It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We can't let racism erase the legacy of Barack Obama

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

You and I partially agree.

The race baiters have swallowed the hook. They believe what they say but fail to realize it is important only to them. And the useful idiots can't or won't see that keeping us separated and segregated is a powerful and profitable standard procedure for the real owners of the world.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Be a very long time before anyone is as big of failure as obuma as president . His record as worst president in history is secure .

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The only way Obama worked well for all is that he is half black, and half white, so that way everyone could have a reason to like him and everyone could have a reason to not like him.
He is the 4 way intersection of race relations bebetween black and white, and could have done a lot to try to bring them together, but he failed to really even try.
That is his legacy to me.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

No it's the repubs fault, they wouldn't let him get anything done.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

We can't let racism erase the legacy of Barack Obama

President Obama's legacy IS racism.

His identity politics have divided us all into groups and encouraged conflict based on things such as race, gender, sexuality etc.

Obama has celebrated groups that chant to kill cops based off of racial motivations. He has inserted himself into every racial case he could, and in the pattern of hucksters such as Al Sharpton sought to capitalize on continuing racial division for his own benefit.

So I think this author doesn't have to worry about racism ending Obamas legacy. Racists such as this author will continue to drum up racial strife and keep the legacy going strong.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

To what end is Obama and his clones hoping to achieve?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Only thing Obama can claim a legacy to is he is the first half black President we have ever had. With the crappy job he did, he has assured the next black Potus will be a long time down the road...if ever. Time will erase Obama, don't see to many folks out there singing the good things Jimmy Carter did while in office. History will erase Obama.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I'm pretty sure that "racism" is not the original sin of America.

Either slavery or our battles and near genocide of the native Americans (well, at least, those who were here before us...they came from somewhere else at some point, too) would be more equal to our original sin in my opinion. I think that racism is a learned trait that comes from both of those two historical events that I mention.

And lest we forget, it was the Dutch who began the slave trade in America, not the original set of colonists who set sail for here to escape Europe--the Dutch had been trading slaves for quite a while, but I digress.

I think that racism is a result of slavery and the idea of "Manifest Destiny" and not really a cause of it--I see racism as a poor attempt at rationalizing slavery for most people, but after decades of institutionalized slavery and evolving racism (feeling of superiority of white colonists based mostly on skin color), racism did become an engrained aspect of America for a long time (and it still survives today, although to a much, much lesser extent...and will continue to peter out, IMO).

But as for the topic at hand, it is also worthy to note that we should not let a fear of being labeled a racist cause us to sugar coat and falsely elevate the legacy of Obama--it should be praised when an individual feels he did something good, and jeered when he did something considered bad or destructive. A legacy is not an official narrative, it's a subjective conclusion based on many different things, and I for one will not be told what his legacy is; I'll decide for myself.

Solomon Jones can think what he wants, but I'll tell you what, he's failing to look at the big picture on many of the things that he implies or cites as being an accomplishment of Obama's. Philly.com, while I think did a good job by publishing an opinion piece (even if I disagree with it), really should publish something that counters his opinion with facts.

I wish that every media outlet would publish a fact check of every single opinion piece that they publish.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

i dont care what color the dude is i dont like him one freakn bit. i dont like being forced to pay for ins i dont want. i dont like being forced to pay for anything i dont want. the one thing that stands out to me about is terms in office is that, as a poor white man living paycheck to paycheck he screwed me over big time with is afordable health care act.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I'm betting it depends on who your asking.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: luke1212

Ya got insurance on your car? Did you have a choice in whether you do or not?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Nobody built it.

Somebody else built it.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Nope, the ACA is perfect, just ask him. Oh he has medical insurance for life as part of his pension.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I did a thread on this very subject, and for spend 8 years in the WH, it was a surprisingly sparse list of accomplishments.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: synthetichuman
Im no fan of sessions but Obama has no legacy, theres no racism either except from the left, that is ALL they talk about.

It's not true that there is NO racism. It exists.

Dylan Roof and the Chicago Four are living proof that it does, but it does not exist on the pervasive systemic level that these people want to believe that it does, not like they think it does.

There are people who think that if something goes poorly for them and they are not white, things didn't go their way ONLY because they aren't white or if something goes poorly for a white person, that person has no right to complain because it would have been tons worse had they not been white. It's like perpetual pessimism wearing a skin color.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Ya got insurance on your car? Did you have a choice in whether you do or not?

Do you have a choice in owning a car?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Are you sure you're not talking about Shrub and Cheney?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

It's amazing he was able to do anything considering the Greedy Old Parasites and their obstructionist agenda.
Oh well. Now they've got another supermajority--just like they did with Shrub. And look where that got us?
Let's see...terrorist attacks, wars, more wars, loss of liberty, spying on American citizens, trampling the constitution, the great recession, ballooning deficits, etc.

Oh, but Halliburton made a lot of money I guess.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Sad because he is going to sashay out of office and live a nice cushy life as a former president while the rest of us have to work even harder to make up for his grandiose hope and change schemes. The guy has turned out to be a real lemon of a president.

Is it now safe to say I don't support the man without being labeled a racist?
Or is that still a thing?

I can't remember what day it is on the liberal protected class calendar.
Someone please tell me!
Is it blacks, Muslims, LGBT, or trans day?
Can I talk bad about the black president on Thursdays?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Yeah, don't worry. Now if you support the new president, you are also racist. We just can't win.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join