It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps Press conference, January 11 2017

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The first Press Conference he does after winning the Election.

Journalism reaches a new low.

Intellectual prostitution backfires badly.

Donald walks away from this looking better than "Liars for Hire".

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ROBOTNINJADRAGON

What?

I have no idea what you were trying to say in this post.

Please clarify.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: BigTrumpFan

I guess not considering he said that any money received from renting rooms and hosting events for foreign dignitaries would be given to the Federal Treasury, whatever that means!

Actually, if you listened, he said the profits - so he can still amortize the amount of the building and deduct the amount he pays staff (so, taking off the salary of the maid who cleans the diplomats' rooms - but also cleans other rooms) and the charge for food, etc, etc. And the electric bill, water bill, and any repairmen, etc, etc.

Basically, he "donates" $20,000 - $30,000 and gets to keep $20 million or more.

...and then there's the question of his donations.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
That old joke comes to mind when it comes to a Trump supporter...How do you keep and idiot in suspense for 24hrs..I don't know..I'll tell you tomorrow..
This is so true when it comes to them...he tells them his plans for the country....when you ask them how he is going to do it .they will reply..we don't have specifics but he will fix the country. LOL

His entire platform is that joke and it is on his supporters. LOL

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
With regard to this portion of the CNN statement:

We are fully confident in our reporting. It represents the core of what the First Amendment protects, informing the people of the inner workings of their government; in this case, briefing materials prepared for President Obama and President-elect Trump last week. We made it clear that we were not publishing any of the details of the 35-page document because we have not corroborated the report’s allegations.

They did directly link to the BuzzFeed article/35page document from their exclusive article.

www.cnn.com...

And they reported on the overarching elements of a **confidential**, **classified** intel briefing, which was wholly unsubstantiated - based simply on the reputation of an unnamed foreign intelligence asset.

How is that covered under the First?

FTR -this link goes to another CNN article about the document. NOT BuzzFeed, I swear it went before? Can anyone tell?
edit on 1/11/2017 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

With regard to this portion of the CNN statement:

We are fully confident in our reporting. It represents the core of what the First Amendment protects, informing the people of the inner workings of their government; in this case, briefing materials prepared for President Obama and President-elect Trump last week. We made it clear that we were not publishing any of the details of the 35-page document because we have not corroborated the report’s allegations.

They did directly link to the BuzzFeed article/35page document from their exclusive article.

www.cnn.com...

And they reported on the overarching elements of a **confidential**, **classified** intel briefing, which was wholly unsubstantiated - based simply on the reputation of an unnamed foreign intelligence asset.

How is that covered under the First?

FTR -this link goes to another CNN article about the document. NOT BuzzFeed, I swear it went before? Can anyone tell?

Here's the Buzzfeed article with the link to the report

I can confirm that it links to a 35 page document.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

The question is that many people on ATS and also KellyAnne Conway thought the original CNN link went to Buzzfeed. Now it doesn't.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

a reply to: Byrd

The question is that many people on ATS and also KellyAnne Conway thought the original CNN link went to Buzzfeed. Now it doesn't.

Ah.

Since I'm one of those who likes to fact-check when I have the time, I went looking for the document. It was surprisingly hard to find - couldn't find news articles linking to it directly and had to go through Buzzfeed, myself.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
If there was anything that this press conference did was proved that Meryl Streep was right.

The fact that Trump had implants in the press to cheer for him is the first time I've seen this happen in a presidential press briefing. Not to mention calling CNN "fake news." C'mon, if CNN is peddling fake news (which is false) then what the heck is Fox News doing....selling crack?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: draoicht

CNN's Woof Blister took joy in pointing out that it was Trump's first press conference in 6 months.

Hillary went how many months without one... 9 or 10?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: draoicht
The first Press Conference he does after winning the Election.

Journalism reaches a new low.

Intellectual prostitution backfires badly.

Donald walks away from this looking better than "Liars for Hire".

He walked away from it looking like he has things to hide with his tax returns and Russian connections.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

CNN's Woof Blister took joy in pointing out that it was Trump's first press conference in 6 months.

Hillary deflection is getting old now mate. Your guy won, so stay on topic.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Obama gave a short press conference on Nov 7 2008 or 3 days after the election.

Trump waited till Jan 11 2017 or 64 days after the election.

President-Elect Trump Breaks With Long History Of Press Conferences

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join