It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America dropped 26,171 bombs in 2016

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Trump says he wants to increase our military and make the world respect us again. How do you interpret that?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Trump says he wants to increase our military and make the world respect us again. How do you interpret that?

I do not expect him to lead the country into never ending wars that drone on for decades. It is one thing putting people into a uniform and another to send them to a sand box to fight the boogie man. I will be following his military plans and expected goals with great interest.

RA

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MDpvc

These decisions do not originate with the president, instead they come from certain segments of the Deep State.
edit on 12-1-2017 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Fare question.

I am not sure what Trump will do. On one hand he discusses bombings and a strong military, but on the other hand he criticized Hillary and Obama for nation building.

If Trump becomes a war monger like obama, I will be right there with you criticizing him.

I assume you are critical of Obamas war mongering though, right?

Now here is what we do know. Obama was originally elected largely because people were tired of Bush's neocon expansion and wars. Obama was seen as a man of peace. In turns out, he basically continued Bushs foreign policy to a T.

These war were propagated largely by our establishment intelligence community and the military industrial complex.

Now we also know that the same establishment people HATE Trump. They are also foaming out the mouth about how evil Russia is, both dems and repubs like Graham and Rubio. In fact, Rubio yesterday at Tillersons hearing was going on and on about how much of a war criminal Putin is.

Now we have intelligence briefings with the intel community being leaked to smear trump.

So it seems to me that the message is quite clear to Trump, you will continue the neocon agenda that Clinton, Bush and Obama pushed, or we will destroy you.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: crazyewok
How much does each bomb cost?

How many failing US schools could that have fixed?

Money doesn't fix the problems that are the root of the issue in American education--that's a falsehood that has been spread for far too long.

But I guess that's off-topic, so I'll just leave it there.

Some people seem to think throwing money at the military will fix issues, as well.

Some people seem to think that we need MORE of this.... lol. I'll just leave it there.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
a reply to: MDpvc

These decisions do not originate with the president, instead they come from certain segments of the Deep State.

Shadow government.

Obama is just (was) the spokesman for the MIC.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
the real question is why are we surprised when people from the region we cant seem to stop battering, who grow up to see their sibling with missing arms and dead uncles and aunts, become adults and want to destroy what the west stands for behind the guise of religious beliefs...

weird how Muslims from southern China or Singapore or indonesia arent eager to shoot up local streets or plow through busy streets with Trucks...

when was the last presidency when we didnt drop a bomb in the ME.... thats the better and easier statistic to keep track of.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Given that the average all inclusive air strike costs around 500,000$ - 26,171 airstrikes is 13 billion dollars.

Im not saying 'saving lives' is worth any more or less money, 13 billion on bombs, fuel and intel before costs of military maintenance, is a pretty shocking number.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Just so we're clear, does this mean you're in favor of us stopping the War on Terror? The very next paragraph from your link says:

While most of these air attacks were in Syria and Iraq, US bombs also rained down on people in Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen, Somalia and Pakistan. That’s seven majority-Muslim countries.

Also, how does this stack up against every other year? I find it hard to believe that this is more than when we were deep in the Iraq War or Afghanistan War (or Desert Storm, the Vietnam War, the Latin American and African covert wars during the Cold War, etc).

Just for the record, I'm strongly against our constant wars and the War on Terror in general. I believe it's a fraud that's scapegoating Muslim majority nations to further the regional interests of powerbrokers in the energy and defense industries. I also absolutely loathe Pres Obama's drone programs & the way he's been targeting so many Muslim majority countries. I'm just seeing if we're in agreement here.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I feel like Islamic extremism is a problem, and Isis in particular needs to be dealt with.

However, I feel that there has been an abuse of Islamic countries by this and past administrations. I also think that the US claims to have a moral high ground to fight terrorism, and yet funds and helps terrorists when it suits them.

To me, this bombing story doesn't prove that Obama was worse than say Bush, it just proves he was just as bad.

He was supposed to be the man of peace.

Remember all of the celebrities and people protesting warmonger Bush? Why have they been silent for 8 years?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Are we silent about it or does the media simply not report it?

Because that's the same argument I hear from people who claim that Muslims need to speak out against terrorism, even though we already do. But since media almost never reports it, you have to either be a part of the community to know it or you'll have to do your own searches to find it.

This election cycle should've been the biggest eye opener of all about the media's intentions to only push their own narratives. After all, the truth is always more complex than the 15 second soundbites we're shown.

ETA: So I'll ask you this: Have you ever done your own searches to find celebrity statements against Obama and his programs? Or are you simply relying on the media to report those instances if or when they happen?
edit on 12-1-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

And some don't...I don't know what that has to do with my comment.

At least the military is a constitutionally mandated expenditure--public education is not.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
It's amazing how Liberals never miss chance to get frothy-mouthed over "warmongering neocons" and yet you don't hear a single solitary peep on the news or from Liberals on Obama setting records for bomb dropping.

Because most people are shallow and menial. They choose to remain ignorant, their tax dollars pay for the bombs.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

Democracy Seeds

One bomb, one vote?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

a reply to: RomeByFire

And some don't...I don't know what that has to do with my comment.

At least the military is a constitutionally mandated expenditure--public education is not.

#BombsLivesMatter

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I accepted a long time ago I have to live with war no matter who is in charge. After we didn't learn anything from Viet Nam. That's why americans can't have a nice life.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Grambler: "I am not sure what Trump will do."

What he is up to is sort of confusing ..

On one hand, his first pick for National Security Advisor (according to this article) was Neo-Con War Hawk James Woolsey who was one of the main proponents for the Iraq War.

Donald Trump after blasting Iraq War picks top Iraq hawk as security adviser

The article says "Woolsey went on CNN on Monday and said that he was principally motivated to support Trump because of his plans to expand U.S. military spending."

I don't know if Woolsey is still the pic since I saw another article that named someone else.

On the other hand, he was blasting Boeing and other military-industrial companies for going over budget.

So his stand on war and the military is confusing.

I don't know how anyone will be able to oppose the military industrial complex / super-Deep State and continue to live.

But if what Steve Pieczenik is saying is true and that there was some sort of Coup taking place in the US govt, then it includes military, intelligence and other sectors of the Deep State.

Steve Pieczenik

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

It's not confusing. Just pay attention to his actions instead of his words and you'll see what he's really up to. I've concluded that his words & shenanigans are just distractions because he knows everyone will focus on those distractions.

It's kind of like the movie "Mars Attacks!" where the invading aliens always say nice or peaceful things while killing the humans. lol

edit on 13-1-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join