It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump refuses CNN reporters question and calls them fake news Priceless

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
That alone will kill big pharma..a reply to: carewemust

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Unless my interpretation of body language is off, that reporter sure looked rattled. I almost feel sorry for him.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevenjames15

Because Jim Acosta himself reported it to Jake Tapper and Wolf Blitzer, live on air.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Ever since Trump won, CNN has been having a full-blown, hyperventilating panic attack.

It's awesome to watch.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: okrian
I saw the same petulant child at the podium that I've seen throughout his entire campaign. Dodging. Dismissive. Arrogant. Acting like the big kid at school that just feels that mindless-might is right. Still stunned that the minority elected this fool.

Good point.

Hillary and the DNC were graceful about strong arming Bernie out, their collusion with CNN through the whole election, including proping up this "fool" for Hillary to easily "beat".

And we still have the little cry babies who act like the DNC didn't completely undermine and manipulate this election. But since they lost they're the victim? How precious.

The DNC and CNN are acting like the defeated supervillain at the end of some cheesy action movie. They just cannot believe that their master plan didn't work.

"Nooooooo! It's impossible! My plan was perfect!"

...and then the space station, underwater base, or whatever explodes, obliterating the guy.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
a reply to: DBCowboy

Eh, its all fun and games when you happen to agree with the person shutting down the press.

What happens when its something you disagree with? This is the crux of the issue.

i don't deal with incompetents either

they put out a story without verifying *anything*

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I don't care who you are, that was funny what Trump did.

Hopefully CNN will get their act together, they won't last much longer unless they come out admitting they've been shifting the platform to something like the Onion.

There does reach a point where reporting events with so much bias becomes just plain silly.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
"According to an anonymous source close to the investigation" 💩💨

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: bknapple32

Let's be fair now, how long did Obama make the world wait to release the damn birth certificate?

where is Trump's birth certificate? Where are Trump's tax returns.

Trump spreads lies and fake news, claiming he had people in Hawaii

“I have people that actually have been studying it and they cannot believe what they’re finding,” Trump told host Meredith Vieira. “You have people now down there searching, I mean in Hawaii?” she asked. “Absolutely,” he replied. “And they cannot believe what they’re finding.”

Funny how the Tumpets cannot stand anything being said against their God Emperor!

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
This is just too funny,

Trump taking questions and speaking rationally till a CNN reporter has a question, I wont spoil it more than I already have

I say good on him

CNNs whole platform as far as I can tell is all about Trump bashing and spreading what basically amounts to petty gossip.
CNN and a few others arent news agencies but propaganda distributors, the argument could be made that all the MSM is but a few of them have taken it to such an extreme to be laughable.

What you guys think?
Did he do the right thing or is he just being petty due to the negative coverage they gave him?

P.s Sorry if wrong forum, this one seemed most appropriate

I've been a pretty vocal detractor of Trump in many threads, but I say he did the right thing.

I wish Obama had done a better job of directly attacking the right-wing propoganda machine while he was in office: all we got from him until the final hour (when he perhaps realized it was important) were very mild comments about how "Fox doesn't like me."

I say Trump should attack every media outlet every single time they LIE about him. Tough, hard hitting stories are good (I wish the media gave us more), but BS lies and sloppy, unvetted crap are not, whether it's damaging Republicans, Democrats, or Independents.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

So apparently we have no one from the 4th Estate on these boards. Cross-sourcing, attribution, ethics in journalism? These tenets are the real deal. Also no one in elected public service. Process, procedure, civic responsibility? These are tenets of reality of modern governance.

Sure, there are "fake news" sites, ones that don't source (or only use one source), attribute without sources and generally make stuff up to get hits. It's a whole different story when reporters are citing sources that can be verified. The story CNN broke will be verified, of course, because it is based, as Smurfy says, in months of material available already to both news sources and governmental officials.

The SOURCE says Trump could have/may be engaged in the "Treason Tango" with Russia. CNN is not the source but they apparently have access to source documents. Are these source documents fake? The truth will play out. I'm guessing most likely not in Mr. Trump's favor if he has bold-faced lied to the American people (remember Nixon anyone? Eventually his wall came crashing down, too. Lies are lies no matter how you spin it).

In the process and procedure of governance, no one player gets to call the shots, and this is what Trump and his team seem completely ignorant of in the lead-up to the inauguration.

The people we have elected to represent our interests, many of them (I'd say most) on both sides of the aisle actually respect one another and respect with reverence the agreed-upon procedure of governance. If intelligence officials, having gone through many channels, following process and procedure with integrity, come up with a conclusion about a threat to our national security, most of our elected officials will have the respect to listen.

What if it's really true? What if Trump has agreed to do as Putin asks because he owes the Russians a few hundred billion dollars? Do you want to take the fall for his debt? Is it not embarrassing to American citizens that Trump grovels in front of a 2nd-rate country like Russia? I thought America was a superpower?

My objective take on the situation is that Trump's collusion with Russia is blatantly obvious. Having seen the documentation prepared by our intelligence agencies, witnessed Trump himself support and defend Russia, done simple research on his business associations and debts, it looks like Trump owed Russian interests a lot of money. Russia wanted to infiltrate America and take some of our wealth and prosperity for themselves. It was a win-win plan for both parties to place Trump as a candidate and insure his win. The bonus is he gets to be president, too!

Over the past four years, Russia has developed a PR program to rival any ever launched from Madison Ave, a program capable of a level of sinister industrial psychology so effective (I mean, check out these message boards on the formerly objective ATS), it can sway large portions of the populace to effectively dismiss a reality they themselves even witness. Amazing, really. Performance art of the highest level. Makes the Kochs look like a carnival sideshow compared to the main tent of the circus.

All for what? The regular culprits: power, greed, control. What a waste. Has anyone on this board ever been fishing or hunting? Then they know there are better things to do with your time if you're feeling predatory.

Truth will out. And when it does will come a slew of new ways to "interpret" the truth thanks to an organized and effective propaganda machine that I think is working very effectively to undermine our country and our faith in one another. Such a shame. Some disenfranchised citizens and members of the GOP are so jazzed to be back in power they are overlooking the real danger a state leader with ties to a corrupt 2nd-rate foreign power could pose to democracy.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: bknapple32

Let's be fair now, how long did Obama make the world wait to release the damn birth certificate?

where is Trump's birth certificate? Where are Trump's tax returns.

Trump spreads lies and fake news, claiming he had people in Hawaii

“I have people that actually have been studying it and they cannot believe what they’re finding,” Trump told host Meredith Vieira. “You have people now down there searching, I mean in Hawaii?” she asked. “Absolutely,” he replied. “And they cannot believe what they’re finding.”

Funny how the Tumpets cannot stand anything being said against their God Emperor!

Thank you for being another person against Trump bringing this up.

I will gladly allow the comparisons to birtherism.

So just to be clear, anyone bringing up or defending the accusations in this dossier are racist, right?

Trump gets to call CNN and every outlet that peddled this racist the rest of his administration. Any time someone disagrees with his policies, we have to suggest on of the reasons for it is they don't like Trumps race.

I mean that would be totally fair right?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: edithinthesky
The story CNN broke will be verified, of course, because it is based, as Smurfy says, in months of material available already to both news sources and governmental officials.

Are you serious? Months of attempts by many trained professionals in both media and intel - who could not substantiate it.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
This is just too funny,

Trump taking questions and speaking rationally till a CNN reporter has a question, I wont spoil it more than I already have

I say good on him

CNNs whole platform as far as I can tell is all about Trump bashing and spreading what basically amounts to petty gossip.
CNN and a few others arent news agencies but propaganda distributors, the argument could be made that all the MSM is but a few of them have taken it to such an extreme to be laughable.

What you guys think?
Did he do the right thing or is he just being petty due to the negative coverage they gave him?

P.s Sorry if wrong forum, this one seemed most appropriate

He absolutely bombed. All he did today was embarrass himself and look like his usual petulant childish self. It was utterly hilarious.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

a reply to: ausername

So apparently we have no one from the 4th Estate on these boards. Cross-sourcing, attribution, ethics in journalism? These tenets are the real deal. Also no one in elected public service. Process, procedure, civic responsibility? These are tenets of reality of modern governance.

Sure, there are "fake news" sites, ones that don't source (or only use one source), attribute without sources and generally make stuff up to get hits. It's a whole different story when reporters are citing sources that can be verified. The story CNN broke will be verified, of course, because it is based, as Smurfy says, in months of material available already to both news sources and governmental officials.

HAHAHA!!!!

So you come on discussing journalistic ethics, and how checking sources and having multiple sources is important.

Then you defend CNN for reporting on a dossier that even outlets such as the New York Times are saying are unsubstantiated.

Maybe it will turn out that Trump had bad ties to Russia. But that doesn't justify CNN's peddling of this unsubstantiated dossier.

But go ahead, go on lecturing us on how good journalism works!

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

The story CNN broke will be verified, of course, because it is based, as Smurfy says, in months of material available already to both news sources and governmental officials.

Are you serious? Months of attempts by many trained professionals in both media and intel - who could not substantiate it.

I believe the CIA has actually verified the document as FAKE.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Donald "Jesus" trump walked on water today according to his ATS supporters

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Stage 1....dismantle the media that the establishment uses by refusing them questions and calling them Fake News in front of other reporting agencies

Stage 2...watch ratings plummet

Stage 3....watch staff leave CNN to work as janitors for another news organization that is credible

Stage 4....watch a takeover of CNN by a credible news company for 20% of its value

You forgot:

Step 5 Play this song after and listen with a sweet smile across your face.

CNN and Buzzfeed had it coming.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I. love. this!!❤❤
THIS is why I voted for him!! Because he, like the rest of us, is sick and tired of the media's bull#. Even as president-elect, he continues to call them out on their # news and he has no intentions of stopping. Talk about a president for The People!! He's that friend that will kick somebody's ass if they mess with you and will always have your back. I don't know anyone who wouldn't want a friend like that!! God Bless President Trump & the First Family. May you rock the # out of these next 4 years!!❤❤❤

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join