It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Played Like a Fiddle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It's quite stunning how the prevailing social discourse (the "talk of the town") is so easily manipulated by the media, made possible by a completely naive and apathetic public. I think I last posted about a week or so ago, and everyone was ranting and raving about "fake news"--arguing about who's engaging in it, what the term actually means, etc.

And you're all still at it. Running your mouths about the same aspects of the same damn topic, having convinced no one of anything. The media picks the "issues" they want you to be preoccupied with, beat you over the head with them for a few days, and then you do the rest for them, unwittingly perpetuating their own nonsense in your sociopathic quest to be "right"--about ideas that weren't even yours in the first place.

Once this one has run it's course, they'll pick something else for you to be divided about, pound it into your brains, and let social media run amok with the inevitable self-saturation to keep you occupied for another couple of weeks while the same players destroy your lives and taunt you while doing it.

You're like Sheep of Rhetoric, everything you discuss being hand-picked for you and force-fed to you until you've been tricked into enjoying it. You'll call it "debate", of course.

You'll just obsess over "fake news" until they stick some other deliberately (and needlessly) incendiary bulls# "issue" in front of your face and wiggle it around for another couple weeks, then change it up again, rinse and repeat.

Seriously. Take a step back from ATS and social media for a few days and it becomes embarrassingly obvious how everything you think about has been chosen for you before you even wake up in the morning.

I dunno. If you get what I'm saying, then you get it. If not, well... baaaa-aaaa-aaaa.

/rant
edit on 1/11/17 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Don't worry there will as always be another mass shooting on a Friday again. Why I dunno, that just how MK Ultra and the CIA roll.
edit on 1 11 2017 by Naturallywired because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I feel like I've been played like one of those weird Blue Man Group instruments.
A fiddle sounds nice.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Got my S&F.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Naturallywired
Don't worry there will as always be another mass shooting on a Friday again. Why I dunno, that just how MK Ultra and the CIA roll.

Ain't that the truth?

O.P - We're being played like a Stradivarius. Many won't believe it.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

When haven't we been played?

Actually curious.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

At least a Stradivarius sounds good, though. This clusterf# is badly intonated, out of tune and in the wrong key.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

When haven't we been played?

Actually curious.

We never haven't been played.

Ever since I never was ever played, it was then I knew I had been played.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

At least a Stradivarius sounds good, though. This clusterf# is badly intonated, out of tune and in the wrong key.

It's like some deaf person has got hold of Beethoven's 9th sympathy and ran with it.
edit on 11/1/17 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Touche. But they don't even attempt to be sly about it anymore. They've rightly concluded that we're either too stupid to notice or just don't care.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Yep, that sums it up pretty well.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

You speak the truth. Your OP should be applauded, seriously. I sincerely hope that more people start to see that truth. The apparent inability of the people in this country to see what is happening right in front of them is profoundly disturbing...and disheartening. I have begun to truly fear for the future of this nation...so easily deceived...and so easily divided.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Thank you! You said and described what I've been seeing beautifully.

The media manipulates a good portion of this sites most active members, it's so blatantly obvious that they are furthering the agenda of the establishment by arguing over things that do not affect their lives in the slightest way, being outraged over everything the media says or does.

Their distrust of the media is being used against them to incite hate and division among the people. All the while those who have always screwed us over (the elites) make their moves unabated with no spotlight on them.

People need to wake up to what's going on before it's too late.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Nevermind.
edit on 1/11/2017 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
a reply to: DBCowboy

Touche. But they don't even attempt to be sly about it anymore. They've rightly concluded that we're either too stupid to notice or just don't care.

Agreed.

I think the masks have come off for the most part and either we're expected to be deceived or they don't care if we aren't.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Love this!

Best thing my wife and I (and family) ever did was take a step outside the hamster-wheel...

We both gave up our high-pressure (sure, highly paid too) jobs, sold our house, sold up pretty much everything and moved away from our capital city...to become dairy farmers in the isolated middle of nowhere...

Wasn't easy at first - but got easier with time - now we can't believe we so readily danced the dance of some other organ-grinder...despite both of us being extremely strong-willed people not known for kowtowing to anyone or anything...

If you see something long enough it becomes all you see...
...change what you see and how you see it...

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
S*F

Couldn't be more accurate.

Whilst we play in the pit, they ivory towers stay clean.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Whatever happened to "pics or it didnt happen" for the internet? Lol. I guess intelligence agencies get a pass on that?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Once this one has run it's course, they'll pick something else for you to be divided about, pound it into your brains, and let social media run amok with the inevitable self-saturation to keep you occupied for another couple of weeks while the same players destroy your lives and taunt you while doing it.

A tear comes to my eye when I read a paragraph containing this much truth and logic.

Back around 2006 when I started lurking around this site, it was a much different feeling atmosphere on ATS. Or maybe it was just me that was different back then. You could agree or disagree with a post and still be civil about it. About 7-8 years ago, I started noticing more and more people responding aggressively to anything critical of their beliefs.

Facts are ignored as emotions and feelings take center stage now. Even when you can find a good thread on here with some good points and discussions its only a page or two in before it quickly devolves into a schoolyard shouting match with people putting themselves in one tribe or another. That is exactly the reason I started coming to websites like ATS in the first place, to discuss things happening in the world with people who actually question the verbal crap the pretty people on TV force feed us all. Now its just as bad here as everywhere else. Labels and the tribalist mindset are the normal.

And nobody seems to notice. Nobody seems to care. Everyone will go on pretending like they are never going to die and the days will just keep coming. They will keep arguing over left/right while the real people in power keep robbing the bank and laughing about how stupid we all are. People are happy in their ignorance. Sometimes knowing things is scary, much better to just believe what you want about the world and tell anyone who thinks differently than you that they are stupid/wrong. The fool shuts his ears and opens his mouth, and my God I never thought that behavior would be so prevalent today. Critical thinking has gone right out the window, and been replaced by, "How does this make you feel?" Like anyone in the world really cares.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I haven't seen any fake news on Fox, all they do is bash Trump and call out the hypocrisies of the left, which is a full time job.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join