It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I stand to lose my job because of Trump

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: banjobrain

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Dry the tears from your blood-shot eyes and get a real job.

I have to say that comment comes off as extremely ignorant.

Fair enough. But I'm allowed to have an opinion on the "industry" ignorant or not.

Well it is pretty ignorant. I dare you to spend 2 and a half minutes of your life and see how ignorant your are.

I'm a cancer survivor. You think I haven't been on that side of the fence?

Ignorant I'll be, if that be your claim.

edit on 11-1-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Fair enough. But I'm allowed to have an opinion on the "industry" ignorant or not.

Well it is pretty ignorant. I dare you to spend 2 and a half minutes of your life and see how ignorant your are.

So why would you begrudge this man, or any other person something that helps them?

Did you watch the video?

If you did and you are still so sour I reckon the cancer didn't manage to take your body but it took something else, sorry.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

So why would you begrudge this man, or any other person something that helps them?

Did you watch the video?

If you did and you are still so sour I reckon the cancer didn't manage to take your body but it took something else, sorry.

Seeing as how this is the mud pit....

Well maybe that man was a coal miner who was damaging the world. So in that case, he deserves the pain, right underwerks?

link   
a reply to: underwerks

The state of California said that it will lose $1 Billion in Marijuana generated tax revenue if that substance (drug?) is deemed to be illegal nationwide. No wonder Californians voted overwhelmingly for Hillary. That $1 Billion was going to help make California great again.

link   
This is one issue that I wish so much wasn't made out to be a partisan one. I absolutely support legal MJ, and it has nothing to do with the stereotypes my profile pic may suggest. I am not a "user" of the stuff, as hard as that may be to believe, it does not affect me in a good way. BUT, it has provided a very great economy in my state, many positive things have happened as a result, and there has been no rise in crime due to legalizing it.

I also believe that it does provide a great service to people with an array of health issues. It needs to be legalized nationally, and the federal government HAS to stop criminalizing it.

I do stand with the left on this issue, and the right needs to begin to understand it better.
edit on 11-1-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: banjobrain

I'm against the "industry."

It just opens up "a job" for every drug-addled loser who wants to help people get high for $$$.

It just opens up a rationale for every whiny hypochondriac to get their medical high.

Yes, it does happen. It's not all pure and innocent as much as you and OP want to pretend.

The man I'm begruding is the OP for blaming all his woes on Trump..again.

edit on 11-1-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Marley's makes some damn good hemp seeds. I can't remember what a Cobb salad tasted like without them.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Did you watch the video?

Well maybe that man was a coal miner who was damaging the world. So in that case, he deserves the pain, right underwerks?

You can throw words in my mouth all day if you want, that doesn't mean I said them. You're picking a fight with me over nothing.

This is about cannabis, not who I believe is deserving of a job. If you want to start a thread on that, be my guest.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Paranoia.

Unfounded paranoia.

Consider cutting back.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The state of California said that it will lose $1 Billion in Marijuana generated tax revenue if that substance (drug?) is deemed to be illegal nationwide. No wonder Californians voted overwhelmingly for Hillary. That $1 Billion was going to help make California great again.

Multiply that billion by every other state in America. We as a country wouldn't need any help making anything great again.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

Paranoia.

Unfounded paranoia.

Consider cutting back.

Nothing like waiting to get rained on before realizing water is wet.
edit on 11-1-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

It just opens up "a job" for every drug-addled loser who wants to help people get high.

It just opens up every whiny hypocondriac to rationalize their medical high.

CBD is the compound in Marijuana that has medicinal effects, it does not even get a person high, at all.

Did you watch the video?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

It just opens up "a job" for every drug-addled loser who wants to help people get high for $$$.

It just opens up a rationale for every whiny hypochondriac to get their medical high.

Yes, it does happen. It's not all pure and innocent as much as you and OP want to pretend.

This post right here confirms the poster has zero experience or knowledge of the legal cannabis industry. Please, if you don't know what you're talking about, don't say anything.

It'll be better for all of us. What you assume about things isn't the truth.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Sorry friend, but a youtube video has never changed my mind about anything.

I live, breathe, and observe.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

You work retail, correct? I mean, that's basically what working at a pot shop is. Hourly workers->Supervisors->Management.

While not for shutting down the industry(even as a non-smoker) if, heaven forbid it was, your retail skills should easily transfer to a new retail position. So good news!

Anyways,

Pick a strain that will settle that paranoia, it'll never happen.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I've met plenty of those people in the industry, and worked on their 'farms.'

It's not all goody-goody. Stop the delusions dude.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Grambler

Did you watch the video?

You can throw words in my mouth all day if you want, that doesn't mean I said them. You're picking a fight with me over nothing.

This is about cannabis, not who I believe is deserving of a job. If you want to start a thread on that, be my guest.

I am just razzing you.

Look like I said I am for legalization, and I don't want to see anyone lose their job.

Might I suggest a little more empathy for you though for political opponents that have the same fears as you.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: TDawg61
Isn't this OP who made clickbait with" Trump supporters " trying to kill me!.Ffs,stfu

How is this clickbait? We've been talking about this since yesterday. I face a very real threat to my ability to put food on my table if Trumps appointments have their way with their archaic ideas.

If you have a reason why I shouldn't be worried about this besides "just trust Trump" I'm all ears.

As the man hasn't even taken office yet,established any policy to"Take food off your table",I ask again,wtf are you and your hysterical,surreal CLICKBAIT threads have to do with reality?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: slowisfast

You work retail, correct? I mean, that's basically what working at a pot shop is. Hourly workers->Supervisors->Management.

While not for shutting down the industry(even as a non-smoker) if, heaven forbid it was, your retail skills should easily transfer to a new retail position. So good news!

Anyways,

Pick a strain that will settle that paranoia, it'll never happen.

Amongst other things. But that's not the totality of the issue. To me its more about the government having the option to lock me in a cage now for having a plant in my pocket. And everyone that supports that.

Our leadership is basically saying to hell with states rights. If Sessions enforces his ideas on the laws already on the books, the Trump administration will be going completely against the will of the people.

And a lot of people don't see a problem with that.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I foresee many good people losing thier jobs, green companies such as solar and wind power will lose funding, planned parenthood will lose funding, also researchers on climate control will be some of the first to be out of jobs. I also foresee cuts to NASA, teachers and other governments workers.

But we will have a useless wall, right?

www.facebook.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join