It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Ingrain This Image Into Your Head And CNN Will Disappear Forever

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Here come the arguments, but I'm going to say it anyway. This is just a what if, so don't go overboard on me. What if this is the beginning of eliminating all the news sources so that normal citizens don't have access to anything news related? It may be bad, but at least we have it.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConstitutionalPatriot
Here come the arguments, but I'm going to say it anyway. This is just a what if, so don't go overboard on me. What if this is the beginning of eliminating all the news sources so that normal citizens don't have access to anything news related? It may be bad, but at least we have it.

There is simply no need for big news networks. They exist now only so that the maximum number of people possible can be fed propaganda. News is being consumed online and there are thousands of sources for everyone to use and cross reference to get informed. It's time to break up the media so we have ore than a handful of people trying to control what people hear and see.
edit on 13/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Agreed. This is only hypothetical. But if the main networks are gone, even though we have the internet, where do we get any news at all if the government decides to censor the sites? I'm just wondering what it would be like with no access to news at all.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Absolutely

Why is CNN abusing is position and acting like the leader of the free world needs to answer him

This shows how these journalists have got to powerful through political correct liberal backwards thinking

This is what happens why a lawyer is in power

Now we shall witness how common sense returns with a kick arse no nonsense business man takes the reins

Licences need to start getting revoked, and fines and law suits slapped on these fake news and rude god complex reporters until just like Hollywood starts, they learn there places once again

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I don't think I needed any more proof that something really fishy has been going on for decades and things are finally starting to get crazy enough to where even the dumbest people are starting to wonder what's up.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I was in the pharmacy the other day, and they have a TV which, when switched on, is tuned to the BBC news channel (I'm in the UK). For the benefit of hard-of-hearing patients who may want to know what is being said when the TV is on, it has been set to produce the dialogue as subtitles which auto-generate based on a computer program which interprets the speech & converts it to text.

The key thing to remember in this situation is that usually, the text is generated after the news anchor/ reporter has said whatever it is that they're saying. There's often quite funny misquotes which are then corrected by a human who is monitoring the feed, with the corrected text set in a certain type of perentheses.

Anyway, so I was watching this the other day in the pharmacy, and it was fascinating to see that the auto-text was actually running AHEAD of the spoken words of the news reporter/anchor. It was directly plugged into the SCRIPT which the anchor was reading from - this is a highly unusual, and atypical situation. As mentioned, usually the voice is interpreted by a computer program, and there's a time lag between what is said, and the generation of the text subtitles.

Now it struck me that this cannot be a normal situation. The news anchor was reading loosely from the script, with many little changes in the expression of the general content of the script. But the script was being put up as subtitles before the anchor spoke from it.

The only time I have ever witnessed the interior of GCHQ (our UK version of the NSA), there was a huge TV mounted above the heads of the operatives at their desks, and it was tuned to... the BBC news channel. I had a serious moment of "I wonder whether there's a subtle nod here..." Anyway, I found it to be very entertaining, and it certainly helped pass the time while I was waiting for my prescription.

Thanks GCHQ..!

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Now also use the same image, but replace cnn with fox, put side by side and we have a good start

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Oh nice, I see the right is really hitting home that anything not Fox news or Alex Jones is fake news. Oh I forgot Wikileaks too. Awesome stuff. Trump will go unaccountable cause guess what, anything negative about him is probably fake news. I guess anything Obama did was also just fake news from the right (oh wait I can't do that cause only the left lies and make up stories).

I guess history really does repeat itself. Censorship of the press is one step away from becoming Cuba and well, any dictatorship you can think of. Remember this.

Also it was Buzzfeed he said that to, not CNN. Though he did ignore CNN.
edit on SunamSun, 15 Jan 2017 10:41:06 -0600k2017-01-15T10:41:06-06:0010am201745 by Darkchao45 because: Forgot something

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

To further confuse things.. I think they are losing total control because on Lou Dobbs (Fox) they were talking about Trump in a very positive way how he may help the country. Whether or not something is centralized propaganda probably depends on the show, though probably the majority of it is psyop/propaganda.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
CNN has turned into some Nickelodeon for adults into cop shows.

Their channel headline news, which was their 24 hour news channel, seems to be rebranded now away from news and more towards those law shows.

The original CNN has the news again an seems like they are trying to rebrand themselves as news channel once again.

In any case, you'll have a hard fight trying to get CNN off the air.

CNN used to be the only channel you'd ever see on a TV on a military base pre 2010, not sure if that is the case now.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join