It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I stand to lose my job because of Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Although I don't work in your industry, I do sympathize. I'm not a spokesperson for trump, however he did say he would let the states decide what they wanted to do about Marijuana. Hopefully he stays on track regarding that nimrod sessions be A.G.

Side note.
The owl farm is looking for good horticulturists to work with them on the gonzo strain that they will be releasing in the near future. That's a project that would be epic to be involved in.

Best of luck.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I'm curious... how long have you worked at wherever it is you claim to have worked.

You spent 6 years prior the election "driving around" all but two of the states.

Then you spent Christmas in the wilderness... which turned out to be not the wilderness but your old home town.

Then you managed to somehow not get killed during Christmas by a bunch of Trump supports that were banding together to kill you.

It's January 11th as I write this (in my time zone).

So how long have you worked wherever it is you claim to work?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

I'm curious... how long have you worked at wherever it is you claim to have worked.

You spent 6 years prior the election "driving around" all but two of the states.

Then you spent Christmas in the wilderness... which turned out to be not the wilderness but your old home town.

Then you managed to somehow not get killed during Christmas by a bunch of Trump supports that were banding together to kill you.

I was going to point some of these things out, but I had restrained from attacking the person and sticking with my opinion on the topic..

Awesome post

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

A little over a year, but I've been involved in the medical scene in Cali since 2009. When I've had a job outside of music its been in the cannabis industry wherever I'm living on the west coast.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

You may get a few fish in with this net. Truth is though whatever happens you will still be smoking.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

I was going to point some of these things out, but I had restrained from attacking the person and sticking with my opinion on the topic..

Awesome post

By all means, attack me if you feel the need.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Mr. Sessions seems to be all about the law which is what one would expect and actually want from the head law enforcer in a country. I would expect the law to be changed as far as the Federal Statutes against weed but until then it is against the law and he is legally bound to charge people.

Perhaps Trump has plans to encourage Congress who establish the laws to change it but ultimately it is on them to change the law. I believe in States rights and for the people to decide but until the law is changed then as an investor, an owner and even employees you stand to be in trouble from the Federal point of view. Common sense would apply and a prosecutor should not go after everyone but there needs to be a consensus first.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Here's a thought:

Dry the tears from your blood-shot eyes and get a real job.

To thousands of people the cannabis industry is a serious, full time job. What constitutes a "real" job to you?

A miserable wage slave, grinding out your best years working 9 to 5. Oh, and get a haircut too, ya hippie.

Good lord. Let's just set the clock back 40 years cuz... that'll fix it... Or something.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

That's a start. CNN's "interpretation" doesn't help. What he actually said would be a lot better.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

You may get a few fish in with this net. Truth is though whatever happens you will still be smoking.

I'm not casting any nets. This is a real concern with people in the industry right now. Of course I'll still be smoking lol, but its not about that.

Its about not being thrown in a cage for having a plant in my pocket, and not being judged as a criminal for something as innocuous as cannabis.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Awesome post

I don't feel the need. It's apparent to everyone who reads your threads that you blame Trump for everything.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Awesome post

I don't feel the need. It's apparent to everyone who reads your threads that you blame Trump for everything.

Well that's a shortcut to thinking.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
It's illegal at a Federal level and has been for a long time. With all due respect, you should have known this when you decided to get involved.

To suddenly decide to blame Trump is nonsensical at best. I'm no Trump supporter or against "the industry" but come on... What you do is illegal Federally. If you want job security and the feeling that you won't get arrested you need a job that isn't illegal.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Awesome post

Well that's a shortcut to thinking.

I'll cut it even shorter

edit on 11-1-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents
It's illegal at a Federal level and has been for a long time. With all due respect, you should have known this when you decided to get involved.

To suddenly decide to blame Trump is nonsensical at best. I'm no Trump supporter or against "the industry" but come on... What you do is illegal Federally. If you want job security and the feeling that you won't get arrested you need a job that isn't illegal.

The Obama admin still arrested and seized dispensaries in legal states, only the successful businesses were targeted.

I'm right leaning, I believe it should be legal to cultivate at the least. However, legalization is opposed by too many powerful organizations, it's just way more profitable being illegal.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents

Of course, I've always known its federally illegal. Its actually illegal for the head of the DEA to even consider legalizing anything that's been previously scheduled.

So states rights is the last refuge of sensible drug reform, and the Trump admin just took a big steamy one on top of that.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Well, enlighten me as to what the comments were?

You know! It's what the marijuana tycoons have been talking about for two days.

The dispensaries have been making a boatload of money for several years now.

All the while telling us about how much good they are bringing humanity.

You greedy clowns invited Uncle Sam to the party and had zero concern for the rest of us.

I guess the patients in Washington will have to go back to dealing with friends instead of tycoons.

In reality though, nothing will change. Yeah 'because of states rights and because of ALL THAT MONEY.
edit on 11-1-2017 by ezramullins because: disgust

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Here's a thought:

Dry the tears from your blood-shot eyes and get a real job.

Guess people who brew beer, distill spirits, grow tobacco or pack cigarettes have 'real' jobs?
Take it a step further, people who grow plants in general, guess farmers aren't 'real' workers?

What a dumb comment, stop making such toxic, ultra conservative nonsense.

Real job. Get a grip.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

So states rights is the last refuge of sensible drug reform

State rights are not a refuge against Federal law. Federal law doesn't care what State law says. More importantly, it's illegal at a UN level. So, yeah... Not going to change at a Federal level any time soon. As pointed out above, the Obama admin also oversaw plenty of arrests. Nothing new so far with Trump at the helm on that front.

You want to be upset then focus that on the UN. Feds won't change until it changes at a UN level first. It won't happen, ever until then.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Ain't nothing gonna change, so don't get worked up.

Everybody said 0bama was gonna take our guns away too. Did it happen?

Last time I checked, it was the voters who spoke up and elected Trump. That had nothing to do with weed. Those same voters are the ones who voted to legalize.

It's the people's will ... not the goddamned government's. If you lived any other place than Kali, I'd come and defend your store from the feds if it got right down to it ... and they'd lose (for a little while at least). And ... I don't even smoke that schizz.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join