It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps Press conference, January 11 2017

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

During President-elect Donald Trump’s press conference today, Trump took aim at “fake news” regarding the release of an unverified dossier by Buzzfeed, calling them a “failing piece of garbage.” Following that, he ended up getting into an argument with a CNN reporter, who he also called out during the presser over their report on a two-page synopsis they claim was presented to Trump.

With Trump looking to call on other reporters, Jim Acosta yelled out, “Since you are attacking us, can you give us a question?”

“Not you,” Trump said. “Your organization is terrible!”

Acosta pressed on, “You are attacking our news organization, can you give us a chance to ask a question, sir?” Trump countered by telling him “don’t be rude.”

www.mediaite.com...

Pure GOLD!

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
You are fake news made it on the top headline of Drudge.

Oh I haven't gotten that far yet, but oh this sounds like the best shi'ite ever!

With Trump looking to call on other reporters, Jim Acosta yelled out, “Since you are attacking us, can you give us a question?”

“Not you,” Trump said. “Your organization is terrible!”

Acosta pressed on, “You are attacking our news organization, can you give us a chance to ask a question, sir?” Trump countered by telling him “don’t be rude.”

“I’m not going to give you a question,” Trump responded. “I’m not going to give you a question. You are fake news!” www.mediaite.com...

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Obama called out Fox all of the time. Can you imagine the outrage if a Fox reporter would have yelled at Obama like this CNN reporter did to trump?

That reporter would have been drummed out of the business, and Fox would have been called racist, unprofessional, etc.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I'm in your boat here, think I watched his hands mostly. Waving them everywhere like he just don't care

edit on 11-1-2017 by lighter78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
CNN's statement:

"CNN’s decision to publish carefully sourced reporting about the operations of our government is vastly different than BuzzFeed’s decision to publish unsubstantiated memos. The Trump team knows this. They are using BuzzFeed’s decision to deflect from CNN’s reporting, which has been matched by the other major news organizations. We are fully confident in our reporting. It represents the core of what the First Amendment protects, informing the people of the inner workings of their government; in this case, briefing materials prepared for President Obama and President-elect Trump last week. We made it clear that we were not publishing any of the details of the 35-page document because we have not corroborated the report’s allegations. Given that members of the Trump transition team have so vocally criticized our reporting, we encourage them to identify, specifically, what they believe to be inaccurate."

www.cnn.com...:lb-post-57c1535ed2ce33973fcd4f3692f560 [email protected]&hubRefSrc=permalink

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Tax returns don't show foreign investments. Financial statements do. That's why Trump released his financial statements, not his tax returns.

There are no taxes paid off of foreign investments. If Putin invested in Trump's business, it won't show on tax returns.

link   
This was awesome. It might actually make news conferences bearable again.

link   
a reply to: Grambler

Obama called out Fox all of the time. Can you imagine the outrage if a Fox reporter would have yelled at Obama like this CNN reporter did to trump?

Right!

I forgot Fox made up a story about Russian hookers, and bed wetting.

Silly me.
edit on 11-1-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Ya, the dossier thing, dig this: I got into playing one of these little fast paced strategy phone games last summer (long story of why, but dont worry its not a mindless time crusher like clash of clans). In a clan of like 50 players. The entire election there was like ZERO election discussion. Last night I heard about 'trump likes golden showers' thing in the clan chat even before on ATS (even though I only randomly pop into the game for a few minutes at a time here and there). By then it had already been on CNN.

edit on 11-1-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
CNN's statement:

"CNN’s decision to publish carefully sourced reporting about the operations of our government is vastly different than BuzzFeed’s decision to publish unsubstantiated memos. The Trump team knows this. They are using BuzzFeed’s decision to deflect from CNN’s reporting, which has been matched by the other major news organizations. We are fully confident in our reporting. It represents the core of what the First Amendment protects, informing the people of the inner workings of their government; in this case, briefing materials prepared for President Obama and President-elect Trump last week. We made it clear that we were not publishing any of the details of the 35-page document because we have not corroborated the report’s allegations. Given that members of the Trump transition team have so vocally criticized our reporting, we encourage them to identify, specifically, what they believe to be inaccurate."

www.cnn.com...:lb-post-57c1535ed2ce33973fcd4f3692f560 [email protected]&hubRefSrc=permalink

Its nice seeing the media doing damage control for once!

Edit -

Trump mopped the floor with them!
edit on 11-1-2017 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Jake Tapper asks a guest "What is real news to Donald Trump?" Says trump likes the national enquirer.

Well sorry Jake, I would take Bat Boys reporting over anyone on your network any day!

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Ugh! Press isnt supposed to debate or get offended!

The burden of proof is on them, not Trump's to full stop and muck around with CNN's public image concerns

link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
a reply to: bknapple32

OMG

" Im also a bit of a germaphobe"

Best line of the last 365 days in politics.
Oh yeah that made my millennium! and I have a relative who is a germaphobe and while I don't know exactly what was supposed to have transpired in Russia, but I did see "golden shower" mentioned in a few posts. Yeah no way in hell a germaphobe would be involved in anything like that!!! LOL
edit on 11-1-2017 by Hidinout because: (no reason given)

link   
I'm glad Trump shamed the CIA publicly. The cameras in hotel rooms that Trump talked about....this could get interesting.

It's entered the realm of surrealistic entertainment and politics is only an afterthought now.

edit on 11-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Right!

I forgot Fox made up a story about Russian hookers, and bed wetting.

Silly me.

Not saying they did. I think either you misread my post or I am misreading yours.

My overall point is that despite Obama calling out Fox, Fox had enough decorum to not have outbursts at the president.

Cnn seems to not share that decorum.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Hidinout

No doubt. One of my uncles is a smart guy, yet he's a germaphobe... he CANT possibly use a tube of toothpaste that has applied a squirt onto other peoples toothbrushes.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

My overall point is that despite Obama calling out Fox, Fox had enough decorum to not have outbursts at the president.

To quote all the Trump supporters when he gets criticized: He's not in office yet.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
With regard to this portion of the CNN statement:

We are fully confident in our reporting. It represents the core of what the First Amendment protects, informing the people of the inner workings of their government; in this case, briefing materials prepared for President Obama and President-elect Trump last week. We made it clear that we were not publishing any of the details of the 35-page document because we have not corroborated the report’s allegations.

They did directly link to the BuzzFeed article/35page document from their exclusive article.

www.cnn.com...

And they reported on the overarching elements of a **confidential**, **classified** intel briefing, which was wholly unsubstantiated - based simply on the reputation of an unnamed foreign intelligence asset.

How is that covered under the First?

ETA: WRONG! The link DOES NOT link to BuzzFeed directly. Instead it goes to another CNN article. I swear I thought it did but CNN has been droning on all night how they didn't link it, so I checked it again and no - it doesn't My apologies ATS and CNN

edit on 1/11/2017 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/11/2017 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
CNN is definitely not going to be invited onto Air Force One - or the Whitehouse.

They are trying to distance themselves from Buzzfeed, but they knew what they were doing.
CNN need to own it.

They got passed over for questions today and the CNN reporter on the scene was nearly thrown out.
edit on 11/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
With regard to this portion of the CNN statement:

We are fully confident in our reporting. It represents the core of what the First Amendment protects, informing the people of the inner workings of their government; in this case, briefing materials prepared for President Obama and President-elect Trump last week. We made it clear that we were not publishing any of the details of the 35-page document because we have not corroborated the report’s allegations.

They did directly link to the BuzzFeed article/35page document from their exclusive article.

www.cnn.com...

And they reported on the overarching elements of a **confidential**, **classified** intel briefing, which was wholly unsubstantiated - based simply on the reputation of an unnamed foreign intelligence asset.

How is that covered under the First?

You are right... they did link to the full 35 pages, so in fact they doubled down with their FAKE NEWS in their follow up statement.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join