It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Urges People To 'Buy L.L.Bean' Amid Boycott Threat

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
it could be worse, he could have the senate pass a law forcing you to buy from L.L. Bean or risk having to pay a fine/penalty/tax to the IRS. He would never do that though because that would be un-American to do something like that.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion
Thanks for the update. I thought I lost my mind. I came back in here and was like wtf happened to the op lol. O well

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
Trump likes to micromanage, doesn't he?

And what would you call the people who would boycotting a store over the owners political affiliation?
Social Justice Warriors that's what!

I don't want a POTUS telling me what to buy (or what not to buy). It gives me an awkward feeling.

Then don't!
Are you really that indoctrinated by the leftest consumerist mentality where you are incapable of NOT buying what you are being marketed? To the level of awkwardness?
Wow!
I get an awkward feeling when I have some middle age woman talking to me about erectile dysfunction on TV.
But you don't see me making a scene do you?

Side note:
From my understanding most liberals do the majority of their shopping at the old navy and WALMART anyway. Why pay more for something made with pride when you can buy something made with human suffering.
edit on 12-1-2017 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
'What about $hillary huh? Her pay to play lists are available online to see!'

Too soon or too late? Hehe.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I hope Banana Republic donated. That would be a fun tweet.

That was brilliant!

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

And what would you call the people who would boycotting a store over the owners political affiliation?
Social Justice Warriors that's what!

They come in all sizes and colors and political parties as well.

Breitbart Urges Boycott of Kellogg After Brand Abandons Site

Guess there's a SJW in everyone, huh???
edit on 12-1-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
L L Bean is a great company. I think I will be putting in an order soon. Its definitely not a snowflake company

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I don't want a POTUS telling me what to buy (or what not to buy).

Thoughts on the ACA?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

But you were ok with Obama telling you what to buy from his disaster Obamacare?
You really get an awkward feeling from a comment he makes about something?
Big deal
The crazy thing is the Leftists wanting to boycott it because of that.
My wife has a Leftist friend with a couple of young kids, the oldest boy probably 5-6 years old...so a group of them take the kids to the movies and afterwards decide to get the kids some food. Someone mentioned McDonalds and the kid pipes up "I can't eat at McDonalds because Trump eats there"
My wife almost fell off the chair she said...in my opinion, McDs is garbage but what kid doesn't like to go run around the place?
And what kind of parent puts that crap into a kids head?
Mentally deranged Liberals, that's who.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I don't post often but felt compelled to log in.

My family grew up in New Hampshire and has been buying L.L. Bean products for nearly two decades. Now its one thing for them to have great quality products, which I do think they have. But part of what makes L.L. Bean such a great company is thier history with customer satisfaction. If you go on their website you can read a story about how the company started. They began by making a bunch of boots nearly a century ago, and sold them to people with the understanding that if they were not happy with the overall product over time they could return it. Many people did end up returning the boots after they wore down, but the people still continued to support L.L. Bean after they gave them a full refund. Fast forward to today L.L. Bean still has the same return policy, satisfaction for life.

Now you can make the argument that returning products is a cheap thing to do, but the fact of the matter is I've been through some hard financial times where my 3 year old shows were developing holes and my backpacks zippers were getting screwed up and all I had to do was stick them in a box and send them back to L.L. Bean and a week or two later they sent me a brand new item (or a gift card for something similar). They accepted any L.L. Bean product back regardless of how many years have passed so long as you have your receipt. They don't have to do this but it's part of how they became the company they are today and as a lower class American it has helped me countless times in the past and still continues to do so. Regardless of political affiliation this company truly cares about people as I have continuous firsthand experience of them showing they do.
edit on 12-1-2017 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: synthetichuman
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015 Well his endorsement from the daughter of someone at LLBEAN cause yallz crazy liberals to protest the store, jeez you people are crazy.

Yup, So now his crazy Trumpkins will go buy their crap in droves because he said so.

I am just looking forward to what he will do with his presidential addresses. There may be product placement in them. lol

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
I am just looking forward to what he will do with his presidential addresses. There may be product placement in them. lol

Product placement will be difficult, he doesn't smoke, drink alcohol or do drugs. He might bring a copy of one of his books. Maybe some of those Trump armbands.

I think the pledge of allegiance will be enough to shake up the audience.

I pledge allegiance to Donald Trump, Leader of the United States of America....

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I could be wrong, but doesn't LL Bean have most of its stores in liberal clinton voting states?

I thought they were mostly a new england thing.

I've supported llbean my whole life- they sell decent products with an unbeatable return policy.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

President-elect Donald Trump took to Twitter again Thursday morning, this time to urge his followers to "Buy L.L.Bean," and support one of his campaign backers.

"Thank you to Linda Bean of L.L.Bean for your great support and courage," he tweeted Thursday. "People will support you even more now. Buy L.L.Bean."

SOURCE

Trump likes to micromanage, doesn't he? I don't know about you, but this is starting to annoy me. He must have picked up this habit in managing his businesses, but trying to do it as "the leader of the free world" is going too far in my opinion.

I don't want a POTUS telling me what to buy (or what not to buy). It gives me an awkward feeling. Who does he think he is telling people to buy L.L.Bean?

I think he's going too far in a variety of ways.

The good thing is that watching it and discussing it is entertaining.

People are calling to boycott them for supporting Trump.

It was only the heir of the company that contributed to a PAC for Trump.

That's why he tweeted.

More lefty butthurt.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
I could be wrong, but doesn't LL Bean have most of its stores in liberal clinton voting states?

I thought they were mostly a new england thing.

I've supported llbean my whole life- they sell decent products with an unbeatable return policy.

They are about the largest employer in Maine.

Love duck boots.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I can't say I support any company nor do I understand why people do so.

I buy things based on their worth, price, and service and that is about it.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Beholden to no one! Except his donors right!

If this was someone who didn't donate he'd be mum

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
L L Bean is a great company. I think I will be putting in an order soon. Its definitely not a snowflake company

I find irony in people calling others snowflakes whenever they are buying something just because someone they like tells them to

It's cute you're u can take orders though

Although I remember when people did or parroted what Obama said they called them lemmings or shills

Double standard.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: tehdouglas
I don't post often but felt compelled to log in.

My family grew up in New Hampshire and has been buying L.L. Bean products for nearly two decades. Now its one thing for them to have great quality products, which I do think they have. But part of what makes L.L. Bean such a great company is thier history with customer satisfaction. If you go on their website you can read a story about how the company started. They began by making a bunch of boots nearly a century ago, and sold them to people with the understanding that if they were not happy with the overall product over time they could return it. Many people did end up returning the boots after they wore down, but the people still continued to support L.L. Bean after they gave them a full refund. Fast forward to today L.L. Bean still has the same return policy, satisfaction for life.

Now you can make the argument that returning products is a cheap thing to do, but the fact of the matter is I've been through some hard financial times where my 3 year old shows were developing holes and my backpacks zippers were getting screwed up and all I had to do was stick them in a box and send them back to L.L. Bean and a week or two later they sent me a brand new item (or a gift card for something similar). They accepted any L.L. Bean product back regardless of how many years have passed so long as you have your receipt. They don't have to do this but it's part of how they became the company they are today and as a lower class American it has helped me countless times in the past and still continues to do so. Regardless of political affiliation this company truly cares about people as I have continuous firsthand experience of them showing they do.

I had no idea they took to customer support so good.
This was one heck of a endorsement for me thanks.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: visitedbythem

cute you're u can take orders though

What? Are you trying to say something? Are you a Methamatition?

LL Bean has good products. Hunters and those who bear arms love their products. Sissies don't, but you already knew that..........

edit on 12-1-2017 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join