It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump refuses CNN reporters question and calls them fake news Priceless

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Trump has officially co-opted the term "fake news" from the liberal media.

Are we tired of winning yet folks?

You haven't won this one. You are just using the word Fake News for ANYTHING that might insult your God Emperor.

Fake News should be relegated to things I noted in another thread.

1) superstation95
2)Secureteam10
3)Queen Elizabeth is a reptilian.
4) Hillary wore a colostomy bag under her pantsuit.
5) Trump is screwing Ivanka.
6) Niburu is about to show itself!
7) Obama will take your guns.
8) Michelle is a man.
9) The recent celebrity deaths are illuminati sacrifices.

There is more...but that is a general idea.

Fake news is NOT reporting on an intelligence briefing.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: smurfy

There is so much wrong in there I'm not even going to attempt to debate it with you. I don't need to, most people are now able to separate falsehoods, fabrications and propaganda from actual facts and verifiable information independently. Most people.

It is what it is, or in your case based on perspective whatever you choose to believe. I can respect that.

It's not a belief system at all, it is though the system that is used. Remember Clinton said, "I never"... that's the same as saying "It's Fake" George Tenet, said, "It's slam dunk" he also knew better..aka he lied.
I also disagree that most people can separate FFP from facts at any given moment in time, because it is all second hand.
Now read what The Guardian has to say about it all, they say it's all in the reading and guarantee nothing, and Cohen doesn't appear to be mentioned, while another staffer is? You work it out.
However, they do confirm this,

'The Guardian has learned that the FBI applied for a warrant from the foreign intelligence surveillance (Fisa) court over the summer in order to monitor four members of the Trump team suspected of irregular contacts with Russian officials. The Fisa court turned down the application asking FBI counter-intelligence investigators to narrow its focus.'
The Summer Eh?

www.theguardian.com...
edit on 11-1-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The mental gymnastics astounds me, but you know what... it was not so long ago that the tactic of pretending they meant something else, when everyone is clear about what they are reporting on, actually worked. No more.

We all know exactly what CNN were doing. They were enthusiastically pushing the allegations, even mentioning how the source was 'verified' by the FBI to make the information they KNEW everyone had been made aware of seem more credible. They also mention Buzzfeed several times before distancing themselves after the press conference.

They have been caught red handed with the biggest piece of fake news of recent times. This is another hands up don't shoot moment for them. There is no way they can ever recover from the moniker of fake news. It is who they are.... and Trump looked directly into the camera whilst the world was watching and called them out. The days of playing silly games, and expecting not to be called on it because of some stupid notion that it wouldn't be politically correct to create a conflict, are over. Hurray.
edit on 11/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

"Intelligence agencies should never have allowed this fake news to 'leak' into the public. One last shot at me.Are we living in Nazi Germany?"

www.politico.com...
Is Trump directly accusing the intelligence agencies of leaking this lurid story?

This is a very dangerous situation, they may be trying to drive him crazier. The guys 70 years old, he better chill out.

He's not even in office yet and he's going through all this

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Good point, manipulating both parties of the free worlds election is real news.

link   

"Fake News' is the new Wild Card ad hominin for anything that challenges Trump and his Trumplets' confirmation bias.

link   

originally posted by: reldra

You haven't won this one. You are just using the word Fake News for ANYTHING that might insult your God Emperor.

1) superstation95
2)Secureteam10
8) Michelle is a man.

The left gave birth to the 'Fake News' moniker and tried to use it to shut up opposition. The left have failed. It is going to be used against the fake liberal media again and again and it's going to stick. You know why? Because it is the fake liberal media that so consistently lie to the American people.

Sorry, you don't get to decide what is to be classified as fake news.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

"Fake News' is the new Wild Card ad hominin for anything that challenges Trump and his Trumplets' confirmation bias.

Absolutely.

link   
It's now being reported that the "dossier" was presented as examples of "disinformation" to both Trump and Obama. Yet CNN, when including it in it's reporting as part of the briefing, failed to include that caveat.

link   

Thanks for the term... most useful.
Tough luck on losing control of it.

At least we are now reaching a common definition at last - CNN.
edit on 11/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

No. That they didn't link to buzzfeed or give the buzzfeed details.

Look at the edit date on the CNN article.
It has been changed more than several times since last night.
I reviewed it several times last night when we were commenting in the other thread on the specific subject, and at that time CNN was linking to Buzzfeed.
They toned down the article since then.

Link to related thread.

edit on 1/11/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/11/17 by BlueAjah because: link

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

"Intelligence agencies should never have allowed this fake news to 'leak' into the public. One last shot at me.Are we living in Nazi Germany?"

www.politico.com...
Is Trump directly accusing the intelligence agencies of leaking this lurid story?

This is a very dangerous situation, they may be trying to drive him crazier. The guys 70 years old, he better chill out.

He's not even in office yet and he's going through all this

He does sound nutty. Whatever came from the intel angencies is watered down as it is when it gets to us.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

No. That they didn't link to buzzfeed or give the buzzfeed details.

Look at the edit date on the CNN article.
It has been changed more than several times since last night.
I reviewed it several times last night when we were commenting in the other thread on the specific subject, and at that time CNN was linking to Buzzfeed.
They toned down the article since then.

That is correct - I was following all the articles last night and actually got to the 35 pages via CNN.

link   
There's some studies I remember from way back, trying to find some good examples, but here's the jist of it...

Studies have shown that people tend to remember the initial reports as being true ever after being soundly debunked later.

There's several dynamics involved (especially in a case like this), such as people's short attention spans and so on. One thing related that is well known is that 'emotionally arousing' stories have stronger holding power in forming long term memories. People in politics tend to have an instinct about this sort of thing, as is commonly referred to as "getting in front of the story".

So a story like this, people will tend to only remember the buzzword portion of it, that Trump likes being pee'd on. Or likes to pee on them? Whatever it is they've started this meme and its as good as permanent now, if you've seen a lot of these kinds of studies and have a knack for observing people in these kinds of ways.

So YES, sources like CNN especially shouldn't be especially vigilant in avoiding such style of 'maljournalism' (as I like to call it).

This paper kind of explains what I'm talking about. There are better ones. I've seen them talked about in news, was hoping to find CNN reporting on it (and still might...):

Flashbulb Memories? The Effects of When the Initial Memory Report was Obtained
When asking people where they were when they heard that President Kennedy had been shot, Brown and Kulik (1977) observed long-lasting, detailed memories. They proposed that such “flashbulb memories” may be caused by a special memory mechanism that operates during the encoding of surprising, important, and emotionally arousing events. This mechanism causes people to store an exact record of the contents of the mind. The resulting memory is long-lasting, and also accurate. Most research since Brown and Kulik’s initial report has centered around their claim of extreme accuracy and resistance to forgetting (e.g. McCloskey, Wible, & Cohen, 1988; Weaver, 1993). Thus the debate concerning a special mechanism for flashbulb memories is partly dependent on the accuracy of flashbulb memories. digitalcommons.wou.edu...

edit on 11-1-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: reaganero

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
This is just too funny,

Trump taking questions and speaking rationally till a CNN reporter has a question, I wont spoil it more than I already have

I say good on him

CNNs whole platform as far as I can tell is all about Trump bashing and spreading what basically amounts to petty gossip.
CNN and a few others arent news agencies but propaganda distributors, the argument could be made that all the MSM is but a few of them have taken it to such an extreme to be laughable.

What you guys think?
Did he do the right thing or is he just being petty due to the negative coverage they gave him?

P.s Sorry if wrong forum, this one seemed most appropriate

It was like he hired a bunch of prostitutes and had them urinate on the media.

Classic Trump.
Believe me.

You stay classy.

As classy as the orange prez? Should be easy.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
It's now being reported that the "dossier" was presented as examples of "disinformation" to both Trump and Obama. Yet CNN, when including it in it's reporting as part of the briefing, failed to include that caveat.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

1) superstation95
2)Secureteam10
8) Michelle is a man.

The left gave birth to the 'Fake News' moniker and tried to use it to shut up opposition. The left have failed. It is going to be used against the fake liberal media again and again and it's going to stick. You know why? Because it is the fake liberal media that so consistently lie to the American people.

Sorry, you don't get to decide what is to be classified as fake news.

No, the left didn't. The term was used when OBVIOUS fake news was on far right wing blogs. Maybe once or twice for FOX. But that is only if FOX picked up the flashlight turned diazepam pen, I can't remember. Even though FOX crosses the line, I would call it right wing MSM, not Fake News.

There are 1000x more crazy right wing blogs than left. I know that as a FACT. The right wing ones multiply more than rabbits and are clickbait. There really isn't that scope of an industry for Left wing click bait blogs.

edit on 11-1-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I hear there's a brand new NGO starting to organize.

"The CNN Defense League".

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
FTR...this is what CNN said on air:

Now, tonight, the reporting is that the "evidence" is being couched by Intel insiders as disinformation, meant only as an example.

edit on 1/11/2017 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

That seems legit.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join