It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12yr old Commits Suicide and Streams it Live on Facebook

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

She said in the video that the relative "tried" to rape her.

thats a bit odd.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: gort51

Apparently, her Step father "Tried" to rape her??? The media is promoting sexual abuse...as in long term etc.
Her words were...."My step father "Tried" to rape me, and when he couldnt, he told me I was a (stupid/ugly whatever) whore and to go hang myself"......Her words on the site.

She was 12 years old......at puberty, hormones racing.....12 trying to be 18...as her photos show.

She seemed to hate her step dad.......Was he doing anything? was it all in her mind?...she was 12.

It is a fairly commonly recognised syndrome that there are some men who

target single mothers with the intention of becoming partners/husbands in

the long term of gaining access to her children....girls or boys depending on

their preferences.

The mothers are so wrapped up in the 'new' man in her life never believes the

possibility of that!!

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
She has an entire youtube account under the name itzdolly.....I've watched 3 and would be very interested to hear what others think of these videos. She recorded everything, for hours and hours at a time. I'm seriously unsure of many things after watching them. Think I need some time to digest it all. I'm torn between whining attention seeking teen from a poor home and someone very very unstable. She seems to be using youtube as a friend searching for someone to listen
edit on 13-1-2017 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
PhyllidaDavenport

She had a a few pages of an online diary that she'd started that some may find interesting to read:

I just found it and was reading through it ...thought others may like to read it as well...

thanks

edit on 13-1-2017 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

It certainly is a very sad state of affairs. We don't exactly know the home circumstances but these videos and diaries sure show a very unpleasant poor home and one very screwed up child acting far far older than her 12yrs

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
It certainly is a very sad state of affairs. We don't exactly know the home circumstances but these videos and diaries sure show a very unpleasant poor home and one very screwed up child acting far far older than her 12yrs

I looked at bits of a few videos .....

First I was appalled at the language, bad enough it coming from a 12 yr old

but what about those other much younger children!?

Second the time spent recording rather than living her life, obviously the

parents were not interested in giving her any focus or direction toward growing up.

Third she would have at least got some satisfaction in doing some basic tidying up

of her room because

*clutter in your physical surroundings will clutter your mind and spirit*

Fourth vanity .... *You had one eye on the mirror, and watched your self gavotte

(Carly Symons) Probably that way because of watching to many reality shows

such as the Kardishans.

Fifth perhaps her mother should have tried to get her into drama lessons!? to

use up some of her *fantasy energy*

AND

her mother should have shown her real life, eg. visiting lonely old people, schools

for the disadvantaged and so on. However it would seem she was totally

disinterested, just as long as Katelyn stayed out 'of her way' ....... very sad

Such a waste..... I am left with this empty sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

edit on 13-1-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I doubt very much the mother was even aware of her daughter's condition and as far enrolling her in this that and the other....that's called parenting and a skill that seems lacking in oh so many. Strikes me that kids are either a meal ticket and financial incentive or just a plain burden. Bung them in a room with a pc laptop nintendo and tv and forget about them whilst you get stoned drunk or just generally do your own thing and it always helps to have an older child you can rear your younger ones for you whilst you carry on living your life as if you were single

She did spend far far too much time recording, recording everything, whilst seemingly doing not a lot of anything else. The house is a #tip and could be cleaned up I agree but it looks as if most stuff was left down to her and lets remember she was only a child herself.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

She did spend far far too much time recording, recording everything, whilst seemingly doing not a lot of anything else. The house is a #tip and could be cleaned up I agree but it looks as if most stuff was left down to her and lets remember she was only a child herself.

I went back and watched one video which intrigued me .... in it she is crying

for some time (its feels very much like an invitation to pity) her eyes are heavily

made up and at first the sounds and contorted faces are pretty dramatic, but

there are no tears to be seen ... till she throws her head in her hands, then when

she comes up for breath her mascara is very smeared and her eyes are very wet

but there is no trickle of tears
....and this is where I think she had the

makings of an actress.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I know...this is why I asked for others thoughts on the vids as I'm really not sure...if the videos are simply a teenagers pity party attention seeking or whatever, then possibly that shines a different light on the suicide which may well have not gone the way she planned

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
All of this is nothing less than voyeurism and most forms of social media are nothing less than a form of exhibitionism.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I do not believe that it is as simple as attention seeking.

When someone is the target of abuse, they feel as if they cannot reach out, as if they cannot say anything about it to anyone. They are used to getting attention, the wrong sort of attention, from the wrong people. Its not more attention that they need, just the right kind. The risks associated with getting that correct attention, from the correct people, can be extreme, or at least seem extreme. Abused people are often threatened not just with their own death, but the deaths of loved ones if they talk, and other psychological manipulations can be applied.

"No one will believe you anyway..."

This is a phrase I have heard associated with abuse before, on quite a considerable number of occasions. The issue is deeply complicated, very dark territory and not something that we can just wash over with a suggestion that this action, broadcasting a suicide, had shallow, or simple origins. It is VERY probable that the girl who ended herself on film, did so for deep seated reasons having to do with the abuse she suffered, possibly taking herself out having made known what was going on in her life, was her way of giving the finger to her abuser, while escaping the horror of either any reprisal, or indeed a court case arising from such a public announcement.

Frankly speaking, I am appalled that the article contained more hype and blather about the fact that the video was still available, than it did about the person she accused, and whether they are under arrest or investigation at this time. If they are not, I would very much like to know why, because THAT is the story here. The story should be:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Twelve Year Old Names Abuser In Suicide Video Online

A schoolgirl who killed herself live on Facebook, named her accuser, a family member before taking her life. Local police department officials have swooped on the situation after the tragic death of the twelve year old. Further comment will be forthcoming from the investigating officers in the next few hours.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THAT is the real story here.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
So unfortunate. How did her parents miss the blatant warning signs? Suicide is the final scream for attention...

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

In one of her diary videos she states that her stepfather was the one who attempted to rape her then told her to go hang herself...she reads her will and suicide note in one video too....its strange and tragic but the without watching all the videos I think the only story we'll know is the family's versions

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
All of this is nothing less than voyeurism and most forms of social media are nothing less than a form of exhibitionism.

I agree.

The real conversation in this should be about the impact of social media and not this one girl. It's more important to discuss the dark side of the Internet communications overload.

I'm disturbed that after knowing in advance what the video is, some beat feet to watch it. Some kind of sick voyeurism in my mind.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I have touched on the whole social media thing as well as the impact of celebrity worship etc.

I've no way of knowing for sure, but friends have said that she did this to draw awareness to teen suicide and abuse however I've seen comments from other people that she was also bullied at school and these bullies were the ones taunting her whilst she was streaming the incident and encouraging her to do it!!

That in itself says such a lot about the generation we are bringing up. Who knows? Without social media and an audience she may not have gone this far, without facebook the bullies wouldn't have been able to taunt her and push her over the edge. We could say moderation and censorship can be the only solutions to this kind of thing happening, which I've since discovered isn't a one off event, but once you go down that road, where do you draw the line? Do we really need a nanny state or just better parents?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I'm glad I'm not going through my teenage years again in this environment. As powerful and wonderful of a tool the social media is, it's filled with landmines for kids.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

a reply to: TrueBrit

In one of her diary videos she states that her stepfather was the one who attempted to rape her then told her to go hang herself...she reads her will and suicide note in one video too....its strange and tragic but the without watching all the videos I think the only story we'll know is the family's versions

In another video she said her father never showed any interest in her and how she was all sad about it.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

If people don't want to watch the video, then they won't click the link.

Come on, if you click the link, you want to watch the video. OP has no obligation to shield consenting adults against their own temptations, regardless of the content.
edit on 1/14/2017 by Ensinger23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I believe I read in one of her diary posts that she had fallen in love with BEN Drowned, believed it was the "real" BEN Drowned, and something else about Slenderman. I followed that line of research for a little while, which led me to cleverbot.com, which led me to a whole day wasted. Actually it led to a super creepy conversation that I'll try to find a transcript of.

www.anonews.co...

Sorry if I'm missing anything, this is my first post, and I'm new to the site.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Remember this warning, what has been seen cannot be unseen.

This is why I do not watch stuff like this.

You can never erase those images from the inside of your eyelids.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join