It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC is a Major Owner of Buzzfeed !!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
As a sideshow, we can explore the now famous Buzzfeed/CNN debacle with a little more thought.

Looks like NBC has been putting big money into Buzzfeed !!!

Not surprising is it.

An interesting spider web of ilk and silk.

Aug 2015 article....
NBCUniversal Invests $200 Million in BuzzFeed

Comcast’s NBCUniversal said it will make a $200 million equity investment in social-driven media company BuzzFeed, as part of the Peacock’s efforts to reach younger, digital-native consumers.

The announcement comes a week after NBCU said it was investing $200 million in digital publisher Vox Media.

NBCU and BuzzFeed said that as part of the investment, which brings BuzzFeed to nearly $300 million raised to date and values the company at around $1.5 billion, the companies will explore strategic partnerships in the coming months. “We look forward to collaborating on television content, movies, the Olympics, and joint partnerships with ad agencies and brands,” BuzzFeed exec chairman Ken Lerer said in announcing the pact.

and more recently ...
NBCUniversal Continues Its Creeping Takeover of BuzzFeed

BuzzFeed may be the quintessential digital-media company, but it looks increasingly like it will wind up being a subsidiary of Comcast-owned media and entertainment behemoth NBCUniversal.

According to multiple reports, NBC is close to investing another $200 million in the company. Both the Wall Street Journal and Recode say the investment is being finalized now, and that it will value BuzzFeed at about $1.7 billion.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
They need a proxy outlet now more than ever.

Thanks for letting everyone know.

Damn the MSM, full internet steam ahead.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
NBC is a Major Owner of Buzzfeed !!

All the news that's fit to print!

Hell even if we don't have any we'll make snip up!

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It's lucky then, that Buzzfeed has said that these reports remain unverified then, right?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I'm not sure why we're supposed to care. Is there proof somewhere that Buzzfeed or NBC are fake news or something?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

It's lucky then, that Buzzfeed has said that these reports remain unverified then, right?

So then why did they report on it then?

Sorry, Buzzfeed is irrelevant just like CNN! They allowed their biased opinions to take the place of truthful journalism and ran with it because in their eyes it was click worthy! I got burnt a few times on ATS posting things that were proved to be the same BS Buzzfeed and CNN just got burnt for! Guess what? I research and verify as much as I can from those embarrassing moments! It should be a given for those who make money off of reporting to do the same! Don't ya think?

I

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This is fantastic.

We can nuke Buzzfeed and NBC will get cancer from the fallout.

I have hated seeing the media corps morph into one giant talking head over the last couple of decades, but now it's looking more and more like it's going to cost them. The whole "putting all of your eggs in one basket" thing might blow up in their faces.

It's like a David and Goliath story playing out in excruciatingly slow motion. I can't wait to watch them fall.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Perhaps you can post some proof?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I'm not sure why we're supposed to care.

Cause NBC and Buzzfeed is a billionaire corporate oligarchy.

For the last six years someone been saying they 'bad'.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

LOL... do tell what Trumps businesses are. Keep your word salad, NBC is not the government.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I disagree respectfully. It's because of the BuzzFeed reporting that allowed us to see just how pathetic things are getting in the intelligence communities.

intelligence communities...."intelligence" ....hmm

Suddenly we have ourselves an oxymoron.

I'd really like to know what Vince Foster knew about the Whitewater event.

Just like we all want the truth with the WMD nonsense, it's games upon games.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

LOL... do tell what Trumps businesses are

Same thing CLintons are.

Doh!

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

A fascist is one whose lust for money or power is combined with such an intensity of intolerance toward those of other racesparties classesreligions cultures regions or nations as to make him ruthless in his use of deceit or violence to attain his ends. ~ Henry Wallace

Certainly describes Trump critics,CNN, and Buzzfeed to a T.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

It's curious. Did NBC try to take out their competition? Was CNN baited? Trump has close ties to NBC. His comments tanked CNN's stock. I'd like a tick tock on it and also a list of who sold their stock yesterday or this morning.

ETA: Somewhere on ATS is a graph of what the CNN stock did post Trump's comments today.
edit on 1/11/2017 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Lol! Direct hit man. You sank the battleship!

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Wow, that much money for a clickbait site like BuzzFeed? I'm surprised by that.

A site with bait that is so bad I had to paint out part of it.

I don't think I'd ever take that site seriously.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Right I was thinking the same thing when I read the article. I had to block Buzzfeed from my feeds because of the degenerate trash they push to normalize. I couldn't go a few minutes without seeing crap like "This is why cheating is healthy for your marriage.", and "How my cat's latent misogyny drove me over the edge."

This kind of programming is so over the top that it makes us counter in the same over the top fashion.

Still 1.5 billion valuation for a steaming pile of crap. That made me cringe on its own merit.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

This was being linked around Twitter.

edit on 11-1-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit
Wow, I've never been turned on by a graph before...... Hehehe.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: kosmicjack

This was being linked around Twitter.

Now that my freinds- give me hope.
Finally we have a president who takes no prisoners. I watched the press release today, and was laughing like a loon when he stuffed the shills repeatedly.
Love it!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join