It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps Press conference, January 11 2017

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It's not your opinion of the "technical details" AKA evidence, that matters. The US Intel Community says otherwise. I believe them over an uninformed Putin cheerleader like you, any day!

Besides, LOL, does anyone really believe that Putin DOESN'T have a Dossier of Trump! LOL

However, no surprise in his press conference. He did and said everything expected, with no substance or details, lots of blame and for sure he isn't separating himself from his business interests. "He doesn't have too", he reminded us. It's all lip service, and we, the American people, are in for untold conflict of interest scandals and a tainted presidency with a black cloud of illegitimacy hanging over it!

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I think you might find that no one is denying or has denied that Russia hack the US. The question that is still unanswered is whether the information wikileaks published came from Russia. No evidence for that.

That's not true. There's evidence.

Why Feds Are So Confident Russia Was Behind the DNC Hack and Other Breaches

The U.S. government provided new details today that revealed how a state adversary broke into American computer systems and allegedly influenced the U.S. democratic process.
In a report issued this afternoon, the FBI and Department of Homeland Security outlined “technical details” that led them to conclude Russian military and intelligence services were behind a massive cyberassault on U.S. institutions, including a breach of the Democratic National Committee that became public earlier this year.

What about that ridiculous "2 page report"?

All of the actual evidence points to the the fact that it's complete BS. Yet CNN reported it as if it were gospel truth.

At least some of the more responsible MSM outlets - including the more left leaning ones like the NY Times - refused to report on a completely unsubstantiated "report" from who knows where?

So, the Russians tried to hack the DNC and RNC. Do you think we don't do the same for the Russian equivalent? The fact the the DNC was so easy to hack and the RNC wasn't is a different but important issue related to cyber security.

When are you going to view to grow up and see things in a clear-eyed and logical manner and take off your Dem blinders?

I'm a Democrat who voted for Obama twice and I can see it clearly. As can so many others.

Grow up...see things clearly and unemotionally and stop whining.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

To be fair I didn't agree with any of those military excursions. That said none of them were meant to provoke Russia. I still can't really comprehend why we were in Afghanistan. There's certainly no love loss between Russia and Afghanistan though. With Libya Russia gave at least tacit approval. The issue was brought up at the UN and they did not use their veto. Syria's in a bit of a grey area. It had nothing to do with Russia at first but once they became involved it did become a pissing match. It should be noted though that the only reason we are in Syria is because the Right (who all of a sudden love Russia) pressured Obama into getting involved.

Russia on the other hand has taken every step possible to provoke the West. The US has the upper hand in almost every aspect. And yet Trump comes to the table sniveling. If both sides came to the table admitting their wrongs and willing to accept punishment for those deeds I would be all for stronger relations between the two countries.

That's not what's happening though. Trump is coming to the table apologizing for just general US wrongness. Putin on the other hand is coming to the table as he presents himself to the Russian populace. An omnipotent god-of-a-man that can do no wrong.

Trump appears weak and Putin appears strong. There's no way around that.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I sincerely hope Paul Ryan (metaphorically) falls on a sword. He's a neocon weasel of the type Trump supporters hope to get rid of. Remember that Democratic pipe dream of trying to get the Electoral College to pick someone else? The two names that kept coming up were Marco Rubio & Paul Ryan. Both are faithful soldiers of the Bush crime family.
edit on 11-1-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

The Russian DID hack the DNC and then distributed that info through WikiLeaks in order to help Donald Trump's campaign.

edit on 11-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

It's not your opinion of the "technical details" AKA evidence, that matters. The US Intel Community says otherwise. I believe them over an uninformed Putin cheerleader like you, any day!

Besides, LOL, does anyone really believe that Putin DOESN'T have a Dossier of Trump! LOL

However, no surprise in his press conference. He did and said everything expected, with no substance or details, lots of blame and for sure he isn't separating himself from his business interests. "He doesn't have too", he reminded us. It's all lip service, and we, the American people, are in for untold conflict of interest scandals and a tainted presidency with a black cloud of illegitimacy hanging over it!

You are entitled to believe anything you would like. That is not, however, evidence.
Right now there is no evidence of a link between wikileaks and the Russian govt. Undeniable fact.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Brilliant press conference by Trump, but expect the media and their obsequious followers to focus on tiny out of context tidbits, as lying by omission seems to be the going rate.
edit on 11-1-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I agree that the Right needs to return to its roots and get rid of the Neocons. That said I think Trump is playing a dangerous game right now. He has come across as trying to appease Russia. He has stated he wants to restore relations with at Russia while at the same time pulling back support from NATO. Putin on the other hand has made it quite clear that he wants to restore Russia to the glory of the USSR.

If Russia invaded Lithuania do you think the US under Trump would honor Article V and get involved? How much territory would Russia have to claim before we actually made a move? I find it hard not to see Trump as Chamberlain and Putin as Hitler.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

The Russian DID hack the DNC and then distributed that info through WikiLeaks in order to help Donald Trump's campaign.

I'm willing to believe the original source of the hack may have been Russian.

But according to WIkileaks - who has never lied or given false info in over 10 years - they did *not* get them from the Russians or any other "state party".

So the more germane question should be - who did the Russians give it to who may have then passed it on to Wikileaks? And what is that relationship?

In other words - you're totally focusing on the wrong end of the problem.

Does that make sense?

edit on 1/11/2017 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Is there a youtube link to the press conference? I know I could google and such, but I trust ATS much more than google.

I mean an recorded version, is it even over?

Apologies, I am out of the loop.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

The Right has full control over writing History at this point. History Books published in the Bush era, should be enough proof to people how this thing works when Republicans win.

The whole "Donald PeeParty" is probably a false flag, to justify their grasp of control.

The whole DNC is probably a false flag for the RNC at this point. It's hard to believe the Left is really this moderate verses the radical Right. It's been infiltrated and is being controlled by the Right, so they have no opposition, just a puppet they created.

People like to make a lot of comparisons to voting between two lesser and feeling like they have no choice in politics.

Trust me when I say your options are Evil, or Stupid every time.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

I agree that the Right needs to return to its roots and get rid of the Neocons. That said I think Trump is playing a dangerous game right now. He has come across as trying to appease Russia. He has stated he wants to restore relations with at Russia while at the same time pulling back support from NATO. Putin on the other hand has made it quite clear that he wants to restore Russia to the glory of the USSR.

If Russia invaded Lithuania do you think the US under Trump would honor Article V and get involved? How much territory would Russia have to claim before we actually made a move? I find it hard not to see Trump as Chamberlain and Putin as Hitler.

It is not unreasonable for a leader of Russia to want to restore his/her country's former influence in the world. It should be expected. The challenge for the US is to influence the way they do it and make sure as much of Russia's future success as possible is also a win for the US and her allies. Not easy, but that should be the goal. Suppressing Russia is a strategy that is going to lead to conflict. which is exactly why Putin's approach is the way it is. i.e. use force and cyber warfare. Its aggressive because he has no other option.
edit on 11/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

I'm willing to believe the original source of the hack may have been Russian.

But according to WIkileaks - who has never lied or given false info in over 10 years - they did *not* get them from the Russians or any other "state party".

So the more germane question should be - who did the Russians give it to who may have then passed it on to Wikileaks? And what is that relationship?

In other words - you're totally focusing on the wrong end of the problem.

Does that make sense?

Absolutely makes sense. If the Russians gave the info to someone, who is that someone?

And even more importantly I think. Is the information correct and verifiable. If so why are we worrying about who leaked it, should we not be worried about why the focus is on who?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

obsequious

GOOD WORD!

obedient or attentive to an excessive or servile degree.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

obsequious

GOOD WORD!

obedient or attentive to an excessive or servile degree.

The irony!

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I think he would honor Article V but when you look at the following figures shouldn't Europe be more than capable of handling Russia by itself? Trump wants them to start spending more on their defense because there is no reason Europe by itself can't be more powerful than Russia or at the very least contribute more to the alliance.

EU

GDP - $11 602 million

Population - 338 million

Russia

GDP - $1326 million

Population - 146 million

Link

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

If I was a betting man, Snowden. His continued "freedom" is dependent on Russian hospitality. Plus, I'm sure Snowden and Assange have at the very least a working relationship.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Baaahahaha.. And all of you sheep are eating it up hook line and sinker. Meanwhile Ellison has already brokered a deal in secret with the Russian government for settling the dispute of oil reserves under the artic ice cap that no one legally owns.

In the background, Trump hires people who claim climate change is bad and enables drill baby drill. Trump gets voted out after 4 years, and his gang of cronies make billions on new oil reserves.

Meanwhile back at the ranch... Mixing of business and political interests embraced by Trump and his supporters only further widens the gap between the 1% and the rest of us. Only change we see during his tenure will be laws put in place to allow Corporations to make larger profits with no oversight. Pumping jobs wherever they can to make a larger profit.

Hmmm.. Maybe I'm a psychic.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Actually it is a fair point to question policy for personal profit. We would have had the same issues with Romey's bankroll.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I actually do think it's slightly unreasonable. Russia is already the largest country in the world by almost twofold. And they were actually doing quite well economically before the Crimean annexation. Sadly, the way I see it there are only two solutions to the Russian issue. The first is to continue the course we've been taking. Keep sanctioning them until their economy is ruins and the people of Russia overthrow Putin. Or we take the route Trump seems to be going down and appease them. Which will eventually lead to the Chamberlain/Hitler comparison. As it stands right now Russian/US relations cannot normalize as long as Putin is in charge.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join