It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Real Dummy! Major Loser, Zero Credibility!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+74 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Infamous vexatious litigant and soon to be 45th President of the United States of America, Donald J Trump, made a number of strongly-worded statements about "opening up" libel laws on the campaign trail last year.

The earliest of these was delivered in February at a rally in Fort Worth, Texas (my bold):

"One of the things I'm going to do if I win, and I hope we do and we're certainly leading. I'm going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money. We're going to open up those libel laws. So when The New York Times writes a hit piece which is a total disgrace or when The Washington Post, which is there for other reasons, writes a hit piece, we can sue them and win money instead of having no chance of winning because they're totally protected,"

"You see, with me, they're not protected, because I'm not like other people but I'm not taking money. I'm not taking their money," Trump said on Friday. "We're going to open up libel laws, and we're going to have people sue you like you've never got sued before."

The following month, at a meeting with the Washington Post editorial board, Fred Hiatt, the editor of the WaPo's editorial page asked President-elect Trump to elaborate on his on his despotic diatribe. Given that Trump had cited the newspaper as an example, it was particularly fitting that this question should be asked at the WaPo meeting. While sounding genuinely aggreived, the future president failed to identify which of the often critical articles he found to be libelous nor did he do much to elucidate his position with his response:

I’d have to get my lawyers in to tell you, but I would loosen them up. I would loosen them up. If The Washington Post writes badly about me – and they do, they don’t write good – I mean, I don’t think I get – I read some of the stories coming up here, and I said to my staff, I said, “Why are we even wasting our time? The hatred is so enormous.” I don’t know why. I mean, I do a good job. I have thousands of employees. I work hard.

As late as the end of October, the future leader of the free world was still working hard to organize his thoughts into a coherent position. Suggesting that US libel laws should be more like those in the UK, he explained what a tremendous defender of our country's constitutionally protected freedom of the press he was while rambling about how terrible mistakes — made on purpose — should be actionable in American courts:

"Well in England they have a system where you can actually sue if someone says something wrong," Trump said. "Our press is allowed to say whatever they want and get away with it. And I think we should go to a system where if they do something wrong -- I'm a big believer, tremendous believer of the freedom of the press, nobody believes it stronger than me -- but if they make terrible, terrible mistakes and those mistakes are made on purpose to injure people, and I'm not just talking about me, I'm talking about anybody else, then yes, I think you should have the ability to sue them."

"In England you have a good chance of winning. And deals are made and apologies are made," he said. "Over here they don't have to apologize. They can say anything they want about you or me and there doesn't have to be any apology. England has a system where if they are wrong things happen."

With all this time spent passionately advocating for some kind of expanded culpability for libelous speech under dubious definitions of libel, it's clear that while President-elect Trump has a convulted concept of freedom of the press, he at least has a very strong sense of right and wrong and a profound disdain for published lies and contempt for those who write them.

Based on his own statements, having people "sue you like you've never got sued before" is part of "Making American Great Again" — that is of course unless it's the future Mad King Joffrey himself who is flat out lying about folks on Twitter and he's the one being "sued like [he's] never got sued before." That's different.

You see, just weeks before the Forth Worth rally, The Boy Who Cried Libel took to Twitter to blast Republican consultant Cheri Jacobus and pat CNN-paid Trump surrogate (ironically, one of what? Four professional apologists on the purported "Clinton News Network" ?) Kayleigh McEnany after Jacobus was critical of him in an appearance on CNN and McEnany dutifuly defended her candidate.

Lyin' Donald also claimed falsely that Jacobus was simply "went hostile" after begging for a job with the Trump campaign and being rebuked. Despite an reply from Jacobus, informing Trump that she had proof that he was lying, thin-skinned Trump, ever the false victim and never one to back down from making an ass of himself, doubled down on his lie two days later in doubled downanother Tweet[/url]:

+23 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
But wait. It gets better.

Not only was Dear Leader-elect making repeated terrible mistakes on purpose with his tiny Twitter finger, the (later) CNN-paid Trumpkin, then Trump campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, was also making purposely negative and horrible and false statements — commonly know as lying — on MSNBC's Morning Joe:

The next day, on MSNBC’s Morning Joe, Lewandowski said that Jacobus “came to the office on multiple occasion trying to get a job from the Trump campaign, and she wasn’t hired clearly she went off and was upset by that.”

Ironically, not only didn't Jacobus approach the campaign for a job (let alone beg), as Jacobus shared by way of a screenshot posted to Twitter, they'd approached her months earlier:

In April, Cheri Jacobus filed a defamation suit against Trump and Lewandowski in New York, seeking $4 million in damages. The veteran GOP operative claimed in her suit that the defamation had cost her TV appearances and caused her to be bullied by angry members of the Trump cult. In his defense, Trump's lawyers argued that his lies were opinions and that Twitter was "hyperbolic."

Luckily for Trump, those libel laws he has such problems with when they fail to destroy those who typically aren't lying when they say critical things about him, also led the judge in the case to dismiss Jacobus's suit in a 20 page ruling:

Judge Barbara Jaffe ruled that Trump's tweets were opinion, and could not be measured as factual. It was important to take into context the "heated rhetoric" during a "particularly raucous Republican primary," she wrote in a 20-page ruling, and acknowledged that "truth itself has been lost in the cacophony of online and Twitter verbiage to such a degree that it seems to roll of the consciousness like water off a duck's back." She minced no words when it came time to describe Trump's greatest hits of Twitter burns, calling his constant use of "loser," "total loser," and "totally biased loser" a sign his account is "rife with vague and simplistic insults."

I guess she'll just have to wait until America is all greater again. Then again, maybe had she gotten the judge presiding over the defamation suit lodged by Trump supporting actor (he really is a great actor, it's a shame he's such a douche bag) James Woods against an anonymous Twitter user who called him a "coke addict," things might have gone differently:

In a disappointing turn for both Twitter trolls and fans of free speech, a Los Angeles Superior Court judge has decided that the anonymous man who called James Woods a coc aine addict on Twitter a few years ago must be identified by his attorney. Woods has been pushing a vicious defamation lawsuit against the man—called “John Doe” up until this point—that has continued despite the man’s death. Now, despite protestations that Woods was just trying to harass the dead man’s family, The Hollywood Reporter says that the judge has agreed with Woods and his attorneys that the man’s death negates any privacy rights he had and that his name is “highly relevant and critical” to the lawsuit.

+101 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Here we go again!

IMO you might be a loser because you and your party lost? But hey! That ain't the half of it! What makes you more of a loser is that you go on the internet and try to justify your feelings of loss by acting out like a spoiled child! Did you grow up in the age of everyone gets a trophy!

You really do make me laugh! What pisses me off is that at times I actually feel sorry for you and hope your family calls 911 to have a "wellness check" done on you!

You are mentally ill and need some help!!!!
edit on 11-1-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

Gin
+33 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

+67 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
You need to give up. You post these ridiculous threads every day. No one cares what you have to say. You're so incredibly biased it's hilarious. And before you tell me I'm a Trumpet or whatever fail of a term you use to call people, I'm not American and don't support Trump. Give up already its getting pathetic.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I take it your not a Trump supporter? Did you know that his son in law and greatest confidant Jared Kushner, is the head of Kushner Companies. They are headquartered at 666 5th Ave. NYC. You do not mess with Jared, his family or the Donald. They will get you and money is no object, so just shut your gob and move along!

+40 more 
link   
Oh look, they're all triggered again.

Keep it up.
Keep sharing the hypocrisy.

This never gets old mate, despite what the triggered keep saying in every thread you create.

+38 more 
link   

What exactly is it that you are smoking in your avatar?

It must make you very irrational and angry.

+14 more 
link   

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!

And all hell breaks loose because those libels laws that may be opened up have to be answered by Trump's legal team...and you call Trump a dummy?

Wow...a smart person gets lawyers to answer for him. FAIL

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CHONGO
I take it your not a Trump supporter? Did you know that his son in law and greatest confidant Jared Kushner, is the head of Kushner Companies. They are headquartered at 666 5th Ave. NYC. You do not mess with Jared, his family or the Donald. They will get you and money is no object, so just shut your gob and move along!

Death threats....

Wow you really triggered them this time, Ante.

Look at the pathetic weasels squirm as they fail to excuse what a bloated, fat, small handed, tiny dicked leader he is.

+19 more 
link   
Did you not post this same thread yesterday?
How are you able to create duplicate threads?

+23 more 
link   
That title fits your post very well, but not for the reasons you think.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

LMFAO!!!!

So right it feels so wrong, but honestly...the moment anywhere "false news' appears to be talked about I can imagine all the DNC supporters cry like this. Absolutely hysterical

+11 more 
link   

I read your title and thought you were talking about Obama, then I thought Harry Reid, then CNN...but I see its just more inane preconceived judgements.

Irony all you huggers are the biggest hating pre conceived notion judgemental people I have ever seen.

Im an independent and capable of giving people a chance, hell I gave the last lying pontificating moron 8 years and you soulful loving caring folk wont even give the newcomer a chance.

+21 more 
link   
What do you hope to accomplish with these threads? The main stream media and the DNC all but buried themselves doing the same thing you are. When I see posts like this, it makes me even more relieved that Hillary didn't win.
edit on 11-1-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I had a feeling we'd get another thread like this to deflect the fact CNN can't go a week without getting egg on their face.

Which bets the question how they still have so many PETA supporters loyally defend this "news organization".

link   
My theory is Trump may be a great president because he's never had to grow up and have so much responsibility before. I think being president has humbled him. He may end up having the perfect balance of character to be president. I am hopeful.

Or, he calls for red-state militias to put on some black boots and brown shirts goose stepping around collecting all the New York gay liberal fag snowflakes into concentration camps for conservative re-education.

+11 more 
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I see you pay attention to dicks and hands

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Nearly a whole page and not one of you has addressed the content.
Of which there is plenty.

Lulz.
Triggered without a doubt.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
I had a feeling we'd get another thread like this to deflect the fact CNN can't go a week without getting egg on their face.

I don't watch CNN anymore it's too right wing. CNN is too corporate. They are never pro-labor.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join