It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Real Dummy! Major Loser, Zero Credibility!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Star for the funny

Not enough caplocks for it have been the (tm) Real Drumph

Somebody earlier whinged about OP's threads being OVER STARRED AND OVER FLAGGED, and ther's bots in them webs momma

Well, guess what ...
;@)

Whoever you are,
a big THANK YOU
but no star
noooohn

YOU. TAUGHT. ME.
something
YOURE A GREAT PERSON

I NOW know for a FACT
that the OP's threads being rated
GETS UNDER YOUR SKIN

I will freely, willfully, ABUNDANTLY
continue to star and flag the OP
bacause it makes you so SAD

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Damiel

I. JUST. STARRED it
too
IF. IT. MAKES
you feel
ANY. BETTER.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth
The caps wern't for you

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Why do people have such a problem with your threads. I am a Trump supporter, and I have zero problem your posts. What do my fellow Trump supporters on ATS want, a circle jerk of just pro trump threads? Some of your threads I think are great, others I disagree with. But either way, if I get tired of these threads, I just won't read them.

My guess is that it has something to do with the fact that you're a rational human being who made a reasoned decision to vote for Trump because you judged him to be the better of two choices and you're hoping that he'll do a better job and if nothing else, shake things up.

There are others who went in hard for the Trump cult of personality. Not only are the unwilling to hear critical opinions, they don't even want those critical opinions to be voiced.

Having said that, I guess people have the right to criticize you if they want for these threads, I just will chose to focus on the substance.

They're free to say whatever they want within T&C of course and I wouldn't have it any other way. Ironically, not only doesn't it bother me, attempting to somehow bully me into silence only inspires me to be more vocal.

I guess you have a point on this thread. Trump can be whiney, and threatening libel suits is mostly dumb.

And then him being sued for libel does seem to have a sort of funny irony to it.

But I just don't think this is ground breaking or all that important. I supported Trump, and I know he can be childish and hypocritical on things.

The term "gaslighting" has been used a lot recently and while I personally find it to be a good term for some of what has been happening, I think it misses the larger picture. In my opinion, the bar was set low for Donald Trump and cotinuously lowered to the point that we've normalized behavior that in different circumstances would have stopped his run on the White House early on.

This has been done through the repeated assertion that "he's not a politician" and he's "not politically correct" (he's "plain spoken") etc. The idea being that we can't judge him by the same standards as well... anyone else. So not only have we lowered our expectations of him as "not a politician" but trying to hold him to familiar standards is "unfair" and anyone who even tries to do so can be dismissed as picking on him.

Now we've been conditioned to the point where he's not even in office yet and his behavior is only judged relative to his own past behavior. To me, that's why this doesn't seem like a big deal. Donald Trump is only held to the standard of Donald Trump. Imagine this tweet:

The President of the United States of America using his bully pulpit to make a competely false, defamatory statement about a member of the public? Calling that person "a real dummy!" and doing it because that person had the audacity to express an opinion? Let's consider how Obama's critics have hounded this statement:

"When I think about this boy, I think about my own kids," Obama said in the Rose Garden. "I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this. And that everybody pull together."

*heads explode* HOW DARE THIS KENYAN MUSLIM TRAITOR WHO SHOULD BE IN PRISON say "every parent in America should be able to understand" why it's imperative to investigate! "Everybody pull together?#@@$@!" what a divisive monster!

"My main message is to the parents of Trayvon Martin. You know, if I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon," Obama said. "All of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves."

OH SURE! BLAME WHITEY?! "All of us as Americans?!" What a race pimp!

So yes, as much as I know that buzzwords are offputting, I do believe we've been gaslighted.

What I think saying that ignores is the state of affairs brought about by our political leaders have made it possible for this to happen. They set the whole thing in motion by orchestrating such a s#show and failing to act primarily in the interest of the people, before themselves, their parties, lobbyists, big money donors, etc and also through their strategies of hyperpolarization. Then again, we all fall for it to some degree so maybe we're all to blame.

edit on 2017-1-12 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
A couple more examples of this constant push to lower the bar.

Politico - Conway: Judge Trump by what's in his heart, not what comes out of his mouth

“You have to listen to what the president-elect has said about that. Why don't you believe him? Why is everything taken at face value?” she asked anchor Chris Cuomo. “You can't give him the benefit of the doubt on this and he's telling you what was in his heart? You always want to go by what's come out of his mouth rather than look at what's in his heart.

Esquire - A Trump Surrogate Drops the Mic: 'There's No Such Thing as Facts'

"Well, I think it's also an idea of an opinion. And that's—on one hand, I hear half the media saying that these are lies. But on the other half, there are many people that go, 'No, it's true.' And so one thing that has been interesting this entire campaign season to watch, is that people that say facts are facts—they're not really facts. Everybody has a way—it's kind of like looking at ratings, or looking at a glass of half-full water. Everybody has a way of interpreting them to be the truth, or not truth. There's no such thing, unfortunately, anymore as facts"

"And so Mr. Trump's tweet, amongst a certain crowd—a large part of the population—are truth. When he says that millions of people illegally voted, he has some—amongst him and his supporters, and people believe they have facts to back that up. Those that do not like Mr. Trump, they say that those are lies and that there are no facts to back it up."

No Scottie Nell Hughes, facts are facts and opinions are opinions. When Trump said in Tweet that "she begged us for a job" that wasn't an opinion that happened to be wrong, that was a bald-faced lie — a deliberate misrepresentation of something that was not factual as a fact.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Trump is done. Impeach him. He has to go. Let the Republicans finish this one out and we can have another go at it in 4 years. That's all I can say. Trump must go.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Are you sure you want to do this?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
Trump is done. Impeach him. He has to go. Let the Republicans finish this one out and we can have another go at it in 4 years. That's all I can say. Trump must go.

Only two impeachments in history and zero senate convictions.
Assuming a majority of the House could be pulled together to impeach, 2/3 of the Senate is then required to convict.
Is this what you think is going to happen? Based on what?
If you were lobbying congressmen initially, how would you persuade them? What grounds?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy

Only two impeachments in history and zero senate convictions.
Assuming a majority of the House could be pulled together to impeach, 2/3 of the Senate is then required to convict.
Is this what you think is going to happen? Based on what?
If you were lobbying congressmen initially, how would you persuade them? What grounds?

Don't worry about it. You're not an American and American citizens don't answer to foreigners regarding our own government.

The grounds are that Trump is an embarassment to America, has flouted the ethics that make this country what it is, and his corrosive character has brought about near anarchy in our government. He is destructive. He's done. I've never wanted a president out. Never. Trump is done.
edit on 12-1-2017 by BrokedownChevy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
To simplify things

The people who run the shop
do absolutely not want
the new manager

*as promised s&f*
edit on 12/1/17 by Damiel because: s&f for snarkkyness

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damiel
To simplify things

The people who run the shop
do absolutely not want
the new manager

*as promised s&f*

Exactly

No one wants Trump. Lowest approval ratings and sinking fast. Get this clown out. Anything less is insulting to the American people.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

I find it interesting that there are few threads lauding about the ... 'thing' yesterday

I had to watch out of a morbid curiosity
We've now met
the new leader
of the free world

## !?!

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
A reply to: BrokedownChevy

You sound like Rosie O'Donnell...spewing nonsense without knowing anything.
She says Martial Law, you say impeach him...same shi* all day every day
You got a problem with the gentleman from the UK giving his opinion on your nonsense?
American citizens don't answer to foreigners about the government?....how about all the foreign donations to your queen Hillary? Saudi Arabia that executes gays and women can't drive a car, George Soros who wants open borders so you can have refugees living 30 to a house on your block?
Pure and utter bullshi*....come down off the ledge or just jump and get it over with man....it's getting really old.
edit on 12-1-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2017 by RazorV66 because: Screwed the edit up

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
So very sorry for your pain. a reply to: theantediluvian

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

It didn't take long for that to trigger all the Trumpkins.

It's amazing that any criticism towards Trump gets dismissed as being sore losers who just won't "get over it". Yet... they are the ones who, eight years into Obama's presidency, were still sporting confederate flags and talking about birth certificates. Confederate flags! Talk about the epitome of not "getting over it"!

Well I never sported a confederate flag in my life....but yah Obama to this very day is still destroying our country. The criticism of him is well deserved.
Oh for the record it was the Democratic South who flew the confederate flag and refused to let go their slaves.... for the record. I just love how liberals like to turn things upside down.

edit on 12-1-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
To: The OP

I wish I could be a fly on your wall every time another corporation announces they are not building a factory in Mexico. I really hope you don't have any pets that you abuse.
edit on 12-1-2017 by knows_but_doesnt because: I wanted to

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

boybehindthemask,

I understand where you are coming from, in a slight sense. I suppose you were waiting for the opportunity to pounce on someone, and it just happened to be me. You see, the difference is that your "opinion" that Trump will be or is a dumpster fire has no merit and is not fact. It seems to me that you and the author of this op are used to participation trophies and still haven't gotten over the election results. The "fact" is that The Donald is your President and you should give him a chance. You never know, he may be the greatest thing that has ever happened to this country. Perhaps, you should go back in your corner and drool over yourself or take your medication. Something truly historic happened in November and you should give it a shot.

edit on 13-1-2017 by Oncethatwas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Hey homie,

Your obsession over your President is borderline psychotic. Have a beer, get laid, or take a walk. You have a seriously enormous issue with your President. Everything you post is nonsensical. Go get help or just grow up and see what happens. If your President fails, I will be right there with you to denounce him. Until then, relax. Life will go on. It's okay. We are all here for you.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Just sad. Ten pages and not ONE reply to address the OP's blatant exposure of Trump's hypocrisy and flat out lies.

This world is truly becoming an idiocracy. Reading this thread felt like reading a deleted scene from the Idiocracy screen play. You know, that 'courtroom scene' where the protagonist tries to explain his case but is bombarded with insults and mockeries?
edit on 13-1-2017 by FelisOrion because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2017 by FelisOrion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Yep, there is a real dummy here, just not Trump, just another liberal...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join