It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We can't let racism erase the legacy of Barack Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Decisive story, if you have a strong will read it. Militant racism goose stepping to revise history.

According to the writer racism must be watched for, Obama dared to look into the future, and Jeff Sessions is a relic of the past. America's original sin is racism and it's painful effects filter through punishing children for the sins of the parents to the third and fourth generations.

The legacies of President Barack Obama and Sen. Jeff Sessions will be endlessly examined in the coming months. But their unusual proximity in this moment is ironic because Obama is a black man who dared to look to the future, and Sessions is a white man who looks to be a relic of the past.

If I have learned anything from watching this moment unfold, it is this: We must remain vigilant on the issue of race. Racism, after all, is America's original sin. Its painful effects filter through the gaps in time, punishing the children for the sins of the parents to the third and fourth generation.
www.philly.com...

Obama did everything super duper right, but according to the writer, he is black. And his achievements must be minimized because of racism.

Obama led us to 75 straight months of job growth. The unemployment rate has dropped by more than half. Over 11 million jobs have been created. And Obama's signature health-care law, the Affordable Care Act, has helped over 20 million Americans gain health insurance.

But Obama is black, and in the face of the kind of racism that has undergirded American society from its inception, those achievements will be minimized. In the minds of many Americans, Obama's achievements must be erased.

Obama's winning the WH awakened the kind of hatred the writer thought was left behind.
Trump is a bigot and has said super bad things about Mexicans, blacks and Muslims.
The writer said he was educated to see the largely white crowds cheer for Trump in the worst racist moments.

Ironically, Obama's ascension to the White House gave them the opportunity to do so because it awakened the kind of hatred we thought we'd left behind.

It has been instructive to hear Trump's bigoted views about Mexicans, blacks and Muslims. It has been enlightening to see him point to refugees and immigrants as the sinister "others" whom white America should fear. It has been educational to watch the passion of the largely-white crowds who cheered him on during his most offensive moments.

+27 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Im no fan of sessions but Obama has no legacy, theres no racism either except from the left, that is ALL they talk about.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: synthetichuman

This may be an attempt to hide how little Obama did in fact get done.

If you mention the fact that most people can't mention anything of substance that was accomplished by Obama then maybe yelling racism will cover that inconvenient fact up.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Americans are so racist that they literally spends hundreds of millions of dollars supporting black artists, musicians, athletes, entertainers, and politicians. Entire cultures, music, and languages develop because of black people and every color of skin supports them 110%. Hell, I even see white people trying to emulate black culture because they want to be so racist.

I know you aren't saying these things, but if America is racist we sure have a backwards way of acting it out.

Not saying there aren't racist people in this country...but it surely isn't anywhere near a majority.
I don't have a clue what this author is on about.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
First presidential election I've witnessed in my life where if you were white and dared to express support of Donald Trump, especially with a bumper sticker or sign in your yard you literally put yourself and your property at risk of violence and vandalism.

It sure seems like part of Obama's legacy should include worsening race relations.

edit on 12-1-2017 by ausername because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The Author is a Tool...

Disagree with a Black Liberal, it's racism

Disagree with a Black Conservative, it's politics

You can't Game a President's Legacy Mr. Obama; you either had the goods or you didn't. You didn't...

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Yep, there you have it. In Democrat controlled parts of America, as far as the MSM, and the Academics and pseudo intellectuals and politicians and their hapless followers, everyday in every way, life in America is all about racism.

Reading this crap will rot your mind. All your doing is spending time in their construct of life and really, its pretty pointless and useless for people who get up in the morning with the idea that they're going out into the world to actually do something.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Unfortunately, the modern left, through academia, the main stream media and online outlets such as Buzzfeed, have so redefined certain terms that they have become utterly meaningless. Primary among these terms are "racism" and "bigotry". The reason for this is that, the demand for genuine racists greatly outstrips the actual supply of racists.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: havok

The story is horse manure.

I have asked on several occasions for a source of Trump's racist statements, I get none.

So can anyone give me a source for Trump's racist statements?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
They can say whatever they want about this so called 'Legacy" but in reality, even most of the stupid people deep down will know that he was the crapiest President in history. People who dislike him are deemed racist, even though there are many legit reasons not to like him based on what he has done, or hasn't done, depending on the discussion and circumstance.

edit on 12-1-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Legacy ?, let me see:

Obama to GW: Mr. President stop this illegal war!
Obama to GW: Mr. President Guantanamo is an embarrassment to America!
Obama to America: If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor!

8 years later.... well you know

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

This clowns brand of racism must be like when you buy a different car, suddenly you notice that car all the time.

I really like the new terms for racism-white privilege and micro racism. At least they are keeping it fresh.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
His legacy is country more divided now than before he had taken power.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: havok

The story is horse manure.

I have asked on several occasions for a source of Trump's racist statements, I get none.

So can anyone give me a source for Trump's racist statements?

Well no, not right now, but... CNN and others said so!

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

Don't forget about these 2 sweethearts:
Add $10,000,000,000,000 of debt
we need to do something about NAFTA

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: synthetichuman

Obama's legacy is one of a puppet liar, who made an ass load of empty promises and never planned to ever follow through.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Barack Obamas only legacy is to nearly destroy the country through arrogance, ginning up racism and unleashing lawless behavior from illegals to anarchists. History will rightly show "President " Obama as an enemy of the state, a stooge of globalist interests and a criminal.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I am coming to believe that engaging it only gives it life. They can't claim to be correct unless some one is paying attention.

The new expressions you mention strike me as an attempt to legitimize their endless hatred for all things white and all white people. In their minds, it justifies the black server or cook spitting into your food before its served at the restaurant, or keying your car in the parking lot.

Its all rot really and all you can do is to avoid it and them. I don't find it the least bit entertaining; I find it very off putting.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The only thing I'll remember Obama for is black privilege. Only Obama would run to the defense of a criminal trying to kill a cop. I'm sure everyone remembers Michael Brown right?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Don't forget that the 2 geniuses, Obama and Hillary the faint, put their collective intellect together and almost got us in a war with Russia.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join