It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12yr old Commits Suicide and Streams it Live on Facebook

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: cynicalheathen
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Speaking as a suicide survivor here (I actually died of heart failure from an overdose but was brought back) it is sadly not as simple as that from my side.

While I am totally glad that I am alive now and forever grateful to the Nurses who saved me that night when my heart gave out, it took a full 16, sixteen years to completely overcome the mental illness of depression that lead me to that dark place.

There is so much that is misunderstood about mental illness. I am just grateful that most will never suffer the torment that that poor girl suffered.

May she finally find the peace she was seeking.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

Hmmm I think I agree with that statement, it seems quite possible albeit very final. It seems though the allegations of abuse were only made in the child's diary and on her blog stating that she was beaten with a studded belt and an attempted rape by a male relative. She did also say she had been researching various ways to end her life.

I really do think even though I've not watched the whole video, that this may have been an attention thing egged on by "friends" because as quite rightly said in another post, 12yr olds have no real concept of death its something that happens to old people. Perhaps on the other hand, she was getting a little over excited at the reactions to her stream (whatever they may have been) and felt compelled to finish the sad job

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Rest In Peace, you poor thing...

I'm sorry you had to deal with that!!

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
a reply to: Cygnis

Its sad that it appears she couldn't talk to her mother sister teacher someone about what she was apparently going through. There are suggestions that she possibly had mental health issues too although I've found no proof of that but I have now learnt that she was in her own front yard....and for 42mins was undetected even though a womans voice can be heard calling her name (apparently according to one source I only watched first couple of mins of the video)

Yea, her own front yard.

Other details I've found point to some stuff having to do with posting creepypasta stuff, as well as running an online diary/blog of sorts.

Seems there was a lot of desperation and darkness in the lil ones life, and it doesn't seem the mother was much help, or the step father etc. Drug abuse, and arguments, etc.

From what some sources are saying about the step father, I'd not mind removing him from the gene-pool.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

The only good that can come from this is if it raises awareness of the plight of childhood abuse and helps save other children from the same life of horror she had.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

I watched it all. Sad...at least being an Emergency Medical Tech (ambulance) and Search and Rescue Responder...Ive seen these things all the time. I guess Ive just learned to turn the horror off. We have to to do this job.

The greater issue is we have to do something about the lack of self-worth our children and their friends feel these days. To many, life is like a Play-Station....BOOM! Youre dead! tomorrow we can just pick up again! Only...they cant.

Life is not at all like a video game. Decisions can and are permanent in most cases. I dont think there's any easy answers, but we need to teach our children from a very early age that life is worth living. It has meaning, it has its ups and downs and dead ends along the way. And that these are all normal. Its from them that we learn.

And yet...we are still...like in this tragic case...talking to adolescents that are too young to understand. But, we cant stop trying. And we shouldnt.

I hope and pray this child...no matter what drove her to this...finds peace at last. We should all say a small prayer for her broken heart.

Thanks friends......MS
edit on 12-1-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

No i havent watched it, cause i know i will just become frustrated. She wouldnt stream it, if she didnt want help. A part of her didnt want to die, she wanted help, and someone to rescue her.......

I wont watch it, cause i will just go in a dark frenzy..

I agree with this entirely.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

"my immediate " issue " - thats a 12 year old ?????"

That was my first reaction and I'm sure it was the same with many others.

We tend to do a bit of fantasy over such cases, what were they thinking? With her I wondered if she had been allowed to propel herself to eagerly into being a grownup. Those madeup eyes and those vivid lips could have been those of a female twice her age.

I'm let to wonder what the parents knew and didn't know?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

And yet the sources report that her mother was calling her for some time and yet she didn't answer or cry for help to her mother.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

The only good that can come from this is if it raises awareness of the plight of childhood abuse and helps save other children from the same life of horror she had.

Sadly, this isn't the first one to grace the air-waves of the internet.

More changes is needed, otherwise it will continue, much like a lot of other horrible things.

This should be a top level agenda item for governments and health agencies. More bad things happen due to lack of proper mental support systems then almost anything else.

Sadly, I think it would take a switch in the mentality of society to make it occur.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I wonder if some of this type of behaviour has links with the celebrity culture many worship i.e. the 5 mins of fame scenario

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

There's always so much more going on behind closed doors, that most people never know about.
Again I have to agree with other posters comments, I couldn't believe she was 12yrs old. I would NEVER have let my 2 girls wear make up like that etc at such an age! Again, I wonder if this celebrity culture is affecting children/teens more than we, (certainly I) thought. It looks so much like she's emulating someone far older

Not sure what a creepy pasta is though!

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I agree. This sort of macabre spectator style madness reminds me of the death sports they used to host in the Roman colosseum.

It worries me that the article says that the police have no legal authority to get the video removed from various sites hosting it.

The rightful owner (the girl) is now gone, so the state should assume ownership of it and delete it.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Except there is no law that says they must. However to my mind the law of decency and respect should tell them to take it down

What a wonderful analogy Markosity1973 likening these things to the death sports of Rome

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
As far as Facebook's responsibility here... I'm not familiar with how this particular feature works. My guess is that there are probably thousands of people using "Facebook Live" at any given moment and since it's not a text based service that can be scanned when posted they probably rely on user reports for something inappropriate. The question is then how the hell did no one report that for 40 minutes and get it shut down. Or is the reporting to action process very slow.

Many years ago when ATS's chat feature (no longer active) was at the peak of its popularity we were asked to add a audio and video capabilities. The ownership decided not to because of the near impossibility of moderating it. In hindsight cases like this remind me that it was the correct decision.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Not to make light of the abuse she suffered....but the abuse you listed doesn't seem to be extreme enough to be the sole cause of her decision.

One thing I have learned in life is that we all see things differently and some people have mindsets that are way outside of the parameters that we would term "normal". In other words.....it's far easier for some people to end their lives then it would be for most people. It's like the people that can walk a tight rope hundreds of feet off the ground and show no signs of fear...I suspect that some people can take their own lives and not fear it either.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I watched it. It's sad. She's very sorry.

She wanted others to see it, so I did. It was her final wish and no, I don't believe the video should be taken down. Ever.

I think it should be used to spread awareness of sexual abuse and as a guide to destroy those who do such acts.

Also, I'm of full belief that we, as a species need to see these sorts of things to know, to really see, what's going on.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Djarums

I believe FB can only act on reports. I don't believe they have the capability to do anything else, but other sites certainly do, they can moderate items before they are posted easily enough but simply choose not to as it makes great click bait and viewing figures

The other thing to consider here in light of this tragedy is the calls for censorship and moderating of the internet as a whole. This is the type of incident that could be used for severe monitoring...all in the public interest of course...unfortunately when something like this appears online, it has to give you pause for wondering whether such monitoring would in fact be a good idea...very much a double edged sword

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Since the girl was underage, shouldn't her parents have the legal right to have the video removed?

And then too, as her "next of kin" it seems like they would have 'ownership' rights and could get it taken down...

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

I thought the very same thing to be honest however if you take into account the information provided about her homelife parents etc as posted by Cygnis...it could well be a combination of these factors....or it could have been a child showing off, out to shock, looking for approval which all went horribly wrong

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join