It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cory Booker Rails Against Sessions at Confirmation Hearing

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Cory Booker is right about this issue,
Sessions is a horrible guy for AG.

Booker was basically, at the end, not too popular a Mayor of Newark,
but he is an experienced urban leader.

He also has powerful elite connections to neo liberal powers…the people behind Hillary and Obama. Look for him in 2020 to run for the dem nod

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well, I listened to his testimony and didn't hear anything requiring debunking? What was debunked, before he said it? Did Booker misrepresent Session's record?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

How could he debunk what Booker testified to, if he spoke before Booker did!

If you had watched the confirmation hearing you would know.

Basically there was an accusation from about 30 years ago that, once investigated, was found to be unsubstantiated. Everyone had forgotten about it until Trump selected him for Attorney General. The Dems are the ones rehashing the accusation and parading it around as fact *cough* CNN *cough* fake news *cough*.

All of this testimony came from another African American senator that knows Sessions and his family personally. He just happened to be right before Booker. So if you watched it when it aired you would have seen that Booker's entire speech was undermined before he ever gave it.

What Booker did was tap into the same identity political rhetoric that lost them the election in the first place. Let them keep it up, they're already paving the way for a second Trump term.

edit on 1/11/2017 by ColdWisdom because: russians subverted my keyboard

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

LOL perfect summary

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

That adds just enough context to tell me that they are desperately grasping at straws ,not to perform any public need but like others have said to make a political hay stack for the future ...sad isnit

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It was identity politics leading up to the election.

It's now turning to emotional politics from the left.

They're no longer even attempting to argue facts/reality but rather, pure emotion.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I watched much of it. It didn't see the testimony just before Brooker's, that you said debunked his speech.

Are you talking about the Marion 8? Or, the bridge incident, in which Booker indicated that the protesters were looking for "justice" while Sessions' police were looking for "law and order"? What's to debunk?

edit on 11-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

It appears the whole thing blew right over your head.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I guess so, since I missed the testimony, lauding how wonderful Sessions really is, just before Booker's testimony, that apparently debunked everything Booker said. Since most of his testimony was opinion based on his experience, I don't really see what there is to debunk.

We know Sessions' record, and he know the issues his office will be facing in the upcoming years. I agree with Booker, that Sessions record does not reflect any concern with keeping with the progress that Justice Department has made in the last few years, in uncovering and cracking down of systemized racial problems and the problems that face the vulnerable people in our society.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

What progress has the Justice Department has made in the last few years ?

Looks to me like they've been moving backwards with all the scandals and whatnot.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I guess when Cory Booker enumerated them, in his (totally debunked) testimony, it "flew over your head".

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I guess when Cory Booker enumerated them, in his (totally debunked) testimony, it "flew over your head".

So how do we describe the airport meeting between Lynch and Clinton?

Answer:

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

What does that have to do with Session and systematic racism found in Police Departments?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

What does that have to do with Session and systematic racism found in Police Departments?

What does *anything* have to do with Session and systematic racism found in Police Departments?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

It was Booker's concern, that would be overlooked and dismissed with Sessions as the AG, that really can't be debunked.

Do try to keep up!

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

It was Booker's concern, that would be overlooked and dismissed with Sessions as the AG, that really can't be debunked.

Do try to keep up!

But it was debunked before Booker took to the airwaves.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Booker is a hypocrite and a racist himself. Besides, if Obama got Holder as AG, then Trump should be able to choose Sessions. Funny how the people who loved the corrupt and racist Holder now have a problem with Sessions.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

So praising Sessions one time and doing the opposite another has merit.

Once they do something like this, they loose my attention forever. Can't be trusted and their words can't be trusted. Don't care which Party they are with.
edit on 1/11/2017 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

How was Booker's concern, that Sessions will ignore the progress made toward police departments that have been proven to have a systemic racial problem, been debunked. How was Booker's concerns that Sessions won't represent LGBTQ folks and will favor the religious right, been debunked?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Just because they worked together successfully on one project, that doesn't mean that Booker should support Sessions, someone that he believes is fundamentally wrong for the AG position.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join