It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC sets up team to debunk fake news

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
www.google.co.uk...

The BBC is to assemble a team to fact check and debunk deliberately misleading and false stories masquerading as real news.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

Well what a surprise !

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Good, I'm glad someones' going to do it.

It's too late though, fake news and propaganda have already destroyed America.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Always really on the good old Beeb

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Ministry of Truth! *faints for dramatic effect*

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

That's where you're wrong kiddo. Fake news made America great again!

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Yes your favorite president did push to legalize propagandizing the American people...and succeeded as well as delivered.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

BBC vs CNN...gotta love it!

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

At one time the BBC were a public institution which we in the UK were rightly proud of, they only ever engaged in propeganda during wartime such as during the second world war but this is a point that has to be remembered, they were a propaganda tool and remain a government controlled body, the independance of the reporters and there ability to speak there mind's freely having been curtailed or those that don't fit the sitting director general's or board of governor's approval.

Hence by choosing them in this manner those with the vested interest can be certain that the news will be delivered with a bias of which they approve.
en.wikipedia.org...
downloads.bbc.co.uk...

So the BBC IS a biased source of news and often does not cover in depth storys which as a public broadcaster it truly should, in the past governor general's have been appointed and fired (Or coerced to resign the honorable way out leaving them with at least a vestage of there career) when the BBC has been seen as going TOO far in it's reporting of Government scandal's and the reporters and program maker's have shown a bias which the THEN sitting government does not like.

So in other word's this is like asking a very hungry wolf to watch the sheep.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
This is good. First of all, the BBC is one of the more reputable news outlets. Secondly, as long as they back up their assertions with facts, we are all still free to decide for ourselves.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
So they are returning part of the organization to doing what news organizations typically did years ago.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
And being the BBC, any news that's detrimental to the Conservative Party or its leadership will be immediately marked as "fake".

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Glad I don't pay my TV licence anymore.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers
This is good. First of all, the BBC is one of the more reputable news outlets. Secondly, as long as they back up their assertions with facts, we are all still free to decide for ourselves.

Sorry no offence but... BBC is a reputable news outlet??

The BBC is a biased joke, no better then CNN in the USA.

If it were up to me I would shut it down in its entirety

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Will they debunk their fake Watford Bilderberg sketch?

Notice how police and protesters combined forces against BBC fake news.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: fusiondoe

I don't know what happens across the pond, but BBC America is indeed a reputable source for AMERICAN news. It's one of the least biased outlets out there. Also, the BBC radio network available on Sirius/XM is pretty damned non-partisan for news that impacts America.

Keep in mind, I have no idea what political divisions exist in the UK and wouldn't recognize bias if I saw it, most likely.
edit on 13-1-2017 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: fusiondoe

I don't know what happens across the pond, but BBC America is indeed a reputable source for AMERICAN news. It's one of the least biased outlets out there. Also, the BBC radio network available on Sirius/XM is pretty damned non-partisan for news that impacts America.

Keep in mind, I have no idea what political divisions exist in the UK and wouldn't recognize bias if I saw it, most likely.

Fair enough

Indeed I am talking from a UK point of view here

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   
But will they fact check and debunk their own false narratives? Because thats how real news works.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The BBC is a left-wing organisation nowadays, so their definition of "fake news" would probably square with CNN's definition.
They are only slightly better at disguising their rejection of conservatism.

top topics

join