It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I stand to lose my job because of Trump

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

know everyone wants to take a stab at me by now,

What did you expect when you said; "get a real job"? LoL

T

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
All I can say is that a lot of people lost their jobs thanks to Obama and his policies.

It's not like you will be unique in learning that elections sometimes have consequences.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
All I can say is that a lot of people lost their jobs thanks to Obama and his policies.

It's not like you will be unique in learning that elections sometimes have consequences.

Actually, the unemployment rate has been at an all time low under Obama.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks
Smoke some indica and chill out dude!
Trump has made it clear numerous times cannabis is a state issue and something the government doesn't need to regulate. I have my entire life and fortune at stake in this industry and I'm not worried one bit.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

Only accurate if you consider Uber drivers and seasonal part time employees employed.
I however don't...

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

Only accurate if you consider Uber drivers and seasonal part time employees employed.
I however don't...

Lol, is that what fake news you choose to believe today?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Actually many more gained jobs under his presidency, 14 million since 2010. There is this thing called google

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Well there is one more guy on the unemployment roles. He just called a customer in the shop a snowflake social justice warrior. I fired him on the spot. He started crying and begging.

I would have done the same thing if one of my employees insulted a person wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat or shirt.

Be professional or GTFO.

edit on 12-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Well there is one more guy on the unemployment roles. He just called a customer in the shop a snowflake social justice warrior. I fired him on the spot. He started crying and begging.

I would have done the same thing if one of my employees insulted a person wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat or shirt.

Be professional or GTFO.

OMG! I would have done the same thing. I could be wrong but since he will not be collecting unemployment insurance he technically is not considered "unemployed " under the terms that the government gathers info, so don't feel bad, lol. He's considered a dumb jerk in my book.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I think its a waste of government time and money to wage a war on drugs, so my opinion is biased to say the least.

I live in an area that most people on this site would not travel in during broad daylight and I am comfortable here in the darkest hours of night, so again my opinion is biased.

Making cannabis oil extract legal for medicinal use should have been done through federal legislation or not at all. The "patchwork" approach or the so called incubators for democracy, that are state laws, are a fallacy. The simple reason behind this is the supremacy clause within the Constitution.

Legalizing marijuana (or even oils) in some states is comparable to only Nevada allowing legal prostitution. The rest of the country views it negatively, and so the federal government (old white men) view it negatively. You can argue that there is a difference between "has been" amateur adult film starlets selling themselves to men willingly in Reno from children being sold as slaves across the border in Argentina, but it's semantics. Its simply sex for money when the argument gets down to brass tacks.

When applied to the legalization of marijuana and its derivatives the same is true. You can argue there is a difference between little Jimmy "smoking rope" behind the school and little Jenny getting non-FDA approved medicine for her cancer, but in the end it boils down to the same thing. MJ is labeled a controlled substance by federal legislation.

If you invested time and effort into a career where U-235 could be used to make interesting floral decorations, don't be dismayed when the government steps in and puts the kibosh on the whole thing.

The war on drugs has to end. Not the war on "my" drugs or the war on "some" drugs. That is where the dilemma arises. People don't want to actually end the "war on drugs". They just want to be able to do what the want to do. End the war on drugs today and several serious problems will solve themselves by this time next year.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Because of the way they report unemployment stats.

I lost one job and never had it replaced. I've been stuck in part-time hell these last 8 years thanks to Obama's economy.

But I'm counted as employed. Yeah, I am, but I'd sure like full employment and there are a legion like me.

And that doesn't count the people who are unemployed but have given up seeking work.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

You seem to be getting your stats from the .gov, so either disingenuous cheer leading or just plain lazy. Which are you?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: banjobrain

Yes, there is this thing called Google. It can return search results from more sources than just the BLS. You should click on one of those sometime.
edit on 12/1/2017 by MiddleInitial because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
All I can add "that sucks!" With that said the "legal weed" bizz is a small time thing. When the bubble busted in 08 how many Carpenters, roofers handyman services lost their jobs. When one chooses a carrier better make Shure it's not a fringe idea, or one will loose their ass.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Be professional or GTFO.

I bet you made that up.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
You can argue that there is a difference between "has been" amateur adult film starlets selling themselves to men willingly in Reno from children being sold as slaves across the border in Argentina, but it's semantics. Its simply sex for money when the argument gets down to brass tacks.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree and quite vehemently so. There is an enormous difference between these two things, and it is not semantics.
edit on 12/1/2017 by MiddleInitial because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: gernblan

bull crap!

there are a lot medical dispensaries in Colorado that DON'T sell recreational.

also, the price has gone way down.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Here's a thought:

Dry the tears from your blood-shot eyes and get a real job.

When will you sad acts stop accusing everyone of crying? It's literally what children to do each other. Honestly, you look pathetic just recycling this rubbish. Nobody is crying, they just pity you and roll their eyes. Try having a discussion.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

As much as I appreciate your industry, I have 0 sympathy. I lost my job after the first Obama election because my company had a military contract that was later nixed. Elections do have consequences and one of them seems to be certain jobs favored by the previous administration. Plus do remember that Obama did nothing to secure your industry, as a matter of fact he announced that on a federal level the laws and regulations would stand. So is it really Trumps fault or Obamas?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Smoke some indica and chill out dude!
Trump has made it clear numerous times cannabis is a state issue and something the government doesn't need to regulate. I have my entire life and fortune at stake in this industry and I'm not worried one bit.

Forgive me for not being comforted by something Donald Trump said in passing on the campaign trail.

I'd hope, being your life and fortune are tied up in this industry, that you would care when the government is thinking of dismantling it. I sure do.

But then again I didn't vote for Trump. I don't assume what he's thinking and run with my assumption as the truth. And I don't believe its ok for the federal government to interfere in what a majority of people in a state voted for.

I get a distinct feeling of the whole frog in a pot of heating water thing from a lot of posters here.

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join