It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America dropped 26,171 bombs in 2016

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
While everybody is watching whatever else on the news, America is dropping bombs on other countries without anyone knowing about it.

Council on Foreign Relation’s Micah Zenko added up the defense department’s data on airstrikes and made a startling revelation: in 2016 alone, the Obama administration dropped at least 26,171 bombs. This means that every day last year, the US military blasted combatants or civilians overseas with 72 bombs; that’s three bombs every hour, 24 hours a day.

America dropped 26,171 bombs in 2016. What a bloody end to Obama's reign

You hear so much about the unprecedented people who had to flee from Syria due to the war, but almost no coverage on the war itself.

What does not exist on the media does not exist on anyone's minds.

Is this a war on terrorism? Or might it have something to do with expansion and security of Israel?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

does that earn Barry another Nobel Peace Prize or what?

link   

Can nobel get a refund for their peace prize?

link   

But that's how a republic spreads democracy. oh wait...

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Ha, the search function worked! Well, ok no it really didn't but while I did a search I happen to look to my right and seen this as a new thread. Saved me time!

I just read this and it completely baffles me. 3 bombs every hour 24 hours a day...are you f'n kidding me! This alone tells me what an utter failure and quite honestly a despicable man. We are still fighting ISIS & Al Qaeda, what a joke.

We wonder why the people in the Middle East create these groups. They are tired of having bombs dropped on them. Innocent lives being lost every day.

Obama should be charged with War crimes and genocide.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
How much does each bomb cost?

How many failing US schools could that have fixed?
edit on 12-1-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Exactly! We spend trillions of dollars #ing up other peoples #. They say it's to control terrorism but we know that isn't true. We created ISIS whether on purpose or bombing the # out of them until they had enough.

We know it's all about control of the oil fields. God damn this has triggered a nerve in me today!

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
'Bombs' is such an ugly word.

I prefer Freedom Puffs.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
double post
edit on 12-1-2017 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Thunderous ovation...

Don't forget about the millions of rounds of applause:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Just found this article. Not sure how legit it is..

“[The Yinon plan] is an Israeli strategic plan to ensure Israeli regional superiority. It insists and stipulates that Israel must reconfigure its geo-political environment through the balkanization of the surrounding Arab states into smaller and weaker states. Israeli strategists viewed Iraq as their biggest strategic challenge from an Arab state. This is why Iraq was outlined as the centerpiece to the balkanization of the Middle East and the Arab World. In Iraq, on the basis of the concepts of the Yinon Plan, Israeli strategists have called for the division of Iraq into a Kurdish state and two Arab states, one for Shiite Muslims and the other for Sunni Muslims. The first step towards establishing this was a war between Iraq and Iran, which the Yinon Plan discusses. The Atlantic, in 2008, and the U.S. military’s Armed Forces Journal, in 2006, both published widely circulated maps that closely followed the outline of the Yinon Plan. Aside from a divided Iraq, which the Biden Plan also calls for, the Yinon Plan calls for a divided Lebanon, Egypt, and Syria. The partitioning of Iran, Turkey, Somalia, and Pakistan also all fall into line with these views. The Yinon Plan also calls for dissolution in North Africa and forecasts it as starting from Egypt and then spilling over into Sudan, Libya, and the rest of the region.

Greater Israel - The Zionist plan for the Middle East

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

You beat me to posting about this.

If you can, add this Ben Swann video to your OP...it's embedded in two different places, but I don't know how to embed either one since they are not YT videos:
CBS46
Facebook

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I guess that's better than "Explosive Droppings."

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I guess that's better than "Explosive Droppings."

Humanitarian Aid.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Money doesn't fix the problems that are the root of the issue in American education--that's a falsehood that has been spread for far too long.

But I guess that's off-topic, so I'll just leave it there.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

That's not even the right figure either! There was more than that. According to this CRF article I read yesterday, that's the ammount of strikes conducted in a hand full of countries. Each strike more than likely has more than one bomb. It's insanity that people still believe he was good for the world.
From the CFR article
"In President Obama’s last year in office, the United States dropped 26,171 bombs in seven countries. This estimate is undoubtedly low, considering reliable data is only available for airstrikes in Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, and Libya, and a single “strike,” according to the Pentagon’s definition, can involve multiple bombs or munitions. In 2016, the United States dropped 3,027 more bombs—and in one more country, Libya—than in 2015."

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Democracy Seeds

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
It's amazing how Liberals never miss chance to get frothy-mouthed over "warmongering neo-cons" and yet you don't hear a single solitary peep on the news or from Liberals on Obama setting records for bomb dropping.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This situation is what is wrong with the world, where would the US be if it did not keep poking it's nose into other peoples business, and it is not for security or world wide peaceful circle jerks otherwise Little Kim and any number of African dictators would not be in power.

Trillions of dollars wasted, countless lives gone, the US in reality is turning into a cluster f#ck with major social issues and massive debt. How much of it was totally unnecessary?..

I think the next few years will be a massive point in US history, I know Trump is not liked by the regressive left but I certainly would be giving him a chance if I was a US citizen, I honestly cannot see how he could f#ck things up anymore, it may even get to the point that I actually want to visit the US again. As chance would have it my last day spent in the US was the day Obama was confirmed as winning the white house and I have certainly not seen anything in those 8 years that has made me think he has done a good job, far from it in fact...

RA

edit on 12-1-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join