It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I stand to lose my job because of Trump

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I've worked on their premises as a contractor bro...doing something else.

I know everyone wants to take a stab at me by now, but aim better if you're going to, otherwise it just tickles!

edit on 12-1-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
By the way, under our Constitution that you liberals hate so much, the 10th amendment guarantees that the states can always trump (pun intended) federal law just as long as whatever the Federal is trying to pull isn't in the Constitution itself. The only recourse the federal government has is to cut off things like highway funding and now educational funding ( the real reason why the Department of Education was formed in the first place, for leverage.

Now if a particular state was doing what they were supposed to be doing in the first place they wouldn't be needing to suck on the federal nipple as much as they do.

So in the end it really comes down to how much responsibility do you REALLY want to have?

You may hate the Constitution, Live cards, but at the end of the day it's the only thing that could save you. Heaven forbid somebody try to take away Your recreational weed.

Oh one more thing about that, when weed turned medically legal in Washington and Colorado it was kind of affordable for the people who had the medical marijuana card who needed it. But as soon as it went recreational, all of the medical dispensaries closed down and were forced out of business while the price tripled.

NONE of you potheads tried to stop it. So when you start to whine and cry about how it's for the medicine value, you're all full of crap. You just want legal weed. But as with everything else, you just can't tell the truth.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: gernblan
Wow, you are just so mean and clueless, I just can't even respond...Geez there are a lot of angry ignorant Atsers, anyway...

When a state decide to legalize pot, they tax it, like crazy. It is basically free money as if from out of nowhere. States that legalize pot will have better roads, schools, infrastructure, etc bc now there is $ to pay for it.

However, when the federal government makes it illegal, even when the states legalize it, there is a grey area and it is not safe to produce anymore. There are many good people who went and are probably still in jail bc of this. There is no playbook on how to handle state vs federal govt., not yet at least.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: gernblan

i believe alot of medical mj activists were actually against recreational for that very reason.

I know a guy with SEVERE epilepsy and mj is the only thing that brought it under control after docs decimated his health with meds for 20 years. Since MJ NOT ONE SEIZURE. Not one.

and personally, i think if Trump really wanted to make america great again he would TOTALLY decriminalize MJ at the Federal Level and let the chips fall where they may. The rec price would plummet....people would be planting hemp like our Forefathers did and our nation would become the richest GREEN nation on earth. It would lead to a total green economy in every sense of the word.

Hemp....you can make anything from it....including fuel.......so it would be a never ending source of energy...in fact...the closest thing to FREE energy next to solar and hydro power.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: gernblan
By the way, under our Constitution that you liberals hate so much, the 10th amendment guarantees that the states can always trump (pun intended) federal law just as long as whatever the Federal is trying to pull isn't in the Constitution itself. The only recourse the federal government has is to cut off things like highway funding and now educational funding ( the real reason why the Department of Education was formed in the first place, for leverage.

Now if a particular state was doing what they were supposed to be doing in the first place they wouldn't be needing to suck on the federal nipple as much as they do.

So in the end it really comes down to how much responsibility do you REALLY want to have?

You may hate the Constitution, Live cards, but at the end of the day it's the only thing that could save you. Heaven forbid somebody try to take away Your recreational weed.

Oh one more thing about that, when weed turned medically legal in Washington and Colorado it was kind of affordable for the people who had the medical marijuana card who needed it. But as soon as it went recreational, all of the medical dispensaries closed down and were forced out of business while the price tripled.

NONE of you potheads tried to stop it. So when you start to whine and cry about how it's for the medicine value, you're all full of crap. You just want legal weed. But as with everything else, you just can't tell the truth.

Actually most of the medical dispensaries that I know of are still open and doing great business, and cannabis is way cheaper there than at the recreational dispensaries.

I was in Oregon last year when it became legal for recreational, and the medical shops just opened their doors to everyone, but with cheaper prices if you had a medical card. Can't speak on the medical scene in Colorado because I haven't experienced it personally.

And this isn't just about people wanting to get high, its about sick people, states rights, federal overreach, and the failed war on drugs and our corrupt prison system. Too many lives have been destroyed by the criminalization of an innocuous plant.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

You speak as if this is a done deal. Look buddy...No one is going to make states like Washington repeal the laws on the books already. So unless the DEA have the resources to flood all the states it's legal in (which they don't) then what can they do. Sure they make make some token waves but I doubt any of these dispensaries are closing down...There is too much money at stake for everyone. Even the Fed's...Cause you know no write off for dispensaries so they pay a hefty tax... Considerably more than most if not all other businesses. You're just over reacting cause it has something to do with trump.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Ricky is right, if it can stand alone without govt funding and its making money, I don't think it will be a big issue that needs to be dealt with.

The taxes may be higher on MJ tho. He's gotta find a way to extract as much money as he can to build his wall.
edit on 12-1-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

You speak as if this is a done deal. Look buddy...No one is going to make states like Washington repeal the laws on the books already. So unless the DEA have the resources to flood all the states it's legal in (which they don't) then what can they do. Sure they make make some token waves but I doubt any of these dispensaries are closing down...There is too much money at stake for everyone. Even the Fed's...Cause you know no write off for dispensaries so they pay a hefty tax... Considerably more than most if not all other businesses. You're just over reacting cause it has something to do with trump.

No, I'm reacting to the new AG that's responsible for how the federal laws on cannabis will be enforced going on record saying that people who smoke marijuana are "bad people" and that he'd correct the mistakes made by the Obama administration in how those laws were enforced.

I don't see how much clearer his intentions can be. I'm not content to wait until my livelihood is jerked out from under me before I raise my voice.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Trump speaks out is a$$ and has no real intentions but to make him and his friends richer.

I took his words at face value at first as well but then learned that he only says what people want to hear.

There are idiots out there...he says things to please them...but they are usually lies...and the idiots still believe him.

We will see a lot of this in the next 4 years. Weird i know.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Who's stabbing, you're the one calling a legal industry immoral. BTW, I laugh but dont take kindly to wife trying to tickle me

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I work in the legal cannabis industry. And since Session's comments on the issue of cannabis yesterday, everyone is preparing for the worst.

It's a proven industry that is making money, however it's not being taxed accordingly, so what I see is that worst is higher taxes on the industry.

Your job is safe, but get ready to pay higher taxes.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I work in the legal cannabis industry.

I hate to be the reminder of this (because I disagree with the federal scheduling of cannabis and laws that forbid adults from consuming anything willingly), but there technically is no "legal cannabis industry."

Yes, some states legalized it for either medical or recreational use, and some for both, but that does not negate the reality that it is still an illegal substance at the federal level. The legality at the state level is only because the feds haven't aggressively been pursuing those taking advantage of the new-ish state laws.

But like others have said, it's good to be concerned, but don't count this chicken before it hatches. I don't foresee the federal government spending gobs of money on tracking down and busting everyone in the cannabis industry. I don't think that Trump really cares about it, to be honest with you. And your concern about Sessions' comments--well, I think that Trump is too controlling and narcissistic to let Sessions' concerns drive his legislation or SOP for his executive-branch organizations and what their priorities are.
edit on 12-1-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I hate to be the reminder of this (because I disagree with the federal scheduling of cannabis and laws that forbid adults from consuming anything willingly), but there technically is no "legal cannabis industry."

Yes, some states legalized it for either medical or recreational use, and some for both, but that does not negate the reality that it is still an illegal substance at the federal level. The legality at the state level is only because the feds haven't aggressively been pursuing those taking advantage of the new-ish state laws.

But like others have said, it's good to be concerned, but don't count this chicken before it hatches. I don't foresee the federal government spending gobs of money on tracking down and busting everyone in the cannabis industry. I don't think that Trump really cares about it, to be honest with you. And your concern about Sessions' comments--well, I think that Trump is too controlling and narcissistic to let Sessions' concerns drive his legislation or SOP for his executive-branch organizations and what their priorities are.

I doubt the federal government will have to expend gobs of money or time to take the legal industry down. All it takes are a few well publicized raids and a speech saying what the states aren't allowed to do anymore, and voila. Doors close.

As I've said about 5 times in this thread alone, cannabis CAN'T be made federally legal given existing laws. If the president issued an executive order legalizing cannabis the head of the DEA would be committing a criminal offense and breaking the oath he was sworn into office on by following it.

Its designed that way to prevent legalization of anything that's already been scheduled. Without a complete change of all existing drug laws its not possible.

I don't believe Trump really cares about it either, and that's what makes me nervous.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I doubt the federal government will have to expend gobs of money or time to take the legal industry down. All it takes are a few well publicized raids and a speech saying what the states aren't allowed to do anymore, and voila. Doors close.

As I've said about 5 times in this thread alone, cannabis CAN'T be made federally legal given existing laws. If the president issued an executive order legalizing cannabis the head of the DEA would be committing a criminal offense and breaking the oath he was sworn into office on by following it.

Its designed that way to prevent legalization of anything that's already been scheduled. Without a complete change of all existing drug laws its not possible.

I don't believe Trump really cares about it either, and that's what makes me nervous.

They can still reschedule it if they wanted to.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

In all fairness, he used the word "foresee" - s/he is a "seer". Some slack might be necessary, as evidenced by the many prediction threads here on ATS.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

They can still reschedule it if they wanted to.

Which wouldn't mean anything at all. It would still be illegal and people would still be getting locked in cages with you and every other taxpayer footing the bill.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

You do realize what 'scheduling' a drug means, right? It means the drug is not classified the same way. It could be scheduled to be LEGAL to produce for personal use (like alcohol), or LEGAL for restricted sale, or LEGAL for medical use... and no Attorney General can prosecute anyone for something that is LEGAL under Federal law. I don't care who it is.

Your post sounds like you either don't understand why it's illegal under Federal law, don't understand how law works, or just want a reason to complain about something. That kind of ignorance is exactly why it is scheduled the way it is, and why it is illegal.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
What a double-edged sword.

I don't want to see anyone lose a good job; I don't want to see sick people lose access to a product that eases their suffering; I don't want to see people go to to jail over a little bit o' the ol' devil's lettuce.

I'm a native Portlander though, and I could honestly do without the hordes of proud vice-pushers and dispensaries on every Goddamn street corner. As if we need more vice in Portland! (Well, we've got nothing else to be proud of anymore.) I could do without all the oblivious, rude, starry-eyed, propeller-hat-wearing flunkies and SJWs who've moved here with their caricatured interpretations of "Keep Portland Weird" from all over the Goddamn country. Maybe if cannabis is decriminalized federally some of these assholes will stay home?

But yeah, whatever man. I hope Trump doesn't take yer job, dude.
edit on 12/1/2017 by MiddleInitial because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/1/2017 by MiddleInitial because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I work in the legal cannabis industry. And since Session's comments on the issue of cannabis yesterday, everyone is preparing for the worst.
I'm having a hard time being positive about this.

OBAMA killed my job, so I shifted gears, learned and adapted. You will too. Or, you can move and apply your skills in a country where Marijuana is legal and in demand. That's one beauty of America.. FREEDOM! Good luck!

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Here's a thought:

Dry the tears from your blood-shot eyes and get a real job.

Not very kind is it? what about those people who benefit from that plant?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join