It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump refuses CNN reporters question and calls them fake news Priceless

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

This am MSNBC/Morning Joe were roundly panning CNN as were other major journalistic outlets. ***Maybe*** this is more about media than politics.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

This is Reldras claim I believe.

As long as CNN didn't specifically say something like "Trump hired hookers to pee on a bed" then what they did was fair journalism.

Its ok for CNN to have a huge breaking news section and go on for hours about how they have information that Russia has black mail on Russia and discuss how troubling that is, all based on this dossier that they now admit is unverified, as long as they don't mention the specifics.

Now even if CNN says Buzzfeed shouldn't have published the dossier because its unverified, its ok for CNN to ALLUDE to the unverified document and tell people the president elect may be comprised by Russia.

That is how absurd Reldra and CNN argument is. It is absolutely hilarious!!!

Lets do a little exercise shall we?

RNC pays a man to get dirt on Obama, and this man delivers a document that says Obama is a secret member of Hamas. This document claims that Obama was in Palastine and he was burning the US flag and shouting death to Israel.

It is absolutely unverified.

Fox news then reports that they have information that Obama may be a member of Hamas. As long as they don't release the details, they are just doing fair journalism according to Reldra.

But wait it gets better!

Breitbart then releases the full document. Fox then gets on their moral high horse and says how unprofessional it was for Breitbart to report the details.

HAHAHA!!!

This is awesome! These mental gymnastics are astounding!

So according to Reldra and CNN, it is ok to report unverified stories that paint anyone in a bad light, as long as you don't give specifics!

I can't say you are fully wrong, but you are not fully correct.

BuzzFeed published the 35 pages. About 50 news organizations reported on it without publishing the papers, yet we blame CNN alone.

There were other outlets and journalists that pushed this unverified story, and they too should be shamed. Glenn Greenwald had an article that listed many of them.

However, CNN "broke" this story.

There is a difference between an outlet like the New York Times reporting on Buzzfeed releasing this dossier and CNN referring to it (and by the way criticizing them for it), and doing what CNN did, which is alluding to the document and then spending hours discussing how Trump may be compromised by Russia.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Was it all a set up? Win/win for Trump/MSNBC.

Funny it's MSNBC (who has a stake in BuzzFeed) ***now*** reporting it was labeled as disinformation, yet not reported as such by CNN, which used BuzzFeed (NBC owned) as it's partial source.

CNN did say nothing proven, therefore they didn't give the details. But Buzzfeed does and then MSNBC, that Trump either knows about or would have gotten a heads up.

It now seems planned. And before, MSNBC was the one more villified by the right as bad, silly and fake news.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
God that exchange between Trump and the reporter made me happy!

I hadn't seen it until just now either. Worth the 3 minutes. CNN is toast. LOL

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I still have the idea Sanders would have beaten the crap out of Trump.

And I know I pester you but I strongly agree with you on that.

The source of my complete hatred of the DNC (the establishment end) stems from them suppressing the voters.

The fact that rigged it against him infuriates me. I almost had had faith again when both parties had a revolution of sorts. I started to get hope with Ron Paul, and this was just icing on the cake.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

I have NEVER said it was someone else's fault. I have posted threads and videos on why Clinton lost.
I still have the idea Sanders would have beaten the crap out of Trump. But you shouldn't generalize.

(fixed, would come out blank)

Sanders would have gone down in flames, rather badly. I thought at one time he would have had a chance, but I listened to him a lot and literally everything he says reverts back the 1% or one tenth of 1%. His message would not have lasted over a long campaign and ultimately he revealed himself to be weak when he sold out.

The reason the DEMS lost is hard for DEMS to take. Trump was just too smart, too tough, and too relentless for them to cope with. That's reason number 1. Hillary being completely unqualified for public office was another big problem (and I mean unqualified as opposed to experienced). Fake News on CNN and other liberal media outlets could only carry her so far.
edit on 11/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: carewemust
God that exchange between Trump and the reporter made me happy!

I hadn't seen it until just now either. Worth the 3 minutes. CNN is toast. LOL

I highly doubt it.

link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
a reply to: xuenchen

no they didn't

yes they did

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
My theory regarding how the news got this....

We know the DNC and never-Trumpers paid the original source to develop the 35 page document.
(The source had to come up with something "good" to make big money.)
So it makes sense that the people who paid for the report have had the report for months.

We know it was out there because of the Mother Jones article in October (etc.)

Someone - at this point looking like McCain - passed the document to the FBI.

Someone got word that Obama and Trump were going to have the info included in their classified briefing last week.
So, the originators of the document got all ready, sure that it was going to become a big deal and hit the news, not realizing that the intelligence agencies had already debunked it, and were only including it to make the Pres's aware of its existence.

When nothing came of it, with days until the inauguration, the ones who originated the documented got anxious and decided to push the document (which they already had anyway) to media.
They are freaking out and will do anything to stop Trump.
Buzzfeed was the only one to take the bait, but the CNN and a few others ran with it.

And - I think it makes sense that this is how the document actually got pushed into the media.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

It's now being reported that the "dossier" was presented as examples of "disinformation" to both Trump and Obama. Yet CNN, when including it in it's reporting as part of the briefing, failed to include that caveat.

According to The Guardian, the FBI were conscious of a need to investigate Trump's team and applied to do so last summer, the application was refused at the time. The caveat there, was that the FBI appears to have sat on it, as opposed say to the Clinton... 11th hour new information crisis which it appears wasn't a crisis at all. Something not right there, regardless. So let's not deflect.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The 35 page dossier is very real. It exists. John McCain has had a copy of it since last October. The last 2 pages of the 35 page dossier were examples of "fake news" that could have been used to smear Trump, from what I understand. Those were the Russian hooker pages.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Most of the DNC did not worship Hillary.

Actually most of the DNC did worship Hillary.

link   

a reply to: BlueAjah

Exactly.

Someone is mishandling classified info. Will they face charges? Is it someone in the Gang of 8 or is it Obama/someone in his circle or is it Intel?

Not necessarily mishandling. Not if they were told to by someone with the authority to leak just a little bit.

Ok great. So there are two scenarios possible to you.

1. At least one person in the intelligence community is breaking the law and leaking classified information to the press to smear Trump.

2. Someone ordered the intelligence community to leak this info. This would have to be either someone high up in the Obama admin, or Obama himself.

As bad as 1. is, can't you see how worse 2. is?

Is Obama purposefully enddangering the US by leaking out classified info just because he doesn't like Trump. That is INSANE!!!!

Either way, it is clear that the intelligence community or at least parts of it are out to get Trump.

Don't forget, Schumer said just the other day that the intel community would come after Trump for criticizing them.

dailycaller.com...

Can you imagine that the intel community was leaking false or embarassing things about Obama during the Bush Obama transition. The media would have went nuts! It would have been the biggest scandal in the world!

Yet basically crickets when they do it to Trump. Well, then again the media like CNN are helping the intel agencies, so of course they won't be upset about it.

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I have NEVER said it was someone else's fault. I have posted threads and videos on why Clinton lost.
I still have the idea Sanders would have beaten the crap out of Trump. But you shouldn't generalize.

Sanders would have gone down in flames, rather badly. I thought at one time he would have had a chance, but I listened to him a lot and literally everything he says reverts back the 1% or one tenth of 1%. His message would not have lasted over a long campaign and ultimately he revealed himself to be weak when he sold out.

The reason the DEMS lost is hard for DEMS to take. Trump was just too smart, too tough, and too relentless for them to cope with. That's reason number 1. Hillary being completely unqualified for public office was another big problem (and I mean unqualified as opposed to experienced)

Trump is none of those things. Trump is loud, Trump says things that really horrible people want to say and he gave them permission. He hired people who are intelligent, tough and relentless. But he hired none who have any interest in the American people, just themselves.

link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
My theory regarding how the news got this....

We know the DNC and never-Trumpers paid the original source to develop the 35 page document.
(The source had to come up with something "good" to make big money.)
So it makes sense that the people who paid for the report have had the report for months.

We know it was out there because of the Mother Jones article in October (etc.)

Someone - at this point looking like McCain - passed the document to the FBI.

Someone got word that Obama and Trump were going to have the info included in their classified briefing last week.
So, the originators of the document got all ready, sure that it was going to become a big deal and hit the news, not realizing that the intelligence agencies had already debunked it, and were only including it to make the Pres's aware of its existence.

When nothing came of it, with days until the inauguration, the ones who originated the documented got anxious and decided to push the document (which they already had anyway) to media.
They are freaking out and will do anything to stop Trump.
Buzzfeed was the only one to take the bait, but the CNN and a few others ran with it.

And - I think it makes sense that this is how the document actually got pushed into the media.

The key word you mention there is desperation. I think, with the Inauguration days away, that is exactly what it was. A Fake News Hail Mary that they hoped would sway public opinion enough to create the environment for a constitutional crisis.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Come on, you must be intellectually honest. CNN linked DIRECTLY to BuzzFeed in their "Exclusive" article and mentioned the site repeatedly on air, therefore only CNN injected this madness into the mainstream media. You can't let them off the hook. THEY launched this into living rooms across America, like no one else did/could.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

But it's not fake and it won't stop an inauguration. The use of the word desperation has actually become desperation for the right.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

The reason the DEMS lost is hard for DEMS to take. Trump was just too smart, too tough, and too relentless for them to cope with. That's reason number 1. Hillary being completely unqualified for public office was another big problem (and I mean unqualified as opposed to experienced)

Trump is none of those things. Trump is loud, Trump says things that really horrible people want to say and he gave them permission. He hired people who are intelligent, tough and relentless. But he hired none who have any interest in the American people, just themselves.

I gives me great comfort that you can't bring yourself to admit the truth. I hope all on the left are the same. Trump outsmarted all the so called experts at every turn and worked harder than anyone running for office I can remember. Nothing knocked his belief. You are headed for more misery if you can't recognise how badly Trump out thought and outfought you all.

Happy days.
edit on 11/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

It was who we trusted most we took directions from.

I think you may be to left leaning to see the truth .

Even Hillarys campaign and her MSM buddies acknowledge one of her biggest issue was trustworthiness. BTW for good reasons.

From the Clinton News Network Directly
Clinton on voters' trust issues: 'I know I have work to do'

Chicago (CNN)Hillary Clinton, facing direct criticism about her trustworthiness from rival Donald Trump, admitted Monday she needs to do more to earn voters' trust.

Than she goes and blames the GOP versus herself for the trust issue and overlooks herself and her immediate family :

1. Having her husband approach the attorney General on the tarmac during an active investigation on her

2. pathological liar traits such as claiming she was under sniper fire and that whole fainting spell thing.

3. Her husband being impeached for lying

4. Lying about accomplishments

5. Taking money from Lobbyiest and saying she then takes them on

6. Public vs Private speaking

7. scandalpalooza galore even able to match trump and outdo him,

8. conspiring with the MSM to get questions ahead of debates

9. Hiring the DNC head who helped rig the election for her over Bernie

10. And a godzillion other things she and her immediate family did , which the GOP did not do.

edit on 18131America/ChicagoWed, 11 Jan 2017 19:18:19 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

CNN did say nothing proven, therefore they didn't give the details.

They said nothing proven *AFTER* their initial reports were proven fake.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join