It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists have found a drug that regenerates teeth, and it could reduce the need for fillings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I suppose they will need to re task and find a use for rather a few drugs associated with the treatment of Alzheimer’s considering there is now a workable LED treatment associated with the condition that can reduce some of the issues associated with the disease by around 50%.

One has to wonder however whether or not any new teeth that are grown via use of this product will come in properly or form correctly?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Coming from China, you might get toes growing in your mouth.a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
Forget teeth...where is the Hair regrow.!!!

They've already invented that, It only came in wirey Ginger....Couldn't give it away.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Yes having bad genetics on teeth I was onto this one too. I saw on sm yesterday how they are using this technology to repair ACL as well! Very awesome if it pans out.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

LOL funny fuuny funnny

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
This is interesting...
But a couple scientists from the university of Alberta are a couple years into research for stimulating growth of new teeth altogether with ultra sound...
And for those wondering what about hair? Well it seems the same research is branching off to re grow hair also...

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Ask Trump. He has a head full. So much he has to swoop it over.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I suppose they will need to re task and find a use for rather a few drugs associated with the treatment of Alzheimer’s considering there is now a workable LED treatment associated with the condition that can reduce some of the issues associated with the disease by around 50%.

One has to wonder however whether or not any new teeth that are grown via use of this product will come in properly or form correctly?

Because stem cells automatically shut off after they complete their task. I imagine each shot only activates them for a short while.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Being on blood thinners, I had to break down and buy an electric razor so as not to slice my face open and bleed to death. During the cold months since my face is dry, I use a shaving oil called "Shave Secret" Shave Secret and I buy it at Wal Mart for about 4 bucks. I have native American ancestry and I don't have much hair on my face, but I'll be damned if this stuff don't grow it quickly and back thicker. I haven't tried it on my head as I still have a thick head of hair, but, I have been placing a few drops in my right ear every night and I have noticed a significant reduction in my tinnitus, YMMV. Tinnitus is caused, supposedly, by the reduction of small hairs in you inner ear. The oil gets in there somehow. Heck, its cheap enough to try once, don't you think?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Humm, this thread really hits home for me. When I was a young teenager our family dentist was going to fill some cavities that he had seen on xrays a few months before. He decided to take another xray and told me that they had healed themselves. He was amazed and said he never had seen that before.

Now later in life, I haven't had a cavity for about 20 years (did have some in my 30's) and kind of feel like whatever is in my DNA that grew the tooth material back when I was young is still doing its thing. I'm definitely not an obsessive cleaner and rarely floss so its not due to excellent care of my teeth and I do have a sweet tooth and eat more candy than I should. I also have some other medical oddities that have endocrinologists scratching their heads. Perhaps they are related. Its not all good and I'll likely not reach the median life expectancy, but a side effect is this teeth growing thing, which is nice.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Fingers crossed.
JOSH HRALA
10 JAN 2017

Researchers have identified a drug that can regenerate teeth from the inside out, possibly reducing the need for artificial fillings.

The drug was previously used in Alzheimer’s clinical trials, and it now appears to improve the tooth’s natural ability to heal itself. It works by activating stem cells inside the tooth's pulp centre, prompting the damaged area to regenerate the hard dentin material that makes up the majority of a tooth.

www.sciencealert.com...

If clinical trials go as expected, it seems that the Alzheimer's drug Tideglusib, which is not an expensive drug, could stimulate stem cells inside our teeth and cause them to regenerate themselves without any need for inert fillings.

I wonder how soon this would be implemented after the human trials. If the results are positive of course.

That would be a fantastic 2 for 1 drug.

Too late for me tho.

Would this put a lot of dentists out of business?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInitial

I'll bet the company that makes amalgam for fillings is not particularly pleased.

If i were them, i'd be moving into producing this drug as a sideline at least.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight

Being on blood thinners, I had to break down and buy an electric razor so as not to slice my face open and bleed to death. During the cold months since my face is dry, I use a shaving oil called "Shave Secret" Shave Secret and I buy it at Wal Mart for about 4 bucks. I have native American ancestry and I don't have much hair on my face, but I'll be damned if this stuff don't grow it quickly and back thicker. I haven't tried it on my head as I still have a thick head of hair, but, I have been placing a few drops in my right ear every night and I have noticed a significant reduction in my tinnitus, YMMV. Tinnitus is caused, supposedly, by the reduction of small hairs in you inner ear. The oil gets in there somehow. Heck, its cheap enough to try once, don't you think?

You're not helping my paranoia mate...your theory above is almost an exact same theory i have about shaving cream / shaving foam.

What do corporations, which make shaving foam and creams have in common?

They all tend to produce razors / razor blades for shaving / electric shavers...basically, all things shaving or hair removal orientated..right?

OK..imagine you had stumbled upon an ingredient or series of ingredients, that caused the stem cells in hair follicles to reanimate them once they had given up...say in male pattern baldness, or alopecia.

Where would the money be the biggest? Most people would say, the real money would be where there is baldness and curing that would make the discoverer billions...quite true.

In the USA alone, there's is about 10% of all Men that are bald or balding...some Women too, but mostly it's Men...about 35 Million Men could be potential customers of this 'miracle hair restorer'...this would indeed make the inventor an absolute fortune, but is that where the real money is?

I don't think so...i think there would be MUCH more money to be made, if that miracle hair growing ingredient was secretly added to...shaving creams and foams!

Think about it...when we slaver our faces in shaving foam, it tends to get up your nose, and into our ears...and not too long afterwards, hair starts sprouting out of our noses and ears, and our stubble seems to grow at an accelerated rate too!

Imagine the extra blades and shavers and all the rest of it, including the foams and creams themselves that would be sold all over the world, if the foam contained an ingredient that caused hair to regrow and sprout out of places it got into, noses and ears and so on...hundreds of billions would be made, much more than as a hair restorer product i think.

Any bald men reading this who'd like to try an experiment?

You know where i'm going with this i bet!

Slap it all over your bald spot (or whole head if you're really bald!) leave it on for 15 - 30 minutes and rinse off...do this every day for a month...it *might* cause your scalp to start regenerating it's hair follicles, you never know!

At the least, it can't hurt.

Who's up for a try?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Well hopefully or you may end up with a mouth full of more teeth than you bargained for. End up looking like Andie MacDowell. LoL

Suppose it will bring new adult understanding to the pain associated with teething.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Is there any side effects? I just hope when it comes out there isn't a 5 second commercial for the product followed by 25 seconds of warnings and side effects.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I'm sure the new planet of the apes films started because of Alzheimer’s disease medical trails lol,
Still very interesting so the treatment works on each tooth or the entire mouth ? Like someone above says about wisdom teeth coming back I wouldn't like that.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join