It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rex Tillerson's Tesimony at Confirmation Hearing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

A "Professional Corporate Recruiter"??? Yeah, that doesn't exactly tell me anything or imply that I should trust your opinion about someone though.

It sounds like your a professional at finding sociopaths for Hire for Corporations.

You talk about his thoughtfulness, well he sure didn't think much about victims of war crimes by their own government did he??

How is he the opposite of Trump also???? I don't see that.

Before going on the record throwing around all kinds of accusations, he wanted to better assess while also being cognizant of statements and actions that will best achieve the environment for increased human rights.

He didn't just want to be baited by boy wonder Rubio, but what Rubio needs to recognize that he wasn't saying that he would refrain from calling such nations violators of human rights.

He agreed that if Dertes or whatever his name is, is a killer, then he'll agree with the assessment.

He just wanted to retain his honesty and integrity relative to these issues, without rushing into a whole lot of condemnation.

That's what you would have expected, but he is obviously already considering the implications of his statements, but generally he's been very transparent and honest and straightforward.

I don't quite get your beef, unless you're mischaracterizing it using a dialectical wedge, as a couple of his questioners were trying - typical MSM type bull#, highly politically motivated and biased with an axe grinding.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Rubio has second thoughts and has asked to ask some more questions, but I think he understands now the frame of reference I just pointed out above, which is an important distinction.

Rubio was acting like a kid bully, so it will be interesting what he comes out with next..

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I agree Rubio came off like he had an axe to grind for sure. But more than once Tillerson seemed to be play a little game of "well I can't say anything until I have more information" kind of thing even when extra information wasn't needed to answer the question.

He didn't seem to have any principled answer about some questions. His loyalties seemed to be questionable as well. Sure he might say "My attention is toward the American People" but words are cheap.

Especially when you consider as head of Exxon and the scandals Exxon has been a part of over the years. I mean I have a hard time believing that people in general are a concern of his regardless of who they are.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Tillerson was good, he basically said Russia isnt our enemy, but they aren't our friends.

What more do you want?

You want him to condemn Russia and call for a nuclear conflict?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

I didn't say I wanted anything. Perhaps a better answer from the Sec. of State of "Sh*t Happens" when talking about War Crimes committed about citizens of their own country maybe. I don't think that is too much to ask.

Why is everything so hostile?? What do you work for the guy or something???

I'm just talking about his testimony. Is that ok??? I didn't realize I had to have a certain opinion about it.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
RUBIO!

More deferential...?

Nope.

He's engaging...

He's good!

And CNN's Report? LOL

Errrr...maybe not so fast..

edit on 11-1-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The TORTURE question?!

Agrees with what the others have said, presumably - no to torture.

Trump was/is WRONG on torture.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Question about oil from foreign countries. I don't think he understood where the questioner was coming from, ie: if you can tell Saudi Arabia, we don't need your oil, then that's one heck of a lot of leverage, but maybe he doesn't want to be drawn into that kind of conversation in an open forum on the record..

Oh what could be done with Saudi Arabia, if the US no longer needed it's oil.. !

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Now the point is being driven home with questions about Saudi actions ie: using cluster bombs.

He really missed the point of the last line of questioning..

Now it's coming back to it's original presume, so now he understands perhaps..

This has been so interesting..

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Really?? The parts I watched I thought he did horrible.

When he was asked about War Crimes and about Putin. His answer was basically "Hey, Sh*t Happens to those who try and fight for their Freedom. They should have expected it."

There was like zero f*cks given to the idea that the people (citizens) who were fighting for Freedom were met with illegal military style attacks by their own Government in return. Clear War Crime actions and he didn't even seem to understand the question!!! He was viewing it like a typical sociopath that didn't understand what the problem was.

But I'm sure he'll get accepted for that very same reason. That's just the guy they're looking for. Hopefully he's not in charge of your safety.

This is the one most bigoted and ignorant post you have made. Tillerson was very professional in his answer he was not privy to the classified documentation regarding the alleged "War Crimes" . Rex held himself as a professional and Lil Marco Rubio the Rube came off as stupid and childish

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
This was the first chance I have had to observe Tillerson, he was very impressive. He came off knowledgeable and in command. Certainly I would much rather him leading our foreign policy than John "James Taylor" Kerry.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Kerry is too wild-eyed for great diplomacy.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Adjourned until tomorrow! Bang!

open mic..!!!! nothing juicy.. oh well.

Whoever was chairing the meeting noted some of the things that that I was mentioning. They're not used to someone handling themselves with such strong decorum in that kind of environment and here he is an outsider.

For many I think it's taking the perplexing and unknown nature of the inarticulate and somewhat clownish presentation and persona of Trump, out of it, and alleviating a lot of concerns regarding how a Trump administration would be representing itself on the world stage and in the global context.

I think many of them are saying to themselves - I can work with this guy and he's expressed a great deal of openness and willingness to listen and learn, with an already well established and rather impression knowledge base.

P.S. I love how Americans say the word - important.

G'night ya'll, eh?

Be blessed.

Ankh

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I see. So now I'm bigoted and ignorant because your opinion is different than mine.

Pretty much the attitude I expect around here.

I agree Rubio did come off looking bad. Like he had an axe to grind and was trying to push for a certain answer. I mentioned that earlier myself.

Well, good chat.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

It took me a few days but I watched the entire hearing. Mr Tillerson is very smart and knowledgeable and I agree with your assessment of him.

edit on 1/13/2017 by Alien Abduct because: Corrected the auto corrector

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

a reply to: GodEmperor

I didn't say I wanted anything. Perhaps a better answer from the Sec. of State of "Sh*t Happens" when talking about War Crimes committed about citizens of their own country maybe. I don't think that is too much to ask.

Why is everything so hostile?? What do you work for the guy or something???

I'm just talking about his testimony. Is that ok??? I didn't realize I had to have a certain opinion about it.

Is he wrong? If you live in country like Russia or Cuba and you try to stand up for freedom the government there might kill you right?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

It took me a few days but I watched the entire hearing. Mr Tillerson is very smart and knowledgeable and I agree with your assessment of him.

I don't have the link to the article, but CNN said that his conduct was "shaky" which is just the opposite of what it actually was. More fake news.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

I don't have the link to the article, but CNN said that his conduct was "shaky" which is just the opposite of what it actually was. More fake news.

I believe you, CNN is but a joke anymore. The senators were all even complimenting him on his poise and stamina. I was actually impressed by not only his detailed knowledge of every major thing going on in the world but also the eloquence of his replies.

The guy is great, I really liked his views, his values and the way he showed strength by not caving even once. He didn't come across as arrogant but smart, assertive and humble.

As boring as a meeting like that would seem, I actually enjoyed watching every bit of it. I liked answering their questions my self then listening to Mr. Tillerson to compare his responses to mine. Nearly all of mine were spot on with his except he worded the answers much better than I would have.

The guy is sharp as a tac, most of the senators mentioned they look forward to working with him, I'm looking forward to him doing the job.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

What I like about all this is that it makes it possible that real change is taking place.

Let me put it this way, to make the point from a socio-psychological POV.

We all remember what the world was like before 9/11.

This kind of change can take us to that place, yet fully informed, so it's the place we once were but from a high point or vista on the mountaintop looking both back, in hindsight and forward in a spirit that is prescient because it's so well informed.

We're wide awake many of us, and it would seem that divine providence and history itself is on our side, and that's real power, particularly when the insight and the ingenuity and performance of the individual, and his/her voice is heard and listened to.

We're weaving a tapestry, and they've lost the single thread that their whole narrative hangs by.

Maybe we won't completely be able to get the black thread out of it, but when we know it's there and can see it, when it can be clearly perceived and distinguished and differentiated, relative to the magnificent, multicolored, multifaceted garment that is humanity and the true nature of the human being as child of God, then something fundamental has been altered where it may be said that - meaning and context is decisive (if it's true to reality).

This is something that I see Trump and his people beginning to grasp, and strangely, it comes only when they pay attention and listen to the likes of me, and you, and all at ATS and Alex Jones and his listeners - US. Trump seems to understand this, and is beginning to do something that I would call, holding the space, or generating the domain of possibility wherein it might not even be out of the realm of possible that indeed America might become great again, with the Republic Restored to her former glory, and the people crossing a royal arch into a new pasture straight into the light of Liberty as a wholly authentic model of Civilized progress.

Authenticity and being true to principals before personalities, or to Christ as the principal personified, that's the stuff of legends.

Trump will not and cannot live up to this expectation and ideal of course, but it's still fun to consider as a possibility including the possibility that by some miracle he and his people read ATS where the heart and mind of the Trump phenomenon secretly lives.

A Short Prayer

May God cause his countenance to rise up and shine down upon us, and may He bless us, and forgive us, and may He and his light of life and love, guide us, into a era not of falsehoods and lies and deceptions, but of truth and reality, and there, in the twinkling of an eye set about building a new world of our own making that we are each at some level responsible for, to live into, for ourselves and our fellow man and for the cause of love, the one same cause of Jesus Christ son of God who it pleased to share his eternal kingdom with all his children, so that the glory might be ours. Amen.

edit on 14-1-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join