It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a dumbing down of music

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: supermilkman

I'm ex-Army too, and our military's actions do get out of hand, but you wrote this thread about music and the quality content. Not the military and its missteps. Now you just seem to be posting whatever topics you think are important to you. I for one don't care about how the Giza Pyramids were constructed (in the context of this thread). If you want to talk about these things, you need to make separate threads about them.

Should I just go back to posting youtube videos in this thread since you refuse to take your own thread serious and stay on topic?

edit on 17-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I think a few pages back you mentioned Children of The Corn - Stephen King

This is going classical as we speak

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Opera is boring, rap music is just crap, especially the slow boring ones where they seem to just whinge about life etc. Nothing beats a good pop, rock song with a good chorus. Then again it depends on your era and what you like.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Did you not read the wikipedia? Classical order music is based off of architectural order/structure that you see in cathedrals.

Have you seen Koyannisqatsi? Life in disorder. A way of life that calls for another way of living.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: supermilkman
There is still good music being produced but what I mean is.....

Skrillex

That is not music. That is garbage. There seems to not only be a decay in musical talent but even moral degradation with a lot of the latest acts.

There is still good music in the world but much of it really isn't music despite being popular. A lot of it is disharmonious and chaotic which shouldn't be pleasant to the ear.

Say...I maybe mistaken..but isn't that the same

Pipe organ in bid 1 that john Paul Jones played in

The led zeppelin movie ...the song remains the same...?

Anyways...I am curious then sire about your musical comprehension and possibly even musical abilities...so I present to you one of many electronic based dittys I produces some years back....I programmed and synthed all of it based around the cartoon characters from Looney tunes.

I am a well skilled musician of many instruments...as well as producer|engineer....not some silly kid in his home studio beat making with ableton and sample packs...

Cockos reaper the most powerful daw around.

So I am curious if you would say the same for this here that I present for your pleasu.

Click link then click play..

nutty as a fruitcake

SoUNDCLOUD.COM/rubbleditch

This project /songs on this particular sound cloud of mine is all based around looneytunez....
I have others...more analog
edit on 31-1-2017 by Faeded because: Did not insert link right

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
What happened is the corporate takeover of music and radio.

Only those artists supported by big interests ever see the light of day, on the radio and everywhere else.

Back in the days, DJ's played what they want, and they played what they liked.

Now, all the radio stations have been bought by one or two companies like iheart and play all the same painful crap.

It has killed musical culture all over the world.
edit on 31-1-2017 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I love bucket head...claypool..scatterbrain..we all grew up in the same town..same scene..same time

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join