It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My letter to a CNN advertiser, Trivago

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

An 'eff you' letter is not going to get a reply. I message couched in a manner that shows you are a loyal customer who is genuinely upset but willing to remain if certain issues resolved most likely will get a reply.

Im sure Ill get a reply, "sorry to see you go"," your feedback is appreciated", "we value your custom" etc etc BS BS
Im not interested in a negotiation and it would get me nowhere.

It was a series of very poor service-related issues. The president of PepsiCo handled them directly. They were all resolved the next week and we were reimbursed for any out of pocket expenses.

From this I can only assume you were some sort of supplier or distributor?
I doubt very much if someone who was just a regular Pepsi drinker would under any circumstances get a response from the CEO.
In my Trivago protest Im just a Pepsi drinker, its going to take alot of us Pepsi drinkers to make a difference

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Im not interested in a negotiation and it would get me nowhere.

How can you assume that it would have gotten you nowhere if you did not even try?

From this I can only assume you were some sort of supplier or distributor?
I doubt very much if someone who was just a regular Pepsi drinker would under any circumstances get a response from the CEO.
In my Trivago protest Im just a Pepsi drinker, its going to take alot of us Pepsi drinkers to make a difference

We had Pepsi products at one of our restaurants but I would think ANY letter written to him would have gotten a reply since so few people actually do this genuinely looking for a mutually amicable resolution.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The amicable resolution in this case is they withdraw millions of dollars of obviously profitable advertising to appease 1 customer who spends a few thousand $ (resulting in a couple hundred $ of actual revenue).

Im an optomistic guy but even I can see an exercise in futility when its before me hahaha

They get a few 1000 like me and its a different story, long drawn out discussions are irrelevant

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
The amicable resolution in this case is they withdraw millions of dollars of obviously profitable advertising to appease 1 customer who spends a few thousand $ (resulting in a couple hundred $ of actual revenue).

Im an optomistic guy but even I can see an exercise in futility when its before me hahaha

They get a few 1000 like me and its a different story, long drawn out discussions are irrelevant

That is why you CC other people/organizations. Put another news outlet on there or a travel group.

I actually ended up with calls from other people than the president because they wanted to follow up since they were all CC'd too. And before you think this is the only time I got this type of reaction from a company, it was not.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Fun and adventure using an app?
Fun and adventure is turning up at a place with no links and paying less for the same accommodation that others booked on an app.
You've never 'really' travelled if you rely on your phone.

Oh come off it.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Come off what?
If you disagree then challenge me with more than 4 words at least, this ain't Facebook.
Millennial much?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Come off what?
If you disagree then challenge me with more than 4 words at least, this ain't Facebook.
Millennial much?

Fair enough. Your assumption about to which generation I belong is way off, by the way.

Everyone is different in what constitutes "adventure" for them. This whole "you're not having an adventure if you're using your phone" business is just pretentious and assumptive. People can and do still get into all kinds of crazy adventures on travel with the assistance of a phone. I've had some crazy adventures in Mexico, the Bahamas, and Grand Turk all with the help of my phone. One can find out some crazy alternatives to conventional activities with the help of their phones in these places, that otherwise may not be discovered.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Of course adventure is subjective, a child exploring a fully health and safety approved play place is experiencing adventure for sure.
And yes I do consider travelling with a full signal smart phone, maps n apps as much less of an adventure.

It is merely a safe vacation in my mind, but if you find organised well regulated travelling exciting then I'm pleased for you.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
...and on topic, to the OP I say you are correct, if a major percentage of the company's customers do the same as you then they will switch advertising elsewhere.
That's basic business.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
It would be interesting to see how many ATS members are engaged in personal boycotts and what companies are affected. Might make for a good read.

We've ceased buying any Kelloggs products due to their support of George Soros.
Hasn't effected us negatively in any way...Plenty of alternatives available.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Of course adventure is subjective, a child exploring a fully health and safety approved play place is experiencing adventure for sure.
And yes I do consider travelling with a full signal smart phone, maps n apps as much less of an adventure.

It is merely a safe vacation in my mind, but if you find organised well regulated travelling exciting then I'm pleased for you.

That's what I'm saying- there's nothing organized or regulated about the travelling adventures I've had, despite the use of a phone.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Yea, something changed for me in my mid twenties and I gave up on cereals all together. They began causing me great discomfort. Had that not happened, I would have been with you on that one.

Did you make the thread about that ordeal? Seems like I remember seeing here, but might have been another of my haunts.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh

Yea, something changed for me in my mid twenties and I gave up on cereals all together. They began causing me great discomfort. Had that not happened, I would have been with you on that one.

Did you make the thread about that ordeal? Seems like I remember seeing here, but might have been another of my haunts.

There was THIS thread about Kelloggs:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Aside from the well-known fact that Soros is evil personified...my own investigations had revealed that Soros owns Palm oil plantations which have been known to utilize child slavery...and that Kelloggs buys that product from them.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Sorry I went tangental there. It's a bad habit that I'm surprised I doesn't erase more posts.

I've been using TripAdvisor for the last year and a half or so. It really hasn't steered me wrong. Can't say that I've ever used it internationally.

Using it here in the states though has been helpful. The reviews are relatively accurate, and the occasional unexpected benefit is nice.

Don't really know how you like to travel, so I can't say if it would be useful for ya.

Hope you don't tell me that they are sponsors as well.
edit on 12-1-2017 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Same goes for cocoa harvesting.

I think that's why the production/procurement constantly changes hands while the finished product brands generally stay the same. This goes for so many raw agricultural resources.

Procurement abuses the hell out of virtually everybody involved in the procedure.

It's a hole you don't want to explore.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Maybe you are being too hard on Trivago. It makes sense to advertise travel options to people who promised to leave the country after the election. It's just good business sense. Think of it this way, they are performing a public service.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

Maybe you are being too hard on Trivago. It makes sense to advertise travel options to people who promised to leave the country after the election. It's just good business sense. Think of it this way, they are performing a public service.

Considering CNN is mandatory viewing in every airport I've ever been in, Trivago is smart to advertise with CNN.
They probably won't stop...no matter how much more 'FAKE' it continues to become.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
some years ago there was a boycott of companies who advertised on the Rush Limbaugh show, many of the advertisers claimed that they had no control over where their ads were placed.
They said that their advertising was handled by an ad agency that would bundle ads from different companies and sell the whole bundle to various media outlets.
They said that their contract with the ad agencies gives the agency the right to bundle and sell their ad to whoever they want and the company doesn`t have the choice of where their ads are sold.

All that may be true or it may be the companies way of passing the buck.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Id say that in terms of time slots that would be correct but a company the size of Trivago would definitely have control over the network they advertise on if not the timeslot.

I got a reply from them today, it told me they appreciated my feedback and they would reply withing 48 hrs

top topics

<< 1   >>

join