It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump predicted the fact free Trump supporters

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I'd suggest people look how the right slandered Obama for the past 8 years and sucked it up a little?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
So because emails got leaked that showed the DNC to be a racist and corrupt organization, that makes Trump a corrupt racist? The only people causing a racial divide in the country is BLM and the Democratic party with their white lash comments, mob mentality towards all white Trump supporters, and destruction of their own communities.

Wrong there are plenty of racists hiding in the ALt -Right and Trump used a load of racist language. Where were you? Also do remember that BLM was a response to a series of police events. If the police did not decide to shoot people there would be no BLM.

Have you forgotten the Tea Partiers? Also don't forget the dog whistles like inner city/ Welfare moms/ Hip Hop etc.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

What I would suggest, is to counter the points made with actual debate, facts which back up your position. If your position is that Trump is not an untrustworthy, profiteering, morally defunct, intellectually incapable moron, who has only been voted in because he has lied outright to people willing to believe that he is loyal to anything other than his pocket and his penis, then state your case.

No argument on this point. It is however a two-way street.

But dismissing the arguments against your position, against his eligibility to the role he is about to take, or deflecting and saying "Hillary this" or "Obama that" or trying to derail the conversation without actually ANSWERING the points made, does not do anything for your argument, nor does it create or promote effective discourse.

While I don't disagree with the premise (of ANSWERING the points), I do take pretty strong exception to the notion that the left leaning trump haters would ever indulge in similar discourse and debate.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

This equipment has been sent to the front lines so fast its still in desert camo,it may be all bluff but they have been building the narrative for a while in Poland I would not be surprised if they try something

link   
a reply to: banjobrain

When I first saw him make that remark (in the OP video), I knew we were in for trouble. Not only because it is true (for many leaders have had loyal followers ready to ignore anything that doesn't support the image they are worshipping)
but the fact that he knows it so well.

The need to have to answer to the people, follow upon what is promised, prove themselves through action, is an important part of the role of being a leader. Without it, the leader knows they have no obligations, there are no consequences.
In other words, power with no responsibility.

This is a very sad state of affairs coming. But the people want it and have chosen it. They will be the only ones with consequences. I believe in freedom- even the freedom to choose to self -destruct.

link   

originally posted by: neformore

I'd suggest people look how the right slandered Obama for the past 8 years and sucked it up a little?

No they didn't. Trump never questioned Obama's parentage or his Birth. Trump is way above such demagogic tricks he is an honest and noble man who never ever falls out with all aspects of the government. The right never attcks Obama's wife as being a transvestite!

It was all CGI and more fake news.

Hail Saint Trump.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiger5

I saw that not happening as well!

I also saw claims about death panels, and founding ISIS, and being a muslim manchurian candidate, that he was going to take peoples guns away, that he refused to stand during the national anthem...all kinds of stuff... some people even didn't say he was Kenyan and not fit to be President!

All fake news.

Amazing isn't it?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: banjobrain

I don't think Hill Dog voters would continue to deny something Hill confirmed on tape.

They would never have to deny it...
The conversation would be pushed by every media source , to blame whoever shot the video, or leaked the video and call it a witch hunt for daring to ever criticize the queen.

Her words would get lost in the continuous shuffle of claims of sexism, bigotry, racism, ect.
They have a pretty simple strategy.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

Oh, C'mon, seriously????

Like the left hasn't slandered Bush 10x as much over the same time period???

That's baloney!

The left has made nothing but excuses for Obama at Bush's expense for the past 8 years. I'm no Bush fan by a long shot, but I seiously question if you can make the statement you have with a straight face.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

No one issued the notion that there are not fools on the other side of things using improper tactics. There are.

The idea is to defeat the morons on both sides of the room with logic, leaving only realistic and honest discourse remaining.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

No arguments from me. They did.

And thats' my point.

Y'all (people involved in US "politics") are talking crap. All the time.

Stopping doing that, and figuring stuff out might make America great again.

Carrying on with it...is inviting idiocracy.
edit on 12/1/17 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Of course it is still in desert camo.

What, you think they are going to repaint the thing for an annual training exercise? If that gear was being sent out to go on mission, they WOULD have had the spray job done before they got put on the transports.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
So what a large # of people are saying here with their snowflakes, get a tissues, & wah wah's is this: we're far too stupid to come up with a reasoned, well thought out response, so we'll answer the same way a 13yo on Xbox Live would because that's essentially where we are.

This of course only applies to those people, not those with an actual point which will pop up every now and then.
edit on 12-1-2017 by Rookseven because: I'm a grammar freak

edit on 12-1-2017 by Rookseven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

No argument. So now let's consider the OP in this context. For the sake of brevity my citation will be representative as I'm sure everyone is capable of reading it for themselves...

Donald Trump is proving to be a caustic and truly damaging force for America.

He is not even in office and America is even more divided than it was during the Obama presidency. He is already weighed down by scandal and controversy, Russian hacks, huge debt to Russia and China, Pee-gate and as well as a long list of other things that make him a liability to this country.

Citation? Fact, or any supporting evidence to prove this allegation?

He can be blackmailed, bribed or he can even be tempted to undermine America to advance his own business interests by placing investments, before engineering policy to stimulate those investments.

Again, citation or any supporting evidence of this allegation?

There is a reason why we vet Presidents and determine their financial health and history, and Trump seems to be enabled by his supporters, who have very high expectations, and very low standards.

Trump's supporters seem to be completely disconnected with reality, completely discounting facts and evidence in order to defend Donald Trump at every turn. Not only is the CIA lying, but the; FBI, NSA, DNC, RNC, John McCain, Lindsey Graham, CNN, virtually every major newspaper, many independent news sources, and anyone who has anything potentially negative to say about Donald Trump.

Now this one is pretty interesting on its face. Just one day ago we have seen examples of the exact contrary of this statement...The CIA and CNN have been called out and for the most part proven to be partisan hacks, yet the OP suggests the exact opposite pointing to the delusion of the right. Hmmmm...

The interesting thing is that Trump really predicted this madness and the nature of his supporters very well.

"I could stand in the middle of 5th avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any voters, ok, it's like incredible"

(note: I didn't include the inserted video just to save space)

Okay, so here's an actual citation. But, let's look at it in context; the OP is suggesting this statement points to the blind obedience of Trump followers. Indeed, it is an idiotic statement to make (by Trump). Just as idiotic as Hillary Clinton calling 50% of America a "basket of deplorables", don't you think, yet it didn't seem to affect Hillary voters either. No party is immune from saying stupid stuff (especially while campaigning). Does it make it right? No, but it also doesn't make the voting populace idiots either!

Donald was right. No matter what evidence, facts or logic you can present, the Trump supporters seem to be immune to excepting anything negative about him. The entire government, media, Intelligence community are all lying, and Donald Trump is beyond all criticism because of his supporter's insistence, not because of the truth of the matter.

Citation? Proof...or any supporting evidence of this claim?

I have said it before, and I will say it again; this kind of mass, denial, hypnosis or psychosis is very dangerous for America, or any country for that matter. We know what people will say and believe to defend Trump, but what will they be willing to do or tolerate based upon this blind obedience?

Opinion/conjecture.

I Even after all the steadfast denial from the Trump supporters and the statement below from Donald himself, his supporters are STILL saying Russia had nothing to do with the hacking... 

"I think it was Russia, but I think we also get hacked by other countries and other people," Trump said at his first press conference in 169 days.

(business insider link to above statement)

So after all this banter and arguing, Trump concedes the fact, and his supporters are even more determined to defend his honor, despite a rather plain spoken admission by the man himself.

So the bottom line is this; while I agree with your imploring of posters to deconstruct arguments, here we have an example of no argument at all. What is to deconstruct? Conjecture and unsubstantiated allegations for the most part. A couple of minor citations which prove essentially nothing (in the case of the 1st citation) and a clever misrepresentation in the 2nd citation. Notice Trump did NOT say the Russians affected the outcome of the election (which is what the OP would like to have people believe), and this is the whole theme from the left. So this last citation is really just an obfuscation of what was actually being said.

Finally, what is there to deconstruct???

edit on 1/12/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: paragraph spacing and BB code edits

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

And these comments should be directed at the poster who actually issued the content you are responding to. As for what is to deconstruct there, actually, you did a fantastic job there, and if you were addressing your counterpart in the discussion, then you would have been making precisely the sort of argument which promotes proper debate, and stifles witless prattle.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

And these comments should be directed at the poster who actually issued the content you are responding to.

Agreed, but it was an unusual response. It was actually a response to your points using the OP as the example rebuttal. I did not mean to infer you made those statements, but due to the limitations here on ATS for indented quotes it was the only way I could see to do it. My responses apply to the OP, and as a response to your suggestions these arguments should be fully deconstructed. Hence my response and format.

As for what is to deconstruct there, actually, you did a fantastic job there, and if you were addressing your counterpart in the discussion, then you would have been making precisely the sort of argument which promotes proper debate, and stifles witless prattle.

Again, my apologies; it was not at all my intention to make it appear you made the statements I quoted. I fully recognize you did not make those statements (just to be clear).

I guess my point was; a full deconstruction like that takes time and effort. Fully 80% of some of the nonsensical impassioned political posts on here have little in the way of the level of detail you speak of, and would not respond in similar detail either.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
It's alright everyone. Remember this summer when he was going to make TNN (Trump News Network)? When he finally gets it up and running we'll have only the facts as he see's fit. There won't be any of this stuff where we have blind followers because we'll all only get information from one source. I'm sure it will be all good so we can all play nice in that fantasy world of his.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: napayshni57

Further to my point, TB.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I believe it is necessary to deconstruct a point, even if it is empty. For example, consider a cardboard grandfather clock. It looks like crap from the outside, but eventually there is going to be someone out there putting cardboard gears and cogs into it, and only by opening it up, are you going to be able to show everyone the extent of the fraud it represents. Look at these teeth! They do not mesh! This movement? It does not move! What then is the point in the edifice itself but to confuse and distract?

The same can be said of poor arguments. Dissecting them may take time, and involve applying reason to unreasonable behaviour, but it clearly demonstrates the lack of quality for all to see. What you have to remember is that YOU can see the wood for the trees, but there may be people coming here just to read, or people new to the site in general, who cannot yet identify the ash amongst the yew, and so to ensure that bias, cognitive dissonance and logical fallacy do not get taken up by others, or at least to ensure that if they are, it is out of deliberate, wilful ignorance, it is necessary to dissect these things despite being sure they have no merit.

This applies to all of us. If we are all prepared to be honest about the issues, treat fallacy like a thing to be autopsied, to establish the cause and the root for all to see, to bring to light that which lay beneath the rotten flesh of bias, then the quality of discourse cannot help but improve. I know its tiring, God help me I know. The quality of discussion on nearly every topic has PLUMMETED during this last round of elections, such that it has been tempting at times to take a few months off. But the fact is that unless we have the resolve, whether leaning left or right, to tackle those who refuse to engage in the subject matter honestly and realistically, we will be contributing to a failure of communication which will eventually render not only the process of discourse, but the language we use to establish it, dead, defunct, beyond use.

This CANNOT be the way things wind up. We must have firmer resolve than that. Unflinching, tireless, and ageless preparedness to confront lazy, or poor discourse is ESSENTIAL to keeping standards high. If people cannot get away with it without having their idiocy put on display like a corpse at the city gates, they will either have to learn how to do things properly, or look like fools. Its worth the effort therefore, no matter how tiresome it might become.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: banjobrain

Decrying Trump supporters as fact-free while building your accusation on a base of shifting sands is absurd. For instance how do you straighten out something this crooked?

He is not even in office and America is even more divided than it was during the Obama presidency.

It has been and still is Obama's presidency since 2009.

And the evidence for these accusations?

He can be blackmailed, bribed or he can even be tempted to undermine America to advance his own business interests by placing investments, before engineering policy to stimulate those investments.

All fact-free.

As for his statement about how he could someone, he was an analogy about how much he was loved, not about his fact-free followers. Then again, one cannot explain figurative language to a literal mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join