It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Department Launches Probe Into FBI, DOJ Actions During Presidential Campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

The Justice Department Inspector General has launched a review of the actions of the Federal Bureau of Investigations and Department of Justice leading up to the 2016 presidential election.

The review will include FBI Director James Comey's news conference in July and his two letters to the Hill in late October and early November.

Before the Nov. 8 election, Comey sent a letter to lawmakers that said the FBI discovered new emails related to Clinton.

They were found as part of an on-going probe of disgraced former New York congressman Anthony Weiner.

The FBI later said it would not change its conclusion.

Department of Justice Inspector General Michael E. Horowitz announced today that:

In response to requests from numerous Chairmen and Ranking Members of Congressional oversight committees, various organizations, and members of the public, the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) will initiate a review of allegations regarding certain actions by the Department of Justice (Department) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in advance of the 2016 election.

Cognizant of the scope of the OIG's jurisdiction under Section 8E of the Inspector General Act, the review will examine the following issues:

Allegations that Department or FBI policies or procedures were not followed in connection with, or in actions leading up to or related to, the FBI Director's public announcement on July 5, 2016, and the Director's letters to Congress on October 28 and November 6, 201, and that certain underlying investigative decisions were based on improper considerations;
Allegations the FBI Deputy Director should have been recused from participating in certain investigative matters;
Allegations that the Department's Assistant Attorney General for Legislative Affairs improperly disclosed non-public information to the Clinton campaign and/or should have been recused from participating in certain matters;
Allegations that Department and FBI employees improperly disclosed non-public information; and
Allegations that decisions regarding the timing of the FBI's release of certain Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) documents on October 30 and November 1, 2016, and the use of a Twitter account to publicize same, were influenced by improper considerations.

The review will not substitute the OIG's judgment for the judgments made by the FBI or the Department regarding the substantive merits of investigative or prosecutive decisions.

Finally, if circumstances warrant, the OIG will consider including other issues that may arise during the course of the review.

Is this the final action of a desperate-to-maintain-his-legacy Obama administration to ensure this topic never goes away and that blame for Hillary's loss is placed anywhere but on her and her campaign.

The White House has - obviously - denied any involvement in the decision

www.zerohedge.com...
edit on 12-1-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
A lot to take in here, but here is my favorite part.

Allegations the FBI Deputy Director should have been recused from participating in certain investigative matters;

So the justice department, whose head, Loretta Lynch, has a secret meeting with the woman she is investigating, Hillary Clinton's husband on a tarmac, and yet still will not officially recuse herself, is not criticizing James Comey for not recusing himself!

You can't make this stuff up!

Another hilarious point is that many of the democratic politicians that pushed for this, and many dem fans that will cheer for it are the very people that claimed Trump needs to just leave the prosecution of HIllary alone and move on.

Now they want to relook into this.

I say go for it. As far as I am concerned, this is an admission by democrats that the legal process must be followed, and we shouldn't just move on. I can't wait for their support for a new justice department to take another look at the investigation.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Another member beat me by a minute. Mods please delete.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I read this as: If we, the DOJ, can get the FBI to stand down on the letters they sent to congress and state that there was only "possibly" wrong doing, then Obama will not have to give Hillary a pardon and she will be free to keep running for office and the Clinton Foundation will still be able to blackmail important people in the government and no one will say that she has no credibility.

I pray that P.E. Trump will get the new, improved DOJ to investigate the "Meeting on the Tarmac" right before the election for starters.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Didnt the dems learn from the vote recount? Once it started to show hillary cheated amazingly the investigations stopped? Now they are investigating comey who we all know let hillary off the hook on treason charges when he had solid evidence she had someone delete her emails. It was proved by a redditor that stone tear asked reddit how to strip a very vip persons email of its date time stamp lol when he couldn't bleach bit was used to erase the emails.

I believe and still believe Comey should be gone not because he later decided to hurt hillay "i bet he felt bad for us" but because he botched her investigation in the first place. I dont trust him to catch government criminals. I'm not saying he isnt a good man or good at his job but lets be honest here he protected her and his job is to protect us.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Outstanding G !!!
Good release.

Buck

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
They should be able to have this wrapped up before the next administration seeing how quickly they reviewed those emails.

Consensus will be yes! And Trump becomes illegitimate.
edit on 12-1-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The current Administration is starting this.

Enough said.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yes, but why is the current administration starting this back up? I must be missing something.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
You guys do know this investigation is of Comey and his actions.
First for his public shaming of Clinton when criminal charges were not possible.
Then for publicly announcing they were reopening the case eleven days before an election (when protocol forbid such a thing) and then announcing opps we made a mistake nothing new carry on.
Then in these recent hearings claiming the FBI doesn't comment on cases .
( only when it suites you Comey)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yes because the new one will be too busy defending himself in court when impeachment charges are brought for colluding with foreign actors against the United States of America. for the next year or two.
Or Until he quits. Cuz you know it's too hard and requires work.Or until someone takes him out because there's always that second amendment. Or until he dies cuz he's ancient.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

When did anything show Hillary cheated. Lol that's hilarious . Really lady.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: searching411

It's not starting anything "back up" . It's a new investigation. Of James Comey and his actions.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Evidence of wrongdoing, people arent ignoring it anymore because Hillary doesnt have any more clout.

Did you see the latest 300 released by the FBI on (I think) the 10th?

new topics

top topics

join