It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Press Conference

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
The people that were clapping and cheering for Trump were his staffers that were planted in the press to make it sound like he had legit points. Trump is a douche of epic proportions.

talkingpointsmemo.com...

originally posted by: veracity
Can we please talk about this press conference. Anyone else find it hilarious that people were clapping and yelling "yeahs" during the conference?

WTF?

Seems to be a rightwinger thing.
Here in germany they bring their own crowd for cheering and applauding to political TV talkshows. So at least the one or two paid henchmen applaud for them and their crude nazi opinions.

From a German perspective all american politicians are right wingers, though

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Apparently no one listened to the press conference, for instance in regards to the Trump Organization, Obama care, the wall, but focused on banalities such as cheering staff and CNN, making them mere fodder for yellow journalism.

Not saying I didn't listen to the whole sorry thing, please...only 1 cringe-worthy topic at a time.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

What was there to listen to?

"I'm really great at running my yuge company. My company is terrific and worldwide. Look at all these folders here. They represent my yuge company. I'm totally awesome at it, by the way. Obama care is horrible, but you're gonna be so proud at how wonderful my replacement healthcare is gonna be. Seriously, it's gonna be so great, you'll love it - trust me. The wall is going to be yuge, I can't wait til my deal with Mexico is done, so we're gonna pay for it, but trust me, Mexico will pay..."

Talk about banalities...

Oh, and apparently they also spoke of his voice and way of speaking, but that's not just banal, it's superficial.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I think it is hilarious how trump has to deal with the same tactic used against Hillary. I hope he has some good geriatric meds for stress. The famous Washington leaks alone are making him froth.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
The people that were clapping and cheering for Trump were his staffers that were planted in the press to make it sound like he had legit points. Trump is a douche of epic proportions.

talkingpointsmemo.com...

originally posted by: veracity
Can we please talk about this press conference. Anyone else find it hilarious that people were clapping and yelling "yeahs" during the conference?

WTF?

Do you have any proof of this?
Anything at all except your disbelief due to MSM brainwashing that people strongly agree with what he was saying?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Nothing superficial about quoting the man. You would prefer I paraphrase using proper grammar and syntax instead? How disingenuous.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I thought it was awesome, calling out that rude sexist CNN crybaby , that reporter tried to talk over a female because he thought being a man made him louder and more important WHILE HE CRIED AND WHINED, Trump really put him in his place. I loved it ! Now he just needs to call out MSNBC.
edit on 12-1-2017 by synthetichuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Apparently no one listened to the press conference, for instance in regards to the Trump Organization, Obama care, the wall, but focused on banalities such as cheering staff and CNN, making them mere fodder for yellow journalism.

He said he would turn his business interests over to his two sons. This does not solve his conflicts of interest. He said he would repeal and replace the ACA on the same day. He did not say how he would accomplish something his own party has been unable to do in eight years. He admitted the Russians were probably responsible for the DNC hack and he accused CNN of being "fake." He needed a cheering section because he does not know the difference between a press conference, which is intended to persuade and inform, and a rally. Intelligent people are still in shock that this clown not only won the election, but is still in denial of the responsibility he has taken on.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Nothing superficial about quoting the man. You would prefer I paraphrase using proper grammar and syntax instead? How disingenuous.

You didn't quote the man, for instance, he didn't say "huge" (or in your words "yuge", which is a tired joke ripped from...well, everywhere) throughout the entire press conference. How dishonest.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
If it's a big deal to you guys that's fine. I don't see one. If his staff is overzealous kudos to them. I'm sure real support is in short supply.

I think the issue is that the staff were put there specifically to provide a "cheering section," which makes sense because Donald is a TV guy. It's the same reason sitcoms use a laugh track -- the jokes aren't that funny, so the audience needs to be told when to laugh. Plus, laughter is contagious.

From this point forward, Press conferences will be like the Jerry Springer Show. I predict people will watch them in record numbers.
edit on 12-1-2017 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

He said he would turn his business interests over to his two sons. This does not solve his conflicts of interest. He said he would repeal and replace the ACA on the same day. He did not say how he would accomplish something his own party has been unable to do in eight years. He admitted the Russians were probably responsible for the DNC hack and he accused CNN of being "fake." He needed a cheering section because he does not know the difference between a press conference, which is intended to persuade and inform, and a rally. Intelligent people are still in shock that this clown not only won the election, but is still in denial of the responsibility he has taken on.

Intelligent people often refer to themselves as intelligent people, and others as clowns.

And what of the remarks of attourny Sheri Dillon? She's that intelligent person from Washington who outlined where Trump's organization is going, and sheexplained how she and her firm took all legal steps to make it clear that he and Pence are not exploiting the office of the presidency for his personal benefit. As a fellow intelligent person, would you care to remark on how she was wrong?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

This is the way the man speaks. Why are you trying to hide it?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

You didn't quote the man, for instance, he didn't say "huge" (or in your words "yuge", which is a tired joke ripped from...well, everywhere) throughout the entire press conference. How dishonest.

Off subject...it's not a tired joke, it's just really how he says it. Nothing demeaning in pointing it out.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

It's just the New York accent. Bernie says "yuge" too, and I love Bernie.

Les Mis is just deflecting from the real point of my post, which was that Trump had nothing of real substance to say in regards to the wall, Obamacare, or his "yuge" business dealings. It was all bravado and braggadociousness.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

This is the way the man speaks. Why are you trying to hide it?

I'm not trying to hide it. I'm just pointing out, as I already said, that it is superficial, not to mention shallow. It's a reactionary response to someone that is fitting of bullies.

Les Mis is just deflecting from the real point of my post, which was that Trump had nothing of real substance to say in regards to the wall, Obamacare, or his "yuge" business dealings. It was all bravado and braggadociousness.

Yet you didn't quote him. You had no point to deflect from. You made superficial and shallow imitations of him, deflecting from my point.
edit on 12-1-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

cherry picking again? Thats what you guys are best at.

Look, anyone can easily search what he said, its burned in my memory how idiotic he was, however, to just paraphrase such as Kayla did is much more preferred over quoting each and every sentence.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I most certainly did have a point. Trump was all flash and no substance, just as he usually is in public. There was nothing of substance to comment on. It was nothing but vague self-promotion of how great he is and how great everything is going to be.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Look, anyone can easily search what he said, its burned in my memory how idiotic he was, however, to just paraphrase such as Kayla did is much more preferred over quoting each and every sentence.

Cherry picking what? "You guys" are blaming me for things with which you are guilty, for instance deflecting and now cherry picking. Projection is exactly what you guys are best at.

Of course you wouldn't mention the solutions provided by Mr Trump to the points I made earlier, only how he spoke and talked about them, to which you immediately deflected. Like I said, superficial and shallow.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Cherry picking what? "You guys" are blaming me for things with which you are guilty,

It's and old and tired trick they keep rekindling.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Cherry picking what? "You guys" are blaming me for things with which you are guilty, for instance deflecting and now cherry picking. Projection is exactly what you guys are best at.

Of course you wouldn't mention the solutions provided by Mr Trump to the points I made earlier, only how he spoke and talked about them, to which you immediately deflected. Like I said, superficial and shallow.

Sigh...

Au contraire

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join