It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump appoints Rudy Giuliani as private sector cyber security adviser

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Donald Trump has finally found a more permanent spot for his friend and controversial former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani.

Mr Giuliani, Vice President of the Trump transition team, will share his views with the President-elect concerning cyber threats in the private sector, as Mr Trump plans to meet with corporations, and discuss security breaches and how to solve them.

The former mayor, who was known for stamping down on violent crime and drug users and was criticised for his “broken windows” policing, is the chairman of global security firm Greenberg Traurig and also of Giuliani Partners, an international security consulting firm.

Last month Mr Giuliani, the man who claimed he had saved more black lives than Beyonce, removed his name for consideration in Mr Trump’s cabinet. He was originally considered as a top pick for secretary of state, but Rex Tillerson, the oil tycoon at ExxonMobil, was given the job.

“This is not about me; it is about what is best for the country and the new administration,” Mr Giuliani said in December.

source

Really? Giuliani As private sector cyber security advisor? Many people asks if mr. Giuliani can even turn on a computer?

Donald Trump’s appointment of Rudy Giuliani as a cyber security advisor has been met with scepticism online, with some Twitter users questioning the ethics of his appointment and how tech savvy the former New York mayor actually is.

source

Under his new role, Giuliani will be “sharing his expertise and insight” with the president-elect on private sector cyber security problems, a role some online have already criticized as being too vague in its very definition.

"Expertise and insight"? What expertise does Giuliani have with cyber security ?

The Trump cabinet is getting more fun for each day.

What say you ATS?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Is an advisor a paid position? I don't think it is.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

Juliani is an arrogant ass, but he does have some clout in the inner circle. So maybe his position is more symbolic and for protection than anything else. Or, like the kid who is picked last to be on the team, they felt sorry for him. (sad to watch him kick rocks in the corner)

He just reminds me of wanting to slap the smug look off his face like Rumsfeld. Way above the common folk. (IMHO)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
thats like giving your nephew your phone to play with so he can leave you alone for a while.

Rudy's going out with the dignity only Rudy can have

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

Giuliani lol. He looks a tad over the hill. Not sure if it's dementia or senility. As far as your question concerning his efficacy with turning on computers, he knows how to turn them off. Remember WTC7? Pull it, we just had to pull it.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

As i recall that was Larry Silverstein. But yea, googling Giuliani , keeps returning alot of WTC7 stuff...

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Lol the mayor is over his head and doesnt have a clue about cyber security. However we all know he isnt the one that will be putting the reports together or doing any analysis of cyber security issues hes simply the guy they will give the reports too. My guess is he will have an aid someone with cyber security experience thay will explain everything and the mayor and trump will go over options or plans from a business standpoint. He's basically a figure head like all politicians.

link   
Lol the mayor is over his head and doesnt have a clue about cyber security. However we all know he isnt the one that will be putting the reports together or doing any analysis of cyber security issues hes simply the guy they will give the reports too. My guess is he will have an aid someone with cyber security experience thay will explain everything and the mayor and trump will go over options or plans from a business standpoint. He's basically a figure head like all politicians.

link   

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen
"Expertise and insight"? What expertise does Giuliani have with cyber security ?

Let me give you a scarier point: he does have insight on securities - the investment kind.

And if you wanted someone to help out wheeling and dealing in the financial world (buying and selling debts (like the mortgage on your house) then Giuliani's your man. I doubt he could tell a hacker from a phreaker or if he knows when someone he intends to hire is really as good at computers as they say they are.

...but buying and selling people? Yep. he's good at that.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This presidency is a reality show. what a mockery of the entire system it has become.

I mean, this isn't a "I dislike their political viewpoints" type thing...this is simply watching someone put together a entire cabinet made of gameshow contestants.

Funny..even the ATS Trumpets are scratching their head on this one..gonna have to really spin this one. I recommend calling everyone a snowflake at least a dozen times in order to make this seem fine.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
He's good at rebuilding infrastructure.

edit on Jan-12-2017 by xuenchen because: nailedandemailed

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

As i recall that was Larry Silverstein. But yea, googling Giuliani , keeps returning alot of WTC7 stuff...

Yeah Silverstein said it, but didn't Rudy authorize pulling wtc7 that housed his and other intelligence offices? Nudge nudge wink wink, say no more lol

Cheers - Dave

top topics

join