It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I stand to lose my job because of Trump

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The U.$. stands to lose any vestige of remaining respect from the wider world, with this election[citation needed] of the blowhard buffoon in question -- which will inevitably lead to the wholly military armipotence dependent nation's destruction.

That is to say, jobs are the least of the torn-asunder, junk-food-poison-purveying, Podunk nation's problems... The Road (2009) is what looms over the U.$.'s horizon!
edit on 13-1-2017 by TroliusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

You're the absolute worst.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
All this talk about deregulation, states' rights, and less government from the right, yet Jeff Sessions of all people is hired to revamp the war on drugs. If Trump was even somewhat awake as many like Alex Jones claim, he would deal with the extortion, exploitation, backdoor deals, and corruption known as the war on drugs IMMEDIATELY.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Hey, why don't we legalise crack coc aine... it really makes people feel more comfortable as they are dying.

I would not worry too much though as I don't think it will be a priority.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Dry the tears from your blood-shot eyes and get a real job.

I have to say, that comment comes off as a little ignorant.

In states where it is legal, there are many marijuana tycoons that are successful business owners and millionaires in their own right. I'm assuming you don't know the OP personally so, maybe lighten up on the personal attacks.

Is it really? Then you must also believe that it was a little ignorant when Obama sacked the coal industry to ignore the many job losses he caused deliberately because of global warming hoax. I have no sympathy for the cannabis industry. Even as a pain reliever it has little value. George Soros has been driving the legalization of cannabis and for reasons.

Do you drink alcohol?
edit on 13-1-2017 by humanityrising because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
It turns out that Donald Trump himself supports state's rights on marijuana issues and he is going to ask Jeff Sessions to follow his lead on that, so you might not need to worry as much as you thought. Here is an article I read for further research. I'm glad you brought this topic up in your thread.

Marke tWatch
edit on 13pmFri, 13 Jan 2017 20:32:59 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Hey, why don't we legalise crack coc aine... it really makes people feel more comfortable as they are dying.

I would not worry too much though as I don't think it will be a priority.

Why don't we?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
It turns out that Donald Trump himself supports state's rights on marijuana issues and he is going to ask Jeff Sessions to follow his lead on that, so you might not need to worry as much as you thought. Here is an article I read for further research. I'm glad you brought this topic up in your thread.

Marke tWatch

I want to believe you but there was nothing in that article but a reiteration of the vague statement Trump said while he was asked in passing about it on the campaign trail.

And there's also the part about Sessions saying, "If Americans want marijuana legal, they should change the laws." (Paraphrasing)

This is exactly what I'm talking about. I've been screaming it for three days on this thread but no one seems to hear it. Cannabis CAN'T be made federally legal through any legal way given how our laws are set up right now. Either Sessions is ignorant of how the law works in this instance or he knows good and well the people can't legalize cannabis federally and is choosing to lie. Take your pick.

A complete rewriting of drug laws and how they're enforced and a changing of the mandate and oath of the head of the DEA would be required to make cannabis or any other scheduled substance legal.

This would take the majority of EVERYONE in government agreeing on it. An executive order wouldn't even be able to make cannabis legal.

"Nevermind the reality of the laws we live under, I'm sure it'll just work out this way." seems to be the attitude here.

Do I really have to spell out how wrong that is?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I don't understand why the Feds couldn't change the laws do you have some links you can post?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

I don't understand why the Feds couldn't change the laws do you have some links you can post?

Because its written into law since Nixon that it's illegal for the head of the DEA to consider federally legalizing anything.

By law, the drug czar must oppose any attempt to legalize the use (in any form) of illicit drugs.[12] According to the "Office of National Drug Control Policy Reauthorization Act of 1998"[13] the director of the ONDCP

(12) shall ensure that no Federal funds appropriated to the Office of National Drug Control Policy shall be expended for any study or contract relating to the legalization (for a medical use or any other use) of a substance listed in schedule I of section 202 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 812) and take such actions as necessary to oppose any attempt to legalize the use of a substance (in any form) that --

1. is listed in schedule I of section 202 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 812); and

2. has not been approved for use for medical purposes by the Food and Drug Administration;
The Government Accountability Office has found that this law authorizes the ONDCP to disseminate information in order to oppose legalization:[14]

en.m.wikipedia.org...

The system in place is set up to make federal legalization of anything impossible. States rights is the only way through this. This is why its about more than just a bunch of stoners wanting to get high.

This one issue touches on everything. Or will, soon enough. If Trump let's Sessions have his way, he can kiss the support of a majority of Americans goodbye. Even the Trump supporters I know are angry about this. It's a direct attack on what a majority in certain areas have democratically voted for.

edit on 13-1-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

You do realize what 'scheduling' a drug means, right? It means the drug is not classified the same way. It could be scheduled to be LEGAL to produce for personal use (like alcohol), or LEGAL for restricted sale, or LEGAL for medical use... and no Attorney General can prosecute anyone for something that is LEGAL under Federal law. I don't care who it is.

Your post sounds like you either don't understand why it's illegal under Federal law, don't understand how law works, or just want a reason to complain about something. That kind of ignorance is exactly why it is scheduled the way it is, and why it is illegal.

TheRedneck

Just saw your post. Actually, even the lowest scheduled drugs are not available without a prescription, and carry jail time if you are caught with them. So, shifting the scheduling won't really effect anything.

www.dea.gov...

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: banjobrain

It is illegal under Federal law. I don't see how you can deny that. The law is in black and white.

It shouldn't be illegal IMO, and especially not under Federal law... but that's not the same thing. It was illegal before Obama came into power and Obama did not make it legal. He just ignored the law.

Now we have this. Thanks Obama!

TheRedneck

Always twisting and twisting you guys are. You are compelled by Christ to Dissemble and dissemble!

federal law says ones thing,and if you read the constitution you will note that the president does not make law.
(Thanks Obama, errrrr)

What about states rights? Oh yeah, conservatives and rednecks only showboat about all that huh?

It is not illegal in my state with the current ethos in place, which is the point of the thread. It will be illegal if Trump empowers a person who will make it so, that is where the rubber meets the road, that is the common sense truth.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: banjobrain

Nope, no twisting. Obama got Obamacare passed, didn't he? So why didn't he get legalization passed? Oh, because the President doesn'the make law! Then why is there 13 pages of a thread moaning over the next President's making law?

Maybe there is some twisting after all... from you.

As for supporting states rights, how many times do I have to say I oppose the law on that ground? That just doesn't matter when one stands before a judge.

Yeah, twisting... like it's illegal to legalize the stuff... I read that above. Somebody needs to get a grip on reality, because this fantasy-land BS I keep reading is getting old. Either the President is responsible for the laws or he isn't. If Obama gets the credit for Obamacare, he gets the blame for not legalizing marijuana. If Trump gets the blame for marijuana being illegal, so does Obama. This double-standard stuff is nothing more than a bunch of childish, immature playground antics from a bunch of self-serving ignorant children who can't do anything except whine because they didn't get their way.

I started following this thread because I want the Federal government out of the failed War on Drugs. I don't care if Mickey Mouse is President when it happens. It will happen when the Congress passes the law that says so and the President signs it, not before. Until that happens, marijuana will be illegal, regardless of what anyone on here wants or doesn't want, regardless of who's in the White House, regardless of how many people get hurt.

I now realize this ain't about anything other than the same old crybaby tactics that put Trump in power in the first place. Maybe I was wrong... if this is how a majority of smokers think, maybe there is a reason to keep it illegal. They apparently need to be behind bars just to make sure they don't hurt themselves from a lack of walking-around sense.

Someone please make an intelligent post to prove me wrong?

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Here's a thought:

Exactly

This guy shoots up an entire theater full of families in Colorado. Six months later Colorado legalizes a controlled substance that a google search will tell you increase the likelihood of the development of psychiatric conditions and increase the chances that those disorders will occur at an earlier age.

Marijuana use is for irresponsible teens and college students only. There's no need to turn a harmful substance into an industry.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Perfectly said, that's probably why you didn't get a reply.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Here's a thought:

Exactly

This guy shoots up an entire theater full of families in Colorado. Six months later Colorado legalizes a controlled substance that a google search will tell you increase the likelihood of the development of psychiatric conditions and increase the chances that those disorders will occur at an earlier age.

Marijuana use is for irresponsible teens and college students only. There's no need to turn a harmful substance into an industry.

You are so wrong about the uses of marijuana especially in the medical world.

Also the b.s about increasing the likelihood of psychiatric conditions is no differant then any legal drug out there right now, caffeine and alcohol can do the same to certain people.

A little bit of education goes a long way friend.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I highly doubt the marijuana industry is going anywhere. It's already quite ingrained in the business world.

The largest medical marijuana growing facility is coming to Massachusetts.

Posted December 22, 2016:

CBS Boston

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Good, I hope you lose it.. I saw your cowardly and evil thread filled with lies about people trying to kill you..

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

What the hell happened to this website

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: fatkid

What the hell happened to this website

Better question. What the Hell happened to the WORLD, say, in the last 8 years?? If you think these convos only exist on ATS, then you're living in a bubble.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join