Toast Alert! -- State of Emergency in Missouri

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzy

I know I've done everything from spinning a 180 and ending up on the other side of the road going the same way, to going off the road and landing with snow up to the top of my windows and having to tunnel out through the window.

The old Grand Wagoneers with Quadratrac had the absolutely best performance in snow and mud. I went through three of them. You had to really screw up to get stuck unless you did something very dumb. I've been all over Alaska, the Rocky Mountain States and throughout the Desert Southwest on any road or path I could find in them. Great rigs and they were easy to repair in the middle of nowhere.

The old International Trucks were great also. Dual speed rear ends and lots of torque to go up any hill, simple one barrel carb's and simple engines easy to repair, along with Warner's that seemed to never be an issue. Bailing wire and bubble gum fixable

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Yeah those were quite heavy vehicles.
I wonder if it's the light weight of today's cars and trucks that causes more wrecks?
I have always admired the drivers of North Vancouver, all those hills to deal with and the freezing rain they get as well as snow.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I got a guard rail 2 years ago on black ice of an exit ramp. The highway was fine bus the exit was polished black ice just beautiful really. Fought it all the way down but couldn't stop. I blame the Russians for the lack of salt. And now that I think about it the ship docks are a bock away with mountains of salt

Yeah those pesky Russians, it all makes sense now.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join