It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will Trumps administration deal with Climate Change

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Well hopefully Trump won't continue the trend of dumping millions of taxpayer dollars in "green" energy companies that go bankrupt a year later.

Who did that? Serious question. You might say Obama, but Solandra or whatever they were called paid back every cent of that "loan". Yes?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Who did that? Serious question. You might say Obama, but Solandra or whatever they were called paid back every cent of that "loan". Yes?

An initial investigation brought up this link.

instituteforenergyresearch.org...

President Obama subsidized solar and other renewable energy in the United States with taxpayer money to the tune of $39 billion per year on average for the past 5 years. These massive subsidies, however, have done little to increase the contribution of solar power to the electricity generation mix as solar is expected to produce just 0.6 percent of electricity generation this year.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Manmade Global warming doesn't exist and he will treat it accordingly, reverse all economic stifling regulations that have been criminally imposed on the people of the nation and tell the UN carbon tax cartels to go to hell while backing it all up with accredited scientists.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

An initial investigation brought up this link.

instituteforenergyresearch.org...

President Obama subsidized solar and other renewable energy in the United States with taxpayer money to the tune of $39 billion per year on average for the past 5 years. These massive subsidies, however, have done little to increase the contribution of solar power to the electricity generation mix as solar is expected to produce just 0.6 percent of electricity generation this year.

I think the goverment subsidizes $50-$60 billion to fossel fuel companies each year too. I would be okay if both of those subsidies went away.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

See my ATS thread: World First. India Chemical Plant Upcycling CO2, and check out the other thread linked in there: Zero Emission Power Plants Coming Next Year, which also covers some of the same ideas.

It is called "closed loop" or "zero emission" (although nuclear fission plants are trying to co-opt that term). "Upcyclying" is explained in the linked thread. There are a couple more examples in the other if you have the time.

Basically, some of the energy generated is used to perform a chemical process that uses up CO2 before it can enter the atmosphere. Another useful product is created from the "waste" product, CO2.

The guys in India did not get a tax break or subsidies from the government which was my point about not needing The Donald's involvement.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I think the goverment subsidizes $50-$60 billion to fossel fuel companies each year too. I would be okay if both of those subsidies went away.

Yea, not sure of the numbers. I would bet they get away with offshoring a lot of money and not paying much in tax as well. That can be changed if the administration has the balls to do it.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Welcome...youre new here so we'll cut you some slack!

Climate change is normal. It carves out the shorelines, creates mountains and islands. Tornados, Hurricanes, cyclones, Ice storms and Ice ages are normal. Heat waves, doughts, famines, widespread tectonic movements of the world, volcanoes...etc...you name it? Its NORMAL. ALL OF IT.

Leave Earth for a thousand centuries...come back...and the climate in all those millenia will have changed the shape and contours of the world we left. But to do anything about all the places on Earth? It wont even look the same. Those are referred to as Earth Changes...and NORMAL.

Now...if youre referring to how man has expedited and morphed these changes worse, or faster or in unexpected ways...then youre taking it the wrong way...but you are absolutely correct in that we've done it to ourselves.

But certainly...its changing climate events that create our world. There is a difference....and much of it? We just can't change...

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Welcome...youre new here so we'll cut you some slack!

Unwelcome comment. I've been lurking on ATS way longer than you've been a memeber. NSA records confirm!
edit on 12-1-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

No offense meant. Just defining the difference between warming and change. I too lurked around a few+ years before I joined as well.

So at least there is that... Carry on friend... Respectfully... MS

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I think he might have to shovel some snow!

Or maybe hire someone to shovel some snow for him.

See creating more jobs already.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Sooooo uh we've sat down, we sat down, we sat down and uh we looked at the evidence and uh weeeeeeee've come to the coooncluuusion that uh.. we don't know. But uh we have put a great team together, a really really great team and uh I'm sure they're going to do an amazing job, fantastic team.. very good people. I know uh here in Alaska uh which is a great great state, fantastic place...one of my favourites uh I was uh saying just yeeeesterdaaaaaay that I would love to buy a house here (rabid applause) and uh you have a wonderful, a wonderful, a really wonderful Starbucks (turns cup to camera) please everybody go out and buy Starbucks...excellent coffee, it's really very good.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Hahaa, that is a very good approximation of what he might say!

Trump has had a meeting with Dr. Will Happer, a scientist from Princeton. Dr. Happer is not a believer in the doomsday scenario's being presented by the Alarmist crowd, rather he seems to be an optimist. Fears disguised as science might not have wings to fly on anymore.

Hap per meets with Trump
edit on 14-1-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Well, lets just say that not even Trump with all his buddies in the administration can influence science. No matter how hard he rants his own opinions.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join