It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I stand to lose my job because of Trump

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: underwerks

I've met plenty of those people in the industry, and worked on their 'farms.'

It's not all goody-goody. Stop the delusions dude.

Who ever said it was "goody goody"? Its an industry. There's no industry on earth that's goody goody because people form the basis of every industry, and people are doucebags given the chance.

What does that have to do with the legitimacy of the cannabis industry? If anything it shows its the same as any other.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Hm I suppose. Well put.

So will you thank Trump if you don't lose your job?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Well I agree with you regarding States Rights. But let's be honest, it's retail. I have a friend that is the manager of a huge pot shop out my way and I know how that works. Retail/Amateur holistic medial practitioner etc. Whatever you want to tell yourself.

For crying out loud, he hasn't even been inaugurated yet...Don't you think it's a little too early to say the sky is falling?

However, even if it did fall(and it'd be a shame), then gram prices will fall as the competitive free market has it's effects and there will be just as much weed on the street as there was when it was legal. You didn't go to jail for a plant then, did you? Don't be afraid.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: TDawg61
Isn't this OP who made clickbait with" Trump supporters " trying to kill me!.Ffs,stfu

How is this clickbait? We've been talking about this since yesterday. I face a very real threat to my ability to put food on my table if Trumps appointments have their way with their archaic ideas.

If you have a reason why I shouldn't be worried about this besides "just trust Trump" I'm all ears.

As the man hasn't even taken office yet,established any policy to"Take food off your table",I ask again,wtf are you and your hysterical,surreal CLICKBAIT threads have to do with reality?

If you worked for Smith & Wesson and Obama appointed a man to oversee gun control laws that said in the past, "gun owners are bad people" and said he'd enforce archaic laws that are on the books to criminalize gun owners, would you not say anything?

You'd just give Obama the benefit of the doubt, right?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Hm I suppose. Well put.

So will you thank Trump if you don't lose your job?

If nothing happens and Sessions is reigned in by Trump, I will say that.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: slowisfast

You work retail, correct? I mean, that's basically what working at a pot shop is. Hourly workers->Supervisors->Management.

While not for shutting down the industry(even as a non-smoker) if, heaven forbid it was, your retail skills should easily transfer to a new retail position. So good news!

Anyways,

Pick a strain that will settle that paranoia, it'll never happen.

Amongst other things. But that's not the totality of the issue. To me its more about the government having the option to lock me in a cage now for having a plant in my pocket. And everyone that supports that.

Our leadership is basically saying to hell with states rights. If Sessions enforces his ideas on the laws already on the books, the Trump administration will be going completely against the will of the people.

And a lot of people don't see a problem with that.

Sorry to keep on you, but come on. Obama also had weed be a federal crime. So the idea that somehow Trump is going to put you in a cage is a bit hyperbolic don't you think?

And states rights? I love this argument, because I truly believe in states rights.

Did you agree with Arizonas state right to have stricter immigration laws? Do you agree with North Carolinas state right to have a transgender bathroom law?

Do you agree that each state should have the right to deny accepting refugees?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

I foresee many good people losing thier jobs, green companies such as solar and wind power will lose funding, planned parenthood will lose funding, also researchers on climate control will be some of the first to be out of jobs. I also foresee cuts to NASA, teachers and other governments workers.

But we will have a useless wall, right?

www.facebook.com...

PP is not doing the nation a service other than to justify (in many people's minds) the murder of millions of babies while profiting from it. We NEED better science on that issue before we can definitively decide when human life actually begins. We don't have that, so it's SUPER risky to just assume it's "ok" to abort babies at 6 months, or 5 months etc. There HAS to be an agreed upon conclusion with a backed up scientific consensus on the issue (NOT for profit) before any decisions on that matter can be made in order to put it to rest once and for all.

As for "climate control", it has been shown time and time again that this issue is big business. The very thing the left complains about day in, day out. Big profits are happening in the name of this theoretical "science", while pushing public guilt worldwide, that it involves the mistakes of man-kind. Again we need definitive proof, as we don't have it.
We ONLY have theoretical "proof" funded by those who intend to profit from it, and that is NOT "science".

I happen to agree with the OP in the case of MJ, as there are no proven cases where it causes more crime, more deaths, etc than legal alcohol. Prohibition does not work, we agree there. I need to point these other issues out to you however, it's not as simple as the common sense behind the legalization of MJ.
edit on 12-1-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

green companies such as solar and wind power will lose funding

If wind and solar are so wonderful, why is it that they have to have government funding to survive?

"Build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a path to your door."

"Build a worse mousetrap and and you have to beg for the government to pay for it."

TheRedneck

edit on 1/11/2017 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I see you are not an expert in science, ethics or climate control. I say "science" bc your use of the term "definite proof".

It's ok to state your opinion, but to think there is no proof or any "definite proof" on anything is...fake news (sorry had to misuse the term just like Don and other Trumptopians do).

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
EABD

edit on 11-1-2017 by banjobrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: banjobrain
EABD

Lol.

Nice fail, loser.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

green companies such as solar and wind power will lose funding

If wind and solar are so wonderful, why is it that they have to have government funding to survive?

"Build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a path to your door."

"Build a worse mousetrap and and you have to beg for the government to pay for it."

TheRedneck

If petroleum is so wonderful, why will you die if lock yourself in the garage with a running car?

Do you guys like giving your money to billionaires BTW?

"I, MUST, GIVE, EXXON, MY, INCOME!"

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: banjobrain

I liked what you said, wish you didn't delete it.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Show your proof then, and provide examples of how it isn't for profit or funded by leftist supporters. I would challenge you to look at the COUNTER proof also involving scientists who are not seeking profit or political gain. Try doing this WITHOUT your partisan ideology. I think you may find that way more difficult than you realize. Once you've already made up your mind concerning where you stand politically, it can be a VERY hard thing to be objective in the truest sense.
edit on 11-1-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

If petroleum is so wonderful, why will you die if lock yourself in the garage with a running car?

Oh man keep going you killing me with your knowledge.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Mods are all conservative, be nice, remember the constitution, #atsisnotanechochamber
edit on 12-1-2017 by banjobrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I'm sure, that if a climate change denier really wanted to...they could easily cherry pick and find twisted "facts" to fit thier propaganda.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: slowisfast

You work retail, correct? I mean, that's basically what working at a pot shop is. Hourly workers->Supervisors->Management.

While not for shutting down the industry(even as a non-smoker) if, heaven forbid it was, your retail skills should easily transfer to a new retail position. So good news!

Anyways,

Pick a strain that will settle that paranoia, it'll never happen.

Amongst other things. But that's not the totality of the issue. To me its more about the government having the option to lock me in a cage now for having a plant in my pocket. And everyone that supports that.

Our leadership is basically saying to hell with states rights. If Sessions enforces his ideas on the laws already on the books, the Trump administration will be going completely against the will of the people.

And a lot of people don't see a problem with that.

Sorry to keep on you, but come on. Obama also had weed be a federal crime. So the idea that somehow Trump is going to put you in a cage is a bit hyperbolic don't you think?

And states rights? I love this argument, because I truly believe in states rights.

Did you agree with Arizonas state right to have stricter immigration laws? Do you agree with North Carolinas state right to have a transgender bathroom law?

Do you agree that each state should have the right to deny accepting refugees?

That's a thing a lot of people don't understand. Cannabis CAN'T be made federally legal through any channel, even an executive order, given existing laws. Obama couldn't do it. Trump can't do it.

If the president issued an executive order making cannabis legal, the head of the DEA would be breaking the law and his own oath by complying with it. It's a catch 22 to make sure legalization doesn't happen, and its been written into law since Nixon.

States rights are the only option for any type of legality regarding cannabis. How does me risking losing my job and being made a felon overnight make the title hyperbolic? We've already been advised to start looking for other work just in case.

Its true. The fact that people on here act like its not a big deal things like this are happening is beyond me.

link   

originally posted by: veracity

I liked what you said, wish you didn't delete it.

the conservatives keep sending the mods at me so I am being selective on the spankings.

It is true though.

link   

Oh how cute, you know how to edit.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join