It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM trying to make nice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
tvenbcnews.nbcuni.com...

This is last night's NBC nightly news. They showed factual information and left the speculation at the door.
They offered facts showing the falseness of the garbage released about Trump's compromise and him being told about it in advance.
This is what I sure hope the news moves to emulate. Before you try to discredit anything said, watch the video.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I am so glad I live overseas and do not have to listen to all the grand standing displayed in Washington D.C. by some of the representatives.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I watched the video and considered in to be a good effort at damage control. Which we need at this time.

I stopped at the Tillerman questioning when I heard: "Some of the toughest questioning came from key republican Mario Rubio. When TPTB give Rubio the limelight we know who they are grooming for the next presidential election.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Careful with anything NBC.

They are one of the longest surviving propaganda institutions.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

which is why this report startled me. Facts and truth? WTF?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: sad_eyed_lady

I watched the video and considered in to be a good effort at damage control. Which we need at this time.

I stopped at the Tillerman questioning when I heard: "Some of the toughest questioning came from key republican Mario Rubio. When TPTB give Rubio the limelight we know who they are grooming for the next presidential election.

Rubio is just showing he's a kid with no ability to think on his own. Perhaps in time he will grow up and be a man who can speak without being pumped with talking points. I'm just really glad his ticket wasn't promoted by "them". At least if Trump is another puppet, the show will be interesting to watch.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

NBC -Nothing But Communism
NBC- No Benghazi Coverage

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Establishment media treats Trump more like a voodoo doll so I don't think he is anyone's puppet.
It's still going to be interesting to watch this fight, Trump vs. TPTB.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

which is why this report startled me. Facts and truth? WTF?

They're setting people up for the next fake story and for all the "subliminal" propaganda stories coming.

They have many viewers in a comfort zone.

Old trick actually.

NBC has been doing it since the radio days before TV.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I suppose we will all just have to operate at usual, and apply the critical thought process to their news. It was nice to not have to restrain throwing a perfectly good beer at the TV for a change.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: sad_eyed_lady

Rubio was horrible wasn't he?

How can you ask someone angling to be the face of diplomacy for the country to openly label our biggest adversary a "war criminal"? Don't you think that puts Tillerson in an untenable position from the start?

I think Rubio could have phrased that question a lot better. As it was, he made it unanswerable. How do you answer that?

Can you see those negotiations later on?

Tillerson: Hey, yeah, Vlad, I know I called you a war criminal on national TV and it was all over the press, but really, let's talk about this important treaty and the Ukraine ...

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
So we have a clearly conflicting view to CNN. At this point it is fair to say we do not know how the intelligence agencies are handling this, however one more source to throw into the mix... Israeli intelligence are saying that have been briefed by US officials not to share info with Trump from the 20th as they believe he might be compromised.

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: sad_eyed_lady

Rubio was horrible wasn't he?

How can you ask someone angling to be the face of diplomacy for the country to openly label our biggest adversary a "war criminal"? Don't you think that puts Tillerson in an untenable position from the start?

I think Rubio could have phrased that question a lot better. As it was, he made it unanswerable. How do you answer that?

Can you see those negotiations later on?

Tillerson: Hey, yeah, Vlad, I know I called you a war criminal on national TV and it was all over the press, but really, let's talk about this important treaty and the Ukraine ...

Rubio was an ass. He is blinded by a thirst for war with Russia and Syria. He actually expected Tillerson to label Putin a war criminal before he even takes the SOS job!

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I know.

I get that Russia is an adversary, but on certain things, we may have to make them our frenemy. There are very good ways to get the information Rubio wanted without asking that.

And if the criteria Rubio has for "war criminal" is someone who authorizes bombing runs on radical jihadists and ends up making collateral damage in the process, I would have spit tea through my nose if Tillerson had said:

"If your definition of war criminal is to bomb jihadis and kill civilians in the process, then why haven't you gone after our current sitting president, Senator? Or is it just that you reserve the label for those in rival countries who presume to do what we think nothing of?"

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: UKTruth

I know.

I get that Russia is an adversary, but on certain things, we may have to make them our frenemy. There are very good ways to get the information Rubio wanted without asking that.

And if the criteria Rubio has for "war criminal" is someone who authorizes bombing runs on radical jihadists and ends up making collateral damage in the process, I would have spit tea through my nose if Tillerson had said:

"If your definition of war criminal is to bomb jihadis and kill civilians in the process, then why haven't you gone after our current sitting president, Senator? Or is it just that you reserve the label for those in rival countries who presume to do what we think nothing of?"

Rubio also listed some alleged political assassinations. I would have LMFAO if Tillerson had said something like: 'As with the Clintons, we'll need more proof before we can say for sure Putin is a murderer"

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I don't need a partisan news.

I just want one that stuffs its bias back in the closet so that it merely leaks out instead of pouring through the sieve for all and sundry to see.

Until then, I want everyone to stop criticizing me for imbibing news sources that report as much from my bias as from their own.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
tvenbcnews.nbcuni.com...

This is last night's NBC nightly news. They showed factual information and left the speculation at the door.
They offered facts showing the falseness of the garbage released about Trump's compromise and him being told about it in advance.
This is what I sure hope the news moves to emulate. Before you try to discredit anything said, watch the video.

Funny how that happens when they sense the footsteps all around them.

My bet is you'll see more and more of this.

Many of us are done...and we're coming for the asshats.

We *know* the facts. Hell, we own the facts.

And we *never* come empty handed.

Never.

It's time.

new topics

top topics

join