It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump refuses CNN reporters question and calls them fake news Priceless

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

There is one HUGE problem. Right after the Nazi comment he starts making the illuminati/mason hand signals. You people this is not good. Do you understand the importance of these hand signals and what they mean when he is referencing Nazi Germany?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: UFOdanger

There is one HUGE problem. Right after the Nazi comment he starts making the illuminati/mason hand signals. You people this is not good. Do you understand the importance of these hand signals and what they mean when he is referencing Nazi Germany?

I have no idea but am willing to be enlightened if for nothing more than a good chuckle

If you could post a screenshot or short video of said gestures with an explanation of what were looking at Id appreciate it, Im open to the possibility your correct but at this stage youll have to forgive my skepticism

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I haven't had a lot of time to post the last two days and I missed this unfortunately. I'll quote myself from another thread:

Let's get straight exactly what happened here. Donald Trump had a meltdown and he was wrong. Here's what was said:

TRUMP: As far as BuzzFeed, which is a failing pile of garbage, writing it, I think they're going to suffer the consequences. They already are. And as far as CNN going out of their way to build it up — and by the way, we just found out [as] I was coming down ... it was a different Michael Cohen they were talking about. All night long, it's Michael Cohen. I said I want to see your passport. He brings his passport to my office. I say, hey, wait a minute. He didn't leave the country. He wasn't out of the country. They had Michael Cohen of the Trump Organization was in Prague. It turned out to be a different Michael Cohen. It's a disgrace what took place. It's a disgrace, and I think they out to apologize, to start with, [to] Michael Cohen.

In case nobody noticed, Donald Trump "is fake news" as his claim is actually false.

CNN did not report on the contents of the documents. So what we have here is Donald Trump, the President-elect of the United States of America, making a completely false statement about CNN. I don't even know if that statement is true of BuzzFeed.

I don't know if Donald Trump was simply misinformed, confused or if he was being deliberately misleading. It makes some difference but doesn't change the result at all.

US Presidents are not kings. Sean Spicer is correct about the office commanding respect but as much as it commands the respect of a reporter, it commands an even greater respect from the office holder. Donald Trump now has what Teddy Roosevelt referred to as the "bully pulpit." When a US President or President-elect speaks, everyone listens.

That power isn't a gift, it's a responsibility... and he has used it to defame CNN.

Adding insult to injury, Trump denied the reporter an opportunity to question the attack against his network and attempted to embarass him. Somehow playing petty tyrant after blatantly attacking a media outlet — for something he wrongly accused them of — is being lauded as an accomplishment.

And how's this for irony?

The one thing relating to the contents of the documents that CNN did report on was Jack Tapper stating that his sources believed that the Michael Cohen discussed in the documents was somebody else. So not only was Trump wrong, he had the whole thing completely backwards. Ironically enough, it was Tapper's reporting that was picked up by Trump-friendly sources like Tucker Carlson's Daily Caller:

There was a Michael Cohen in Prague, a government source told CNN, but it wasn’t the Michael Cohen an uncorroborated report identified as President-elect Donald Trump’s legal counsel.

The shocking report claimed that Cohen, the executive vice president of the Trump Organizations and special counsel to Trump himself, traveled to Prague to meet with Russian officials in August. It also claimed Cohen’s Ukrainian father-in-law had a dacha, or cottage, near that of Russian President Vladimir Putin. CNN’s Jake Tapper noted Wednesday that his reporting suggested a different Michael Cohen with the same birthday traveled to Prague around the same time under a foreign passport.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I think the point is that because it was entirely unsubstantiated that it should not have leaked or been reported in the first place and that whoever leaked it, might have broken the law.

CNN have since doubled and quadrupled down on the story, insinuating in no uncertain terms that it's entirely credible.

No they didn't report the memo's or whatever they were which Buzzfeed released, but they certain did hype it up and have since, dedicating their full coverage to the story as if it is credible, that's the impression that they're giving their viewers/readers.

That's yellow journalism at its finest, and in more ways than one in this instance.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I was wondering where you were

I dont think Trump was out of line at all, I think the reporter was.
Regardless of any real or perceived attack on your organisation you dont attempt to shout over another reporter or the president elect.
His behavior was inexcusable and he was rightfully put in his place.
It was only after he continued with his rudeness for a good 20 seconds that Trump correctly got agitated.

As for your comment on power being a responsibility and using it to defame, also exactly what CNN has done

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

I think the point is that because it was entirely unsubstantiated that it should not have leaked or been reported in the first place and that whoever leaked it, might have broken the law.

CNN have since doubled and quadrupled down on the story, insinuating in no uncertain terms that it's entirely credible.

Do you have a source for them stating "in no uncertain terms that it's entirely credible?"

Here are some actual examples of CNN reporting on the topic over three days:

10th:

Congress grapples with new allegations of Trump-Russia ties

(CNN)Congress is quickly grappling Tuesday with a new spate of allegations about Donald Trump's ties to Russia, with some already claiming that the unverified report vindicates their prior suspicions and statements.

"Allegations get made about candidates all the time and they've been made about President-elect Trump a lot sometimes. Some of them, virtually all of them have been proven to be exaggerated or untrue," Sessions said. "I would just say to you that I have no information about this matter."

Chris Coons, a Democrat also on the committee, told CNN's Wolf Blitzer on "The Situation Room" on Tuesday the allegations would be "explosive" and "truly shocking" if true, which he could not independently verify.

11th:

Ex-CIA leader: 'Surprised' unverified intel given to Trump

(CNN)Michael Morell, former CIA acting director, told CNN that he finds it unusual the intelligence community would present President-elect Donald Trump and President Barack Obama with a summary of information they had not yet verified.

"I was a bit surprised that our intelligence community would take a private document and summarize it for the President and President-elect if they didn't know anything about the credibility of the information in it," Morell told Christiane Amanpour.

"That would be, quite frankly, unprecedented -- to take a private document, right -- you'd be doing that every day, if that's the way you were operating," he added. "If there was some reason why they thought some part of it or certain aspects of it were credible, that they had actually done some work, then it might make sense to bring it to his attention."

12th (today):

Intel chiefs presented Trump with claims of Russian efforts to compromise him

The FBI is investigating the credibility and accuracy of these allegations, which are based primarily on information from Russian sources, but has not confirmed many essential details in the memos about Mr. Trump.

CNN has reviewed a 35-page compilation of the memos, from which the two-page synopsis was drawn. The memos have since been published by Buzzfeed. The memos originated as opposition research, first commissioned by anti-Trump Republicans, and later by Democrats. At this point, CNN is not reporting on details of the memos, as it has not independently corroborated the specific allegations. But, in preparing this story, CNN has spoken to multiple high ranking intelligence, administration, congressional and law enforcement officials, as well as foreign officials and others in the private sector with direct knowledge of the memos.

I just turned on CNN and ironically enough, it's this Paul Ryan Town Hall and Jack Tapper and Paul Ryan are actually discussing how these documents have not been verified.
edit on 2017-1-12 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

RumINT doesn't usually make it in intelligence reports, I have a feeling this is a jab by the intel community putting Trump on notice. 'Six ways from Sunday', this is one of them.

Here's an interesting article in regards:

Sometimes people will dress up RumINT to make it look better than it is, and sometimes the motives are obvious. Political instability can be increased by spreading rumours, and that’s a tool for an opposition and a danger for own forces. The challenge for intelligence analysis is that you can look stupid or naive if you report on every bit of nonsense out there. And the flipside is also true – if you ignore a rumour that circulates for a while, because you think its nonsense, and it turns out, eventually, to be true, you can look foolish too.

intelmsl.com...

Puts a little perspective on things, maybe help calm the left down a bit.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

"The nation's top intel chief called President-elect Donald Trump Wednesday to personally deny leaking to the media a dubious dossier of allegations about sensitive information the Russians supposedly had about him. 

Trump confirmed Thursday that Director of National Intelligence James Clapper spoke to him by phone, apparently sometime after a press conference in which Trump lashed out at media outlets, including Buzzfeed and CNN, that ran with the story and speculated it was leaked by federal officials.""

Source: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

Regardless of any real or perceived attack on your organisation you dont attempt to shout over another reporter or the president elect.
It was only after he continued with his rudeness for a good 20 seconds that Trump correctly got agitated.

As for your comment on power being a responsibility and using it to defame, also exactly what CNN has done

For the sake of advancing the discussion, I won't ask you for examples of CNN defaming Trump. I didn't find Acosta to be rude as I believe he was justified by the statements that preceded his question but I acknowledge that it's a matter of opinion.

What I don't understand is how you don't seem to have any problem with Donald Trump making statements concerning CNN that were absolutely false. What kind of standard are you holding Donald Trump to that you aren't bothered that he was either horribly misinformed or lying and yet openly attacked a media outlet by name?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

For the sake of advancing the discussion, I won't ask you for examples of CNN defaming Trump. I didn't find Acosta to be rude as I believe he was justified by the statements that preceded his question but I acknowledge that it's a matter of opinion.

What I don't understand is how you don't seem to have any problem with Donald Trump making statements concerning CNN that were absolutely false. What kind of standard are you holding Donald Trump to that you aren't bothered that he was either horribly misinformed or lying and yet openly attacked a media outlet by name?

I can no longer keep up with whats true and what isnt, which statements are you referring to?

What I dont understand is how you (an intelligent guy despite how hard you try to prove the opposite
) cant see that CNN and the rest of the MSM have done their best to discredit and smear Trump at every possible opportunity.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

The Media is deeply invested in controlling us.

All Politicians have played us all for fools.

While they wine and dine on the finest French cuisine.

The real truth is we, us, our families have had 20 years of bummers.

We have been pi$$ed on while they ALL got wealthy.

They will stop at nothing to slime Trump...

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

We have been pi$$ed on while they ALL got wealthy.

HAHA

how ironic is it that we the little people get pissed on and take offence while apparently the rich are paying people to piss on them

maybe them pissing on us is their way of showing us love hahaha
edit on 13/1/2017 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Then it should not have been publicized.

Buzzfeed demonstrated that it was not credible, the contents.

CNN should not have run with it.

Yet they were anxious to do so, while insinuating yes, many times that there was every reason to believe that it was credible, according to the credibility of the source, which they've lauded in another article.

While stipulating that it hasn't been verified, they are trying to make hay out of it, but if it's not true, then it's not news.

They screwed up.

Now they're doubling down.

It was a bad move, the inclusion of it and the leaking of it to the press.

Trump had every right to be upset.

And if there were any credibility to the authenticity of the story, then it could make others more susceptible to bribery and blackmail.

CNN should never have reported it, and whoever leaked it to them, should not only be fired, but jailed.

edit on 13-1-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: typo

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: namelesss

What another convenient way to duck a question that makes him uncomfortable!

Wouldn't know. I don't pay much attention to Nazi opinions or doings.

Your hypocrisy invalidates what you said. He chose to not speak to CNN. Didn't stop him from completing his press conference.

First, what tripe!
Hypocrisy rarely invalidates what is offered!
I might be recommending that someone doesn't smoke cigarettes for health reasons, while I have a cig dangling from a lip.
What I said is still valid.
generally, the only one that 'hypocrisy' hurts is the hypocrite!
We are all hypocrites!
And I have no clue what the hell you are talking about.
If you can refute something that I said, be specific, and leave the fallacies (ad-hom, this time) home.
There is no hypocrisy in those two statements that you quoted.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

America you finally have after a very long time a president that you can look up to and be proud of!!
Wish he was leader in my country Oz

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

A journalist is not justified in shouting out repeatedly and interrupting everyone just because they are upset that they got chastised. For some reasons liberals think they have the right to run roughshod over everyone else. We see it all the time. Disgusting behaviour.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Cavuto nails it. Calls out the CNN hypocrites, and indeed liberal hypocrites who chuckled at Obama's constant attacks against Fox News.

I think the message to CNN and all liberals is , tough S***.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I don't get the jump on the bandwagon attitude by republicans about fake news. They've had fake news with fox for years and it was fake news about HRC that got their guy elected. Now they turn it around and try to act like it was the left that making fake news. Come on, my memory isn't that bad. Lol

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
I don't get the jump on the bandwagon attitude by republicans about fake news. They've had fake news with fox for years and it was fake news about HRC that got their guy elected. Now they turn it around and try to act like it was the left that making fake news. Come on, my memory isn't that bad. Lol

It's not your memory that is the problem.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Cavuto nails it. Calls out the CNN hypocrites, and indeed liberal hypocrites who chuckled at Obama's constant attacks against Fox News.

I think the message to CNN and all liberals is , tough S***.

I did get a chuckle out of that but I couldnt agree with him.
He says that the reporter was treated rudely, if anything I think he wasnt treated rudely enough, heshould have been booted out the room the 2nd time he tried to interupt

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join