It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I stand to lose my job because of Trump

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: Abysha

a reply to: underwerks

Here's a thought:

Dry the tears from your blood-shot eyes and get a real job.

What if what you did for a living was under threat of becoming illegal? Would "get a real job" be just as palatable to you then?

His 'industry' has a precedence of being illegal.

My 'industry' has a precedence of being highly stable and profitable, oh and it's never been viewed as illegal, amoral, or unethical.

Wanna ask me again what a real job is?

I would, yes. What constitutes a real job to you? Stability? Legality? Let me know so I can find some examples of what we're talking about here.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
If you looking for a solution, you need to network and take it state to state. It is going on right now. More states are legalizing it. After so many it cannot remain as a federal law, because to many states agree with it. It will require, believe it or not, Organizing, Petitions, Signatures, Raising Funds, that is where those tycoons you where talking about come into play, and if enough people call their representative and tell him what he will do, not what he should do, and if he doesn't do it, you have secured enough signatures and funds to make sure he will not get re-elected. Then it just kind of hits home for them. It is kind of like boiling water. It doesn't start out hot. You have to wait for molecules to get off their a$$ and start moving. You just need to turn the Heat up.
edit on 11-1-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)
edit on 11-1-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Don't worry!

I'm not scared. I just invested a nice chunck in a "green" mutual fund. Everything from meds to shoe laces to bio fuel to pet food.

Even in Texas they are going "green" and they don't mess with Texas.

edit on 11-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

edit on 11-1-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Don't worry!

I'm not scared. I just invested a nice chunck in a "green" mutual fund. Everything from meds to shoe laces to bio fuel to pet food.

Even in Texas they are going "green" and they don't mess with Texas.

I seriously hope you're right. Its an amazing industry. It would be sad to see so many people lose their livelihood over some archaic ideas.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tsubaki

Here's a thought:

Dry the tears from your blood-shot eyes and get a real job.

What's a 'real job'?

I'm still waiting for an answer to that question from Ali Baba, promising 1 million jobs!

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Been answered since you guys can't figure it out. Not my fault you missed the posts.

Ok since people keep asking me this..

How about one that isn't threatened by changing political climates, mixed public opinions, or legal questionability.

I mean, hopefully OP has something else on his resume for a plan B eh? You know, besides "Trump lost me my job!" protests.

and

His 'industry' has a precedence of being illegal.

My 'industry' has a precedence of being highly stable and profitable, oh and it's never been viewed as illegal, amoral, or unethical.

edit on 11-1-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Well, you have at least one Trump supporter in your corner man.

I want nothing more than blanket legalization across the country. Hemp production alone could be a boon for us economically and environmentally. Weed production would topple pharmaceutical monopolies, and the US as a whole would be a better place.

Sadly, I live in Texas and I had to choose my battles accordingly. Legal weed here is a literal pipe dream for the foreseeable future.

So I show my support through vacationing in pot friendly environs.

Just keep your chin up man. We have had many victories, and I don't think we are done winning.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh

Well, you have at least one Trump supporter in your corner man.

I want nothing more than blanket legalization across the country. Hemp production alone could be a boon for us economically and environmentally. Weed production would topple pharmaceutical monopolies, and the US as a whole would be a better place.

Sadly, I live in Texas and I had to choose my battles accordingly. Legal weed here is a literal pipe dream for the foreseeable future.

So I show my support through vacationing in pot friendly environs.

Just keep your chin up man. We have had many victories, and I don't think we are done winning.

Right on

I think this is an issue that should cross all political affiliation. To me its a question of individual liberty.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

No, why would I? I already know what a real job is. What the OP does is a real job.
edit on 11-1-2017 by Abysha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The republicans got on Sessions about that, told him to cut it out. They claim they aren't going to do anything. I stand to lose my job too, its a weird part of the gov. housing dept. I still voted for trump because if I have to lose my job to keep nutbag liberals from running things without ever taking responsibility for anything then take it.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: synthetichuman
The republicans got on Sessions about that, told him to cut it out. They claim they aren't going to do anything. I stand to lose my job too, its a weird part of the gov. housing dept. I still voted for trump because if I have to lose my job to keep nutbag liberals from running things without ever taking responsibility for anything then take it.

I'm not into cutting off my hand to spite my foot.

link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh Dude, every Trump supporter I know including myself is in this corner, Sessions is not my kinda guy and we want legalization, Im talking about every person I know.

link   
I have read a few quotes by Trump in the past where he stated that the Drug War was a complete and utter failure. I think he still knows this. I also think that as the boomer generation slowly slides into sweet oblivion - that more states will vote to legalize. I haven't met anyone under 45 in a long time that think marijuana should be illegal and I live in probably one of the most conservative counties in the United States.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

That's true about bud, but they are growing and testing hemp at A&M. I'm just waiting for the go ahead on my 180ac. I'll bail on cotton and onions in a heartbeat.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
First let me say I hope you don't lose your job. I don't relish anyone losing their job.

Second, I am for legalization. I also find your job to be just fine to me.

I will say that I just don't think that Trumps admin will want to fight this battle. ISIS, Obama care, immigration, veterans affairs, there is so much on the table, I think things like pot are not even on the radar.

Having said all of this, I have to ask if you would be compelled by a coal miner or someone lamenting that Hillary would have cost them their job?

Although I wish no one to lose their job, and I agree the work you do should be legal, I do not find one persons employment or preference to be a compelling argument for supporting a policy position or candidate.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
I have read a few quotes by Trump in the past where he stated that the Drug War was a complete and utter failure. I think he still knows this. I also think that as the boomer generation slowly slides into sweet oblivion - that more states will vote to legalize. I haven't met anyone under 45 in a long time that think marijuana should be illegal and I live in probably one of the most conservative counties in the United States.

I really hope you're right. I just don't have the faith other people do in Trump doing the right thing. From growing up around a lifetime of hustlers, what I get from him, I can't trust him. I can feel it a mile away, and I can't hand my money off to someone and let them walk away haha.

In effect that's what I would be doing trusting Donald Trump on what he's said so far.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
A lot of people lose their jobs every single day.
Blaming your possible loss of a job on Trump will piss people off who actually lost their jobs because of Obama.
So go ahead and complain when you actually lose your job and stfu until you do.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
First let me say I hope you don't lose your job. I don't relish anyone losing their job.

Second, I am for legalization. I also find your job to be just fine to me.

I will say that I just don't think that Trumps admin will want to fight this battle. ISIS, Obama care, immigration, veterans affairs, there is so much on the table, I think things like pot are not even on the radar.

Having said all of this, I have to ask if you would be compelled by a coal miner or someone lamenting that Hillary would have cost them their job?

Although I wish no one to lose their job, and I agree the work you do should be legal, I do not find one persons employment or preference to be a compelling argument for supporting a policy position or candidate.

Coal and cannabis aren't the same thing. One's an archaic industry that contributes to pollution, the other is the solution to the reliance on most of the big polluting industries I'm talking about.

That being said, I don't smile over anyone losing their job. But coal and cannabis aren't comparable industries.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
with all the money the dope sellers have made in the last 40 years they could have hired a bunch of lobbyist and got it legalized a long time ago,isn`t that how corporate America does it?
edit on 11-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join