It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain's Role in the CNN/Buzzfeed Attempted Burn Job On Trump

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Just wanted to put for some thoughts for consideration.

Christopher Steele, Ex-British Intelligence Officer, Said to Have Prepared Dossier on Trump

Ok, so Steele has good credentials and hands McCain, a Trump enemy, a dossier that potentially could ruin Trump's career.

Andrew Wordsworth, co-founder of London-based investigations firm Raedas, who often works on Russian issues, said the memos in the Trump dossier were “not convincing at all.”

I wonder if McCain is the leak? CNN claims it was leaked by multiple IC members. I doubt it. Why would the IC leak garbage?

I would not be surprised if McCain gave the story to CNN who handed it to Buzzfeed. Come on, the IC giving something to Buzzfeed? CNN claims journalistic integrity because the did not show the dossier and lets Buzzfeed take the heat.

Story dated Oct.3, 2016:

CNN hires BuzzFeed's 'K-File' investigative team

The hire is a big loss for BuzzFeed News, as Kaczynski's team gave the organization some of its most noteworthy election scoops throughout 2016. The loss also comes after BuzzFeed News editor in chief Ben Smith and CNN head Jeff Zucker spoke critically of each others' news operations following Zucker's comments that BuzzFeed was not a “legitimate” news operations.

Did Buzzfeed think CNN was throwing them a peace offering bone when CNN had scapegoat in mind?

Any thoughts?

edit on 1/11/2017 by sad_eyed_lady because: add something

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: sad_eyed_lady

I had made a comment in another thread of a comment I picked up on another site I found intresting . I didnt know about the issues behind the scene and thought it might add to your thread

One aspect to follow is the controversy over Buzzfeed's decision to publish the actual documents, wikileak's style -- the source documents are available so that what is written ABOUT these documents can be verified ... without Buzzfeed's brave act (which is being second-guessed and criticized) we'd have to take CNN's word. I'm not certain that CNN would have had a monopoly / "exclusive" on the story and/or how Buzzfeed got their copy (one leak / one leaker or two). Atlantic harrumphs. Atlantic says that Buzzfeed "violated a fundamental principle" by publishing unverified documents -- however, the other argument is that these documents ARE the story.... in fact, that they are reportedly unverifiable (the poor sourcing provided BY the documents being part of the story) is a large part of the story ... by making them public, the details can be directly addressed -- corroborated or refuted -- in ways otherwise impossible if kept discretely "for authorized eyes only" ... (so far, no one seems very interested in exactly who actually leaked to CNN) Posted by: Susan Sunflower | Jan 11, 2017 8:26:22 AM | 6 www.moonofalabama.org

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

(so far, no one seems very interested in exactly who actually leaked to CNN)

Exactly!

I believe CNN framed the IC as their source to cover McCain's arse. How can the IC defend itself against this claim?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
UH OH... things are getting overly complicated again. Is the thread we're now viewing, related to this one?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
And to add to the confusion ..........

NBCUniversal Invests $200 Million in BuzzFeed

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

WOAHWO!

And like BuzzFeed didn't collaborate with CNN on the whole release thing.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Pointing out this is just a distraction whilst they start ww3 is off topic?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Well Mc Cain you've done it again....geopolitics.co...

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
McCain is scum. He needs to go down, down to the firing squad range for being a traitor who employs Al Qaeda in the destruction of Syria.

If there were any doubts that the Neocon's really do have it in for Trump this about seals it, which by the way I never noticed any threads in the site here from when Trump punked Romney recently, had him do the walk of shame and everything is my understanding:

edit on 11-1-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
UH OH... things are getting overly complicated again. Is the thread we're now viewing, related to this one?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I missed that thread. Thanks for pointing it out. I will read it shortly.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Considering what happened today that was a bad investment.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
RT has a vid out on this and Max Kaiser lets loose :>)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

WOAHWO!

And like BuzzFeed didn't collaborate with CNN on the whole release thing.

CNN taught Donna Brazil how to "collaborate". Then canned her azz for collaborating.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Looks like my idea that McCain was solely behind this can be tossed out the window. He claims to be the guy that delivered the trash when it was delivered long before mid-November

The BS is hitting the fan in DC.
The dossier was circulating in August!
Schumer warns Trump a week ago.
Reid knows FBI has alleged dirt on Trump a half a month before McCain gives Comey dossier.

In October, Mother Jones magazine described how a former Western spy — assigned to look into Trump's Russian ties for a private American firm — had presented his findings to the FBI in August.

But Washington reporter Carl Bernstein says former British ambassador to Moscow handed it to McCain Ambassador has not been named - and author of report also gave to FBI agent he knew at its station in Rome months ago Report was apparently paid for first BY Republican enemies of Trump then by Democrats Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... d-collect-it.html#ixzz4VVnhc7vI Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

In October, then-Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid wrote to the FBI asking it to publicly disclose what it knew about any Trump campaign ties to Russia. "It has become clear that you possess explosive information about close ties and coordination between Donald Trump, his top advisers, and the Russian government — a foreign interest openly hostile to the United States, which Trump praises at every opportunity. The public has a right to know this information," Reid wrote on Oct. 30.

get this:

He said he learned of the information from FBI Director Jim Comey and from other top U.S. national security officials. It wasn't immediately clear how much Reid knew specifically of the compromising information versus Russian hacking activity in general.

Bernstein told CNN: 'It came from a former British MI6 agent who was hired from a political opposition research firm in Washington who was doing work about Donald Trump for both republican and democratic candidates opposed to Trump. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... d-collect-it.html#ixzz4VVkGC9Na Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Trump conducts his own sting operation to ensnare intelligence briefers – and says he caught them leaking Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

O'Reilly said the reason they are doing this is because any ties to Russia will disqualify him for POTUS.

Looks like it's rabbit on the run time for Dems, Repubs, the Intelligence Community and the MSM trying to cover everyone's arse.

Personally, it looks like firing squad time.

Who can he trust?

If "they" take Trump out imagine the chaos.

Personally, I don't think they will. The jig is up. The evil has begin exposed.

edit on 1/11/2017 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

top topics

join