It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concealed Carry Hero Shoots Down Gunman Who Was Trying To Kill Arizona Trooper

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

DPS trooper responded to a call of a rollover collision. When the trooper arrived on scene he was placing flares when he was suddenly ambushed by a male suspect who opened fire on him. The trooper was shot in his right shoulder and unable to use his arm to draw his weapon. He fought back against his assailant, and they ended up in a physical fight for the trooper’s life. The trooper did not have use of his right arm, so he was overpowered on the ground with the suspect on top of him.

As the suspect was beating the trooper’s head into the pavement a citizen hero stopped, took out his gun, and ordered the suspect to stop killing the trooper. When the suspect did not stop, the hero shot the suspect dead.

Pretty chilling story. THis DPS officer is just trying to assist with an accident then gets attacked by the man who caused it. Still no determination why the man attacked the trooper because he died at the scene. There was also a female passenger in the mans car who died later at the hospital. Maybe this man was distraught over his lady dying in the car?

Either way thank god for the 2nd amendment and the right to carry concealed in AZ. Or this trooper might be dead right now.

I know I would have done the same this to help the trooper if I saw this happening.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

DPS trooper responded to a call of a rollover collision. When the trooper arrived on scene he was placing flares when he was suddenly ambushed by a male suspect who opened fire on him. The trooper was shot in his right shoulder and unable to use his arm to draw his weapon. He fought back against his assailant, and they ended up in a physical fight for the trooper’s life. The trooper did not have use of his right arm, so he was overpowered on the ground with the suspect on top of him.

As the suspect was beating the trooper’s head into the pavement a citizen hero stopped, took out his gun, and ordered the suspect to stop killing the trooper. When the suspect did not stop, the hero shot the suspect dead.

Pretty chilling story. THis DPS officer is just trying to assist with an accident then gets attacked by the man who caused it. Still no determination why the man attacked the trooper because he died at the scene. There was also a female passenger in the mans car who died later at the hospital. Maybe this man was distraught over his lady dying in the car?

Either way thank god for the 2nd amendment and the right to carry concealed in AZ. Or this trooper might be dead right now.

I know I would have done the same this to help the trooper if I saw this happening.

This saves the public the costs of a trial and prison and the world is now a better place.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

But....but....guns are evil

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
But instead costs ambulance and coroner and clean up crew.

Q: Hey what's the difference between a "Gunman" , and a "Concealed Carry Hero" ?

A: oh, about 9mm. WAKKA WAKKA!

... wait did that even make sense

reply to: pteridine

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This, along with the one that happened in Florida in November, show that people are feeling confident again to stop crime when they see it, and that the anti-LEO narrative and mindset that was proliferated during Obama's tenure in the State Department through establishment and social media is finally losing steam.

Hope for a full and speedy recovery for the officer.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: prevenge

Job Security

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Q: Hey what's the difference between a "Gunman" , and a "Concealed Carry Hero" ?

... wait did that even make sense

reply to: pteridine

INTENT !

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Glad the officer can go home to his family. For all that are angry at LEO, remember, they go out every day, knowing that this might be them, and the savior may not arrive in time. Sure bad ones exist, but many more are good ones, just trying to live long enough to make a difference.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Nope. I'd punt him in the head. He ain't getting up after that.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
All you gun control people need to pay attention to this. Cuz this is how you fight terrorism too, with armed citizens, not armed gov't.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
As the great parliamentarian Edmund Burke said, “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

This is why many do carry.

We are not victims, and refuse to become one.

We will not allow others around us to come to harm while we still have breath in our bodies.

We will do what we can to make the world around us safer.

And no matter what some people think, words have their time and place, just as a well placed shot has a place. (Usually center mass, or in the head).

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I did ask a few cop friends how to deal with a potential situation like this to ensure the police that while you the CCW holder is on their side brandishing a gun, and was told to announce that you are here to help the police, to avoid potentially being thought of as another aggressor. In a fluid situation, judgement is made really quick, and not always correctly.

Just a note to help.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

No.

Don't you know that the officer KNEW that his job was dangerous when he signed up for it? Therefore, he should have been left alone and just allowed to let the encounter play out, probably with him losing his life. That's just how it is when you choose to be a LEO.

/sarcasm

Good. As an EDCer of a firearm and other deadly weapon, I would have done exactly the same thing, although I may have tried something different first--I don't really know the details, so can't say if non-deadly force could have been used by the good Samaritan. In any event, what he did is absolutely justified, and I commend him for it.

ETA: Just this morning, we had a mom who had her 2-year-old son get carjacked because she stopped to help someone who had run their vehicle off of the road. Apparently the guy had stolen that car, too, and forced her to drive a few miles down the road when she tried to help him. She was able to get her son out of the car and escape, and the dude ran over her foot as he drove away with her car. Luckily, and few hours later, he was apprehended after a short high-speed chase on the interstate.

It's getting VERY HARD to choose to stop and help strangers these days--too much damn danger in doing so.
edit on 12-1-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Rookseven

Sure you would, and that would work out perfect every time for you.

Enjoy your broken foot afterwards, too.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Awesome. I guess this one act makes up for the people shot last week in Florida. Or the mass shooting be fore that etc...the system works!

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The dude was obviously trying to kill another human being. The dude was psycho. There is no reason to waste resources rehabbing a killer. Once a person crosses that line, then they are fair game.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Great! Good for him! Bad for the bad guy. This is why I carry...and the same reason I hope I never have to draw it. But I wouldnt hesitate to save a life.*

*Something to remember for those who are thinking of joining me and the other millions of legal carriers.

1. Never draw your firearm unless you intend to use it.
2. Never draw your firearm to use it unless you are ready to take a life.
2. Never draw your firearm and take a life unless there is no other way.

Those responsibilities are sobering to we who carry. Good thing the cop is alive today because God put someone there to help at just the right time.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Largest common(ish) handgun caliber that comes to mind would be a Deagle (yeah, I know how to talk jive) in .50, which we'll convert to mm so 12.7mm.

So, if one person is carrying the largest common(ish) caliber handgun, in order for the difference between them to be 9mm, the other guy must be carrying a handgun chambered in... 3.7mm/.14"?

One of these people is clearly a collector of very obscure firearms. There's only about 3 or 4 types of handgun made in sub-4mm calibers, most of which are probably serious collector pieces by now.

This also leads us to consider some points of practicality that suggest your answer may not be correct.

The first, is that it's a fairly piss-poor kind of "gunman" who decides to carry a firearm that would consider a string vest "bulletproof". So, it seems unlikely that a prospective gunman would choose this over the larger firearm.

By the same token, it's an equally piss-poor CCW who would carry a firearm that might, at worst, mildly annoy an attacker, compounded by using a caliber that will be obscure enough to make a steady supply of ammunition for rotation and training difficult to acquire. So, it seems equally unlikely that a CCW would choose this over the larger firearm.

On that basis, I am calling your answer into question. I suspect you may have made it up.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
In a fluid situation, judgement is made really quick, and not always correctly.

This would be my main worry in this sort of thing. I don't want them to say "whoops" posthumously, or maybe sprinkle my dead heroic body with crack to cover up their mistakes.

If you're armed, at the scene where the cop is being attacked, and you don't have on obvious cop gear, YOU are the target, no mistake. You won't get the first word out of your mouth before they start banging away.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

He was just joking around randomly man. But I enjoyed your breakdown of he formula, that was cool. Maybe the 3.7mm/ .14 round is for controlling those damn nuisance guinea pigs. I hear them things can eviscerate an entire seasons crops if left unchecked

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join