It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump refuses CNN reporters question and calls them fake news Priceless

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Trump schlonged CNN real good...

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

This is the partial outcome of allowing the culture to jettison the idea of and respect for objective truth.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: kosmicjack

This is the partial outcome of allowing the culture to jettison the idea of and respect for objective truth.

Maybe. But I see it more as the result of media outlets that care only about profits and viewers who would rather watch something entertaining than something educational, along with the tendency of certain consumers of news to merely want to have their own biases confirmed.

Real news tends to be boring, and generating thoughtful analysis is a lot of work. Unless people decide they WANT to be informed and change their viewership habits accordingly, this isn't going to change.

Maybe this (along with the previous onslaught of fake news prior to the election) will wake people up.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard
Cnn is entertainment news like The Onion.. Except the Onion is more credible.

Good on Trump, shutting down those CNN yokles. Time for them to reap what they sewed.

he's our employee, every Americans employee, he doesn't own the media, nor can he fire them...I hope CNN goes after him....the s**t storm has just started

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby
Shocking people still supporting him when it's clear now that he's a compromised agent of a foreign power.

And even more shocking is anyone would praise his KGB style response to CNN.

Yea it's so shocking that he isn't going to humor a network that was in collusion to undermining democracy. Oh an when caught did they apologize? No, that doubled down running fake news to try and destroy any hope of a productive four years.

What's shocking is no one on the left will acknowledge these truths.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well, to a large extent the cable news networks have perpetuated that. Instead of simply reporting facts, like they used to do, they put up two talking heads with opposing views and cross-purposes and let them argue until neither the audience or the anchor can stand it anymore. On top of that, the channels themselves factionalize their content, for instance FOX/MSNBC.

This used to be limited to the analysis shows on Sunday morning or PBS or the editorial page, now it's every hour of everyday. Everything is structured as point/counter point. Dan Ackroyd and Jane Curtain should be proud.

link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Acosta knew he would not get a question. It was indicated to him at the beginning of the presser. It was all theater from CNN. FAKE.

Link? Are you telling me that Trump stages his press conferences?

CNN reported accurate news...still, no one has disproven their reporting.

On the other hand Trump lies daily and did so in this Press conference claiming that CNN released the Dossier, when in fact CNN did not. That was buzzfeed.

Personally I think Trump hasn't given a Press Conference because his mind is slipping...

Like when he had to check that envelope to remember the name of his VA Administrator he was announcing..

He also refused to answer the direct question of whether his campaign had contacts with Russia during the campaign...and walked off stage strangely..

The most bizarre PC I have seen by a POTUS or POTUS elect by far.

link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Good on Trump, shutting down those CNN yokles. Time for them to reap what they sewed.

he's our employee, every Americans employee, he doesn't own the media, nor can he fire them...I hope CNN goes after him....the s**t storm has just started

They have been going after him. With fake news stories.

I also find it cute you refuse to admit he is elected because of the DNC and CNN in the first place. You know, the real election "hack".

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

CNN reported accurate news...still, no one has disproven their reporting.

I've made several threads showing them running fake stories.

They also didn't cover Bernie, they also proped up Trump .

Oh and they gave Hillary debate questions before hand.

Super reputable just like your comments.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

No, please go back and re-read.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Oh No!!! You mean now CNN is going to go after Trump, instead of covering him fairly as they have been!!!

On a serious note, I agree with you in theory. It is the media job to hold our politicians feet to the fire (not make up stuff, but to fairly scrutinize them).

Now that the liberal media fearless leader Obama is moving on, they can actually go back to doing there job and being critical of the President.

Apparently Buzzfeed, Cnn and others can't help themselves though, and instead of making fair criticisms of Trump, they are spreading fake pee stories.

Not the direction I would have gone.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Dan Ackroyd and Jane Curtain should be proud.

At least they were actually entertaining and funny.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Well, whether you like CNN or not, I think this is a tad worrying. Politicians in the West should answer questions from journalists, else we'll get preferential coverage which is another way to control.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Trump schlonged CNN real good...

Ya...Maybe he can hire two hookers to give his TV a golden shower while CNN is airing!

What an utter sh&* show you boys have elected. You must hate your country deeply to inflict such an idiot on your citizen neighbors.
edit on 11-1-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

So long as you make it inside the bowl.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

The very definition of journalism is:

the collection and editing of news for presentation through the media

It seems to me that the press is playing very fast and loose with the ideas of editing and news.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Well, whether you like CNN or not, I think this is a tad worrying. Politicians in the West should answer questions from journalists, else we'll get preferential coverage which is another way to control.

He did answer question. Just not the question that journalist had.

Is the president now beholden to answer every question from every reporter in the press pool?

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Apparently Buzzfeed, Cnn and others can't help themselves though, and instead of making fair criticisms of Trump, they are spreading fake pee stories.

There is no evidence the pee story is fake.

And sufficiently credible sources that the Intelligence Heads felt compelled to personally tell Trump to his face that there was evidence he had been compromised.

link   
dp
edit on 11-1-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

And journalists are supposed to have integrity. I know two wrongs don't make a right as it's our job not the presidents to hold the media accountable for their lack on integrity, but it still was nice seeing their lack of integrity blowing up in their faces like it should.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join