It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I stand to lose my job because of Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: eluryh22
a reply to: underwerks

I'm curious... how long have you worked at wherever it is you claim to have worked.

You spent 6 years prior the election "driving around" all but two of the states.

Then you spent Christmas in the wilderness... which turned out to be not the wilderness but your old home town.

Then you managed to somehow not get killed during Christmas by a bunch of Trump supports that were banding together to kill you.

It's January 11th as I write this (in my time zone).

So how long have you worked wherever it is you claim to work?

I was going to point some of these things out, but I had restrained from attacking the person and sticking with my opinion on the topic..

Awesome post

By all means, attack me if you feel the need.

I don't feel the need. It's apparent to everyone who reads your threads that you blame Trump for everything.

Well that's a shortcut to thinking.

I'll cut it even shorter

Well because of the Trump admin me and thousands of others are likely to be out of work soon. Am I not supposed to talk about that? This is probably the main issue facing my life right now.

Do we not matter as Americans too?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

If it's that important then how about you paste in the segment from the transcript already?

This is just getting retarded at this point.

link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Here's a thought:

Dry the tears from your blood-shot eyes and get a real job.

Guess people who brew beer, distill spirits, grow tobacco or pack cigarettes have 'real' jobs?
Take it a step further, people who grow plants in general, guess farmers aren't 'real' workers?

What a dumb comment, stop making such toxic, ultra conservative nonsense.

Real job. Get a grip.

Ahhhh yes, the proud, noble pot farmers who built this, America. After the way you stretched that analogy on the rack like a heretic, you tell me to get real?

link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Ain't nothing gonna change, so don't get worked up.

Everybody said 0bama was gonna take our guns away too. Did it happen?

Last time I checked, it was the voters who spoke up and elected Trump. That had nothing to do with weed. Those same voters are the ones who voted to legalize.

It's the people's will ... not the goddamned government's. If you lived any other place than Kali, I'd come and defend your store from the feds if it got right down to it ... and they'd lose (for a little while at least). And ... I don't even smoke that schizz.

I hope you're right, but..

Trump isn't beholden to the people's will. I know you think he's some kind of special new thing, but he's the same as the rest. He'll please the special interests around him before he does the will of the people, every time. Because he's a businessman, and he profits from it. Its human nature.

And there's a lot of money in keeping cannabis illegal.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

You do realize Congress makes the laws, who are voted on by the people?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Yeah but there's a lot of money in Medical marijuana too and people are starting to figure that out. If they are nimble enough, the can capitalize on it.

Besides, there is quite a bit of momentum within the medical community in support of medical marijuana.

I'd wait and see how it falls. Don't panic yet.

link   

You know what? That's one of the dumbest damned libtard responses anyone has EVER thrown back at me on this forum.

You and California deserve each other. I'm writing a letter to Sessions and telling him to go and get you.

Idiot!!

link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

If it's that important then how about you paste in the segment from the transcript already?

This is just getting retarded at this point.

Someone posted it at the end of the first page. I haven't read a transcript yet, I just watched it live yesterday.

Retarded? Lol. Obviously not since you feel the need to comment. Got something constructive to say? I'm all ears. Why shouldnt we be concerned about this?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

You know what? That's one of the dumbest damned libtard responses anyone has EVER thrown back at me on this forum.

You and California deserve each other. I'm writing a letter to Sessions and telling him to go and get you.

Idiot!!

Its dumb to believe politicians care about their own interests first?

Seriously

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I feel for ya man, but I wouldn't sweat it.

Legal weed has a momentum behind it that I don't think the government can stop. Sessions is just one little angry prick that really can't do much. Remember, legal weed is a pretty new deal, before that, people still got their medicine.

If the worst comes, as you fear, just think of it this way, keep doing your thing and you don't have to share with the IRS any more.

Prohibition never works, and you only stand to make more money.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Federal law still makes pot illegal. Sessions can only enforce federal law. If he cracks down on it there might be a revolt. Those states like their tax revenue.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Idiot!!

Jesus. Who roped your panties in a bunch and jacked 'em up your crack today?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Here's a thought:

What's a 'real job'?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I wish I had better news for you. Sessions' biggest difference with me on issues is his stand on low-level drugs.

I have to point out, though, that this is exactly the danger I and others have pointed out for years now, and been generally poo-pood at over it. The President does not make laws, and should never, ever be selective in enforcing laws! The Congress makes the laws, and therefore says what the President should enforce.

Had Obama enforced the laws, there would have been pressure on Congress to legalize once and for all. But instead, he used selective enforcement. That took the pressure off Congress, because state laws were allowed to be followed and nobody really cared as long as they were left alone. Now, everyone is realizing that things might not be as hunky-dory as they thought. The people have been had. Legalization could have easily happened when Democrats controlled things and we wouldn't be facing this mess.

I hope that the present Congress will act to legalize. I just don't expect it. I do expect Sessions to follow the law.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh

I feel for ya man, but I wouldn't sweat it.

Legal weed has a momentum behind it that I don't think the government can stop. Sessions is just one little angry prick that really can't do much. Remember, legal weed is a pretty new deal, before that, people still got their medicine.

If the worst comes, as you fear, just think of it this way, keep doing your thing and you don't have to share with the IRS any more.

Prohibition never works, and you only stand to make more money.

That's completely true. There's always a way

What gets me though is people think its not a valid concern. At what point do Trump supporters actually start believing the things people in his administration say and believe?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tsubaki

Here's a thought:

What's a 'real job'?

Ok since people keep asking me this..

How about one that isn't threatened by changing political climates, mixed public opinions, or legal questionability.

I mean, hopefully OP has something else on his resume for a plan B eh? You know, besides "Trump lost me my job!" protests.

link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I wish I had better news for you. Sessions' biggest difference with me on issues is his stand on low-level drugs.

I have to point out, though, that this is exactly the danger I and others have pointed out for years now, and been generally poo-pood at over it. The President does not make laws, and should never, ever be selective in enforcing laws! The Congress makes the laws, and therefore says what the President should enforce.

Had Obama enforced the laws, there would have been pressure on Congress to legalize once and for all. But instead, he used selective enforcement. That took the pressure off Congress, because state laws were allowed to be followed and nobody really cared as long as they were left alone. Now, everyone is realizing that things might not be as hunky-dory as they thought. The people have been had. Legalization could have easily happened when Democrats controlled things and we wouldn't be facing this mess.

I hope that the present Congress will act to legalize. I just don't expect it. I do expect Sessions to follow the law.

TheRedneck

I agree with you completely. The thing that gets me is that its actually illegal for the head of the DEA to back legalizing anything federally that's already scheduled. It would take an overhaul of the entire system to even make it possible.

So, given the current legal system in America, the only hope is through a states rights issue. And that's being stomped on as well in this instance.

link   

Here's a thought:

What if what you did for a living was under threat of becoming illegal? Would "get a real job" be just as palatable to you then?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Don't worry advocates of legalizing the evil weed....

When the Colorado legalized it... I imagined 10years before it may be legislated on a FED level....

BIG powerful $$$$ is in the process of getting their ducks in a row to CAPITALIZE on this move...

It's always been this way... patience... it's coming, but the profits will flow to those in control...

YMMV

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Here's a thought:

What if what you did for a living was under threat of becoming illegal? Would "get a real job" be just as palatable to you then?

His 'industry' has a precedence of being illegal.

My 'industry' has a precedence of being highly stable and profitable, oh and it's never been viewed as illegal, amoral, or unethical.

Wanna ask me again what a real job is?

edit on 11-1-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join