It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman jailed for racist Facebook video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This is an important story that probably no one here is aware of. I am pretty liberal, though I consider myself a moderate, but this is too extreme in my opinion. There's a lot of debate about whether we should have hate crime laws, but when you interpret those to mean you can criminalize people for saying something negative about any group of people then that is too far. This mean that basically anyone can be prosecuted for saying anything that the police or prosecutors don't like, which is dangerous.

www.seattletimes.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
she wasn`t jailed for a racist facebook video she was jailed and charged with malicious harassment because she followed the person and threatened the person by telling them that she was going to ram their vehicle with hers.

apparently she was harassing the people because weeks earlier she tried to pass them in a no passing zone and lost control of her car and crashed. she blamed them for the crash even though she received a ticket for passing in a no passing zone.
the woman sounds a little bit whacko to me.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

you failed to provide the real reason why she was jailed...

On the video, Jametski blames one of Dolores’ children for causing a car accident a year earlier, though police records show Jametski was at fault for the crash. But the rant took an even darker turn when she allegedly threatened to ram Dolores’ SUV, questioned her immigration status and made expletive-laced references to having her deported, charging papers say. Dolores, 44, and her husband are originally from Mexico. The Seattle Times has agreed not to publish Dolores’ last name to protect her family’s privacy and because she is the alleged victim of a crime.....

Jailed since Dec. 3, Jametski — who also goes by the name Sandra Huddleson — is being held in lieu of $500,000 bail. The unusually high amount is based, in part, on Jametski’s criminal history that includes convictions for second-degree assault and driving under the influence, said Senior Deputy Prosecutor Mike Hogan. But the high bail was also warranted because Jamet­ski’s actions amounted to “an attack on the entire Latino community,” said Hogan, who has been prosecuting hate crimes for 30 years. Jametski pleaded not guilty to the malicious-harassment charge at her arraignment Dec. 15

oh and this..

But the rant took an even darker turn when she allegedly threatened to ram Dolores’ SUV, questioned her immigration status and made expletive-laced references to having her deported, charging papers say.

Later that night, though, a friend sent Dolores a link to a Facebook page that appears to belong to Jametski.

“She knew our house, she knew our cars, she knew where my brother goes to school,” said Dolores’ daughter, Adriana, 21. “She seemed to have a personal vendetta against everyone in our family. We just felt really threatened and scared and just didn’t feel safe.”

“That’s what made my husband afraid,” Dolores continued. “She doesn’t want to do something herself; she wants to involve other people who don’t like Hispanics.”

Adriana called 911.

edit on 11-1-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Clearly that woman is mentally ill! For Christ's sake she was crying while being upset a Spanish person (her words) upset her over their driving.

I mean how is saying "Spanish privilege" is hate speech while our institutions of hire learning have courses on "White privilege"????

#MAGA

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

And this is why we say no to drugs, mmmkay. Got what she deserved if you ask me, can't stand people like her.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
While the video was a bit much and with a certain racist slant it is not the reason for her arrest. The video provided a way for the prosecution to charge her with a "hate crime". The reason she was arrested was because she choose to follow her neighbor and then confront her rather angrily which is considered harassment.

I am a bit unsure of our current "hate crime" laws as the crimes committed are already a crime in most cases so no need for a new law to cover it. Perhaps when it comes to a sentence judgement that the reason the crime was committed could be a factor, if hate was the reason then throw the book at them but a whole new law...maybe not.

This lady is more than off, and she should have been arrested for following and confronting someone and then making threats but she should be allowed to voice her opinions but don't be stupid and act on rage.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

questioned her immigration status and made expletive-laced references to having her deported

Not nice, but should that be a jailable offense?? A lot of people here have said much, much worse things. Should we all be imprisoned?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

questioned her immigration status and made expletive-laced references to having her deported

Not nice, but should that be a jailable offense?? A lot of people here have said much, much worse things. Should we all be imprisoned?

She should be jailed for threatening to ram the other car with her vehicle.
She sounds like a very violent person. I am glad that she isn't my neighbor.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I agree that charging her with a hate crime is taking it too far.

However, I cannot have a lot of sympathy for a person who had the bright idea of sharing it on facebook.

This is what you get when you have a facebook.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

under Washington state law it does meet the criteria for a hate crime.

from the article:

Under state law, malicious harassment is defined as intentionally injuring, damaging property or threatening someone because of his or her perception of the victim’s race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or mental, physical or sensory handicap.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

She's got issues...most of them mental health

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Not just saying it but when you follow someone from their home to a school and then say it and threaten to ram their vehicle, then perhaps it is time to be charged. People have said worse and have certainly written worse but when you basically stalk a person and then say those types of things and threaten them to boot then you have crossed a line.
edit on 1/11/2017 by DJMSN because: correction

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

You're liberal, so you should be supportive of this measure.

It's also interesting that you failed to mention the real reason she was arrested.

What are your motives for this?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Well, she was kind enough to share her mind with us.

Nice to know.

I'll steer clear of her if I see her on the highway.

I might forget to use my turning lights when changing lanes.

She might then think I'm Hispanic, and chase me around the town.

Gotta praise her for warning all of us, that she is out there "watching".

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
there are crappy people of all colors, faiths and walks of life! this lady seems to have anger issues and i hope she can get some help before she ends up in jail on a more serious charge.
edit on 11-1-2017 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Mexican is not a race or color.

Only racists have a stereotype of mexicans as race.

Mexican is a nationality composed of many races.

The article does not even claim racism occurred. You made that part up.

edit on 11-1-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Sounds like she was a loose cannon, when threats of violence occur..the line has been crossed.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
She was caught in time before she hurt someone, good for her being so egotistical so share such a video that gave that all away.

Charging documents say Jametski continued recording as she confronted the neighbor at the school. Prosecutors say Jametski blamed one of the woman's children for causing a car accident a year earlier, though police records show Jametski was at fault.
SPi
Instead of stalking, attacking, committing a hate crime against her, should have tried to do something about that said unfair claim legally.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Crazy people. There are millions here in America and it's only getting worse. You can't threaten and harass people, then expect to get sympathy with the "those people are privileged" card. Yes, plenty of minorities get away with this every day here too, but it's dumb as hell. I hope this nonsense ends soon.
edit on 12-1-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

This is an important story that probably no one here is aware of. I am pretty liberal, though I consider myself a moderate, but this is too extreme in my opinion. There's a lot of debate about whether we should have hate crime laws, but when you interpret those to mean you can criminalize people for saying something negative about any group of people then that is too far. This mean that basically anyone can be prosecuted for saying anything that the police or prosecutors don't like, which is dangerous.

www.seattletimes.com...

The lady wasn't arrested for making a racist live post...the racist live post was evidence that she was threatening the Hispanic lady and her family.

new topics

top topics

join