It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I stand to lose my job because of Trump

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

1000% for HEMP production.... I just hope it doesn't take another WAR for the Gov't to back it...

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You and I are chomping at the same bit, though I am more interested in the processing and production aspects. I would love nothing more than to get out of peanuts and into hemp, for one reason.

Peanut production was overtaken by a global agricultural monster corporation. Everything I loved about this job has been overshadowed by corporatism and the arrogant elitist Illinoisian asshats that come with such a takeover.

I know that hemp processing will start small scale, with actual people with vested interests in its resurgence as a fiber crop. I want that maverick driven work environment back. I hope it's more than wishful thinking.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Grambler
First let me say I hope you don't lose your job. I don't relish anyone losing their job.

Second, I am for legalization. I also find your job to be just fine to me.

I will say that I just don't think that Trumps admin will want to fight this battle. ISIS, Obama care, immigration, veterans affairs, there is so much on the table, I think things like pot are not even on the radar.

Having said all of this, I have to ask if you would be compelled by a coal miner or someone lamenting that Hillary would have cost them their job?

Although I wish no one to lose their job, and I agree the work you do should be legal, I do not find one persons employment or preference to be a compelling argument for supporting a policy position or candidate.

Coal and cannabis aren't the same thing. One's an archaic industry that contributes to pollution, the other is the solution to the reliance on most of the big polluting industries I'm talking about.

That being said, I don't smile over anyone losing their job. But coal and cannabis aren't comparable industries.

Ah, gotcha.

You are a noble person that is enriching the earth, so we must sympathize with you, but those dirty coal miners are killing the earth, tough luck for them!

Sure you won't smile when they are unemployed, but thats what they get for being a dirty industry.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
with all the money the dope sellers have made in the last 40 years they could have hired a bunch of lobbyist and got it legalized a long time ago,isn`t that how corporate America does it?

I thought the same. I guess even lobbyists need receipts

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

First let me say I hope you don't lose your job. I don't relish anyone losing their job.

Second, I am for legalization. I also find your job to be just fine to me.

I will say that I just don't think that Trumps admin will want to fight this battle. ISIS, Obama care, immigration, veterans affairs, there is so much on the table, I think things like pot are not even on the radar.

Having said all of this, I have to ask if you would be compelled by a coal miner or someone lamenting that Hillary would have cost them their job?

Although I wish no one to lose their job, and I agree the work you do should be legal, I do not find one persons employment or preference to be a compelling argument for supporting a policy position or candidate.

Coal and cannabis aren't the same thing. One's an archaic industry that contributes to pollution, the other is the solution to the reliance on most of the big polluting industries I'm talking about.

That being said, I don't smile over anyone losing their job. But coal and cannabis aren't comparable industries.

Ah, gotcha.

You are a noble person that is enriching the earth, so we must sympathize with you, but those dirty coal miners are killing the earth, tough luck for them!

Sure you won't smile when they are unemployed, but thats what they get for being a dirty industry.

Not at all. I'm not asking for sympathy. Just awareness. What to do with cannabis will be one of the defining issues in the coming years. It comprises states rights and a host of other issues.

If you want to attack me for talking about issues that affect me personally, have at it. You certainly won't be alone here on ATS.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: Tsubaki

a reply to: underwerks

Here's a thought:

Dry the tears from your blood-shot eyes and get a real job.

What's a 'real job'?

Ok since people keep asking me this..

How about one that isn't threatened by changing political climates, mixed public opinions, or legal questionability.

I mean, hopefully OP has something else on his resume for a plan B eh? You know, besides "Trump lost me my job!" protests.

Well, 50 years ago lobotomist was a respectable profession and abortion doctors were imprisoned for federal crimes... times change, perhaps it is time for even more change in this nation.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I live in maine, where we just legalized the stuff in the same breath that trump won.

Trump may not be a good choice, but if Hillary won and you lived here, you'd be looking at being drafted and sent over seas to fight with better armed, better trained people who also didn't want to be there.
Compare that to your current problems- being shipped over seas to fight for a corporation.

Good news- cannabis legalization is gaining popularity. The industry isn't in danger, it's just going to shift around for a bit.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
a reply to: olaru12

You and I are chomping at the same bit, though I am more interested in the processing and production aspects. I would love nothing more than to get out of peanuts and into hemp, for one reason.

Peanut production was overtaken by a global agricultural monster corporation. Everything I loved about this job has been overshadowed by corporatism and the arrogant elitist Illinoisian asshats that come with such a takeover.

I know that hemp processing will start small scale, with actual people with vested interests in its resurgence as a fiber crop. I want that maverick driven work environment back. I hope it's more than wishful thinking.

Copy that....It's not wishful thinking!!!

Hemp will eventually replace king corn for bio fuel, much easier to grow with a yuggggeeee yeld. And hemp seeds are now being explored as food for the likes of you and I. Replacing soybeans. It's a bright future amigo!

You and I both know that the agricultural monster corps will be the driving force, no way around that. Get in early with the futures mkt. that's your best bet.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I wonder what the legal liquor industry has to say about making weed legal? If those 'Good Ol Boys' have their way they'd go back to arresting 'potheads', but smiling every time theres a DUI accident death with their safe and sane product.

The majority of money in the anti cannabis movement is from the liquor industry and lobbyists. That should speak for itself.

Thank you, I know.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Here's a thought:

Seriously! We voted in Republicans because they stand for States rights, individual freedom and personal responsibility! Now do as your told by our All-New, Freedom-Loving Big Federal Government like a true Freedom-Loving Patriot!

Silly libs and their coomie ideals of personal freedom!!

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Why is this Trumps fault?

Why didn't Obama push for it to be decriminalized at the federal level? He sure can E.O anything he wants to.

Also this is why you always have something to fall back on especially when it concerns illegal trade.

And yes I'm for legalization.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Whoa!! Like really, man??? That's like a bummer, duuuude?

Hey, could you like pass me those Dorito's, man??

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha
There are a lot of hard working Americans that have jobs working in the Cannabis industry. People all over the country, even in states that do not have legal cannabis, have jobs because of the industry. People around the globe have good jobs because of legal marijuana in the USA!

www.thecannabist.co...
edit on 11-1-2017 by KEACHI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Here's a thought:

Haha, like selling opioid to doctors or collecting medical debt from expired cancer patients!
The conservative way

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

a reply to: windword

Been answered since you guys can't figure it out. Not my fault you missed the posts.

Ok since people keep asking me this..

How about one that isn't threatened by changing political climates, mixed public opinions, or legal questionability.

I mean, hopefully OP has something else on his resume for a plan B eh? You know, besides "Trump lost me my job!" protests.

and

His 'industry' has a precedence of being illegal.

My 'industry' has a precedence of being highly stable and profitable, oh and it's never been viewed as illegal, amoral, or unethical.

Wanna ask me again what a real job is?

So you have found the 100% job that has never been found unethical? I am not buying it. Medicine, Legal, Accounting, Science, what has never been found unethical?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Why is this Trumps fault?

Why didn't Obama push for it to be decriminalized at the federal level? He sure can E.O anything he wants to.

Also this is why you always have something to fall back on especially when it concerns illegal trade.

And yes I'm for legalization.

Because by law, cannabis or any other drug that's already been scheduled can't be made federally legal.

So its about states rights and on a state level, and leaving it up to the Trump administration to do the right thing.

Which isn't happening.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Isn't this OP who made clickbait with" Trump supporters " trying to kill me!.Ffs,stfu

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I have to say that comment comes off as extremely ignorant.

Fair enough. But I'm allowed to have an opinion on the "industry" ignorant or not.

Well it is pretty ignorant. I dare you to spend 2 and a half minutes of your life and see how ignorant your are.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: synthetichuman
The republicans got on Sessions about that, told him to cut it out. They claim they aren't going to do anything. I stand to lose my job too, its a weird part of the gov. housing dept. I still voted for trump because if I have to lose my job to keep nutbag liberals from running things without ever taking responsibility for anything then take it.

Cut off your nose to spite your face often. Too many middle Americans voting against their own interests.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
Isn't this OP who made clickbait with" Trump supporters " trying to kill me!.Ffs,stfu

How is this clickbait? We've been talking about this since yesterday. I face a very real threat to my ability to put food on my table if Trumps appointments have their way with their archaic ideas.

If you have a reason why I shouldn't be worried about this besides "just trust Trump" I'm all ears.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join