It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sean Spicer: I Told CNN’s Jim Acosta If He Behaves Like That Again I’ll Have Him Removed

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: DeathSlayer

You know, I have no love for CNN or the MSM but having a president openly remove journalists he doesn't like doesn't set for a good precedent on how the next 4 years will be.

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
I don't like CNN and they are mostly a bunch of fools and idiots for what has transpired in the last 18 months, but there was no reason for Acosta to be treated that way for what Buzzfeed did.

Did you both read the same debating for dummies handbook or something?
And...
Have either of you heard the saying. The word "but" is generally an omission of everything said before it?
Like.
You have some valid points at times BUT the way in which you present them turns people off to the ideology.

Just a debating tip they probably forgot to add in the handbook.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Stir the pot? That's what Trump does ALL the time! Stirring the pot is an understatement.

Imagine if Obama did the same thing and his press guy said they would throw out Fox News because reason? Oh the Rights heads would explode! The hypocrisy of the Trump camp is beyond stupid.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

So journalists asking questions the Trump team doesn't like is akin to protesting?

Trump already has been censoring the media all during the election. His first press conference since what, July, and the hot topic taken from it is press censorship. Trump supporters cheer because they don't like CNN and apparently really don't give a damn about free press and the Constitution. When people cheer this kind of crap bad things are gonna happen.

edit on 12-1-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Never read a debate book and my entire post is completely valid. Of course Trump supporters are turned off and that's because anything or anyone who doesn't 100% agree with their views triggers them. But this isn't about partisan politics because the free press is so important to democracy. Unfortunately the wealthy elite control both the politicians and MSM so agenda are pushed. It's one great way to curb the free press of you're evil.

So I don't care about CNN BUT I do care about free press and once they start with CNN am I naive enough to believe it will end with CNN?

edit on 12-1-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Let's get straight exactly what happened here. Donald Trump had a meltdown and he was wrong. Here's what was said:

TRUMP: As far as BuzzFeed, which is a failing pile of garbage, writing it, I think they're going to suffer the consequences. They already are. And as far as CNN going out of their way to build it up — and by the way, we just found out [as] I was coming down ... it was a different Michael Cohen they were talking about. All night long, it's Michael Cohen. I said I want to see your passport. He brings his passport to my office. I say, hey, wait a minute. He didn't leave the country. He wasn't out of the country. They had Michael Cohen of the Trump Organization was in Prague. It turned out to be a different Michael Cohen. It's a disgrace what took place. It's a disgrace, and I think they out to apologize, to start with, [to] Michael Cohen.

In case nobody noticed, Donald Trump "is fake news" as his claim is actually false.

CNN did not report on the contents of the documents. So what we have here is Donald Trump, the President-elect of the United States of America, making a completely false statement about CNN. I don't even know if that statement is true of BuzzFeed.

I don't know if Donald Trump was simply misinformed, confused or if he was being deliberately misleading. It makes some difference but doesn't change the result at all.

US Presidents are not kings. Sean Spicer is correct about the office commanding respect but as much as it commands the respect of a reporter, it commands an even greater respect from the office holder. Donald Trump now has what Teddy Roosevelt referred to as the "bully pulpit." When a US President or President-elect speaks, everyone listens.

That power isn't a gift, it's a responsibility... and he has used it to defame CNN.

Adding insult to injury, Trump denied the reporter an opportunity to question the attack against his network and attempted to embarass him. Somehow playing petty tyrant after blatantly attacking a media outlet — for something he wrongly accused them of — is being lauded as an accomplishment.

Jim Hoft (The Gateway Pundit) also lied in his post:

This was after CNN ran with a bizarre media smear that Trump was with hookers in Moscow. Trump owes CNN NOTHING.

That didn't happen either.

EDIT:

How's this for irony? The one thing relating to the contents of the documents that CNN did report on was Jack Tapper stating that his sources believed that the Michael Cohen discussed in the documents was somebody else. So not only was Trump wrong, he had the whole thing completely backwards. Ironically enough, it was Tapper's reporting that was picked up by Trump-friendly sources like Tucker Carlson's Daily Caller:

There was a Michael Cohen in Prague, a government source told CNN, but it wasn’t the Michael Cohen an uncorroborated report identified as President-elect Donald Trump’s legal counsel.

The shocking report claimed that Cohen, the executive vice president of the Trump Organizations and special counsel to Trump himself, traveled to Prague to meet with Russian officials in August. It also claimed Cohen’s Ukrainian father-in-law had a dacha, or cottage, near that of Russian President Vladimir Putin. CNN’s Jake Tapper noted Wednesday that his reporting suggested a different Michael Cohen with the same birthday traveled to Prague around the same time under a foreign passport.

edit on 2017-1-12 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: mtnshredder

Stir the pot? That's what Trump does ALL the time! Stirring the pot is an understatement.

Imagine if Obama did the same thing and his press guy said they would throw out Fox News because reason? Oh the Rights heads would explode! The hypocrisy of the Trump camp is beyond stupid.

Yep he does and it's about time someone in Washington did. What Acosta did was just more childish antics that we've come to expect from you lefty's and extremely rude for a presidential press conference IMO. If Acosta was prez and Trump was a journalist doing the same, I wouldn't think any differently,

BTW, I'm not in the Trump camp or any other camp you care to slap your labels on, although, I do support him as our POTUS. So don't lump me in with your usual insult targets, you don't know me. I've been critical of both parties and have every right to have an opinion on any subject I like, just like you do to . I do find more humor in the clowns out playing in the middle of our freeways, throwing yet another waa- waa temper tantrum because they didn't get their trophy.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

When I watched that exchange, I imagined how some of the other Republican candidates would have responded..

1. Kasich - Would still be trying to answer the question.

2. Bush - deer in headlights..

3. Carson - Would say, "I'll look into it and get back with you."

4. Rubio - Sweaty mean look.. then (?)

5. Cruise - Would ask, "Have I done something to offend you sir?"

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
a reply to: tothetenthpower

But HOW Mr. Acosta approached the issue was totally wrong by being rude, don't you agree?

Was Acosta true about how passionate he was or was this all show..... which is how that looked to me.

I tell you what, when Trump goes through 1/10th the rudeness that Obama did, then he can complain. Say what you will about the man, but he put up with a lot of bs from far ruder people.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

CNN already had a question in from earlier, this wasnt a CNN Trump interview. Everyone gets one question

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
To no one in particular:

Freedom of the Press does not obligate the President (or the President-elect) to take questions from every reporter who shows up to a press conference. What network they belong to is irrelevant. The Freedom of the Press argument here is fallacious, just like the Freedom of Speech argument when someone voluntarily gives up parts of their right to Free Speech by joining an organization and then whines when said org enforces their rules about what members are allowed to say. Stop whining about Freedom of the Press. It is irrelevant to what happened at the Trump press conference and you're just showing your ignorance of the Constitution every time you bring it up.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: kosmicjack

I just caught the whole exchange un-edited this time.

I agree Acosta was out of bounds. I still think Trump is walking a dangerous line with how he's after CNN as a whole, but I get it now.

~Tenth

now that was a classy move.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I don't care what brings about disruption, as long as it happens.

In rare times I am forced to watch them, late at night when live events break. Like the Dallas police shooting for instance... I watched this MSM source in debate here:

* Publicly show thee picture of a protester with an assault rifle strapped around their back.
* Air live the opinion that the person in the photo was the shooter.
* Air live the brother of the person in the photo.
* Report that the person in the photo was questioned and released.

This all occurred before the actual shooter was killed. That is just pure insanity... to sit there watch that mess of reporting, and deem it in any way, shape, or form, credible. They deserve any fallback they get for false news allowed to air.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join