It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polls and the Obama Mythos of Delusional Idolatry

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Ok let's start this post with some grammar:

myth·os
ˈmiTHōs,-äs/
noun technical
1) a myth or mythology.
2) a traditional or recurrent narrative theme or plot structure.
3) a set of beliefs or assumptions about something.

poll
pōl/
noun/verb
1) record the opinion or vote of.
2) cut the horns off (an animal, especially a young cow).

de·lu·sion·al
dəˈlo͞oZH(ə)nəl/
adjective
1) characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder
2) based on or having faulty judgment; mistaken.

i·dol·a·try
īˈdälətrē/
noun
1) worship of idols.
2) extreme admiration, love, or reverence for something or someone.
3) synonyms: idolization, fetishization, fetishism, idol worship, adulation, adoration, reverence, veneration, glorification, lionization, hero-worshiping

*********BONUS DEFINITION*********
ap·prov·al rat·ing
noun
1) the percentage of respondents to an opinion poll who express approval of someone or something, typically a political figure.

-----------------------------------------------------

Ok, that was fun...
Now that we have a good understanding of my title then we can discuss the great Obama Delusion…

Since then-senator Obama's speech at the 2004 Democratic national convention the fawning media has participated in a mass idolatry not seen since their love affair with JFK...they went so far as to dub Kennedy's administration "Camelot" drawing upon the King Arthur myth...but that's another liberal rabbit hole so back to Obama...

So let's skip past his election in 2008/2012, the affordable care act debacle, and the catastrophic decimation of the Democratic Party and cut to the present...
The present where Donald Trump is poised to take the helm of the presidency after defeating Obamas hand picked successor in a rather unconventional election season(to say the least)...

Obama is leaving office in just over a week...and the press is in a state of disbelief...the medias love affair for Obama is not shared by the governed core of American society...nor is their disdain for Trump shared and this really befuddles them...
They cannot possibly fathom how anybody could support a man who is a white male, successful, conservative, and espouses none of the politically correct dogma of the progressive left and it's bereft ethos… but that's another subject… Let's get back to my op...

After Obama's policies were categorically rejected by the American populace in the 2016 election the media is scrambling to explain this sea change…

And here is the point of this op....wait for it...
OBAMAS APPROVAL RATING....

The press constantly spouts this statistic to prove how beloved Obama remains…
They cite pollsters from Rasmussen to the New York Times to the Washington post to ABC or CNN and all the big players in the polling world…
But we have unequivocal proof that every single one of these polls is flawed as seen in the election two months ago..

So why do we continue in this false narrative that Obama is more beloved than Ronald Reagan was in 1989 when its obviously not the case…
Other than the fawning media[you know, those people who do these polls], I can think of no one who wishes for Obama to continue America's liberal dissent into the progressive abyss…

Lest we forget, every single poll save the LA Times daily tracker had Hillary winning the election quite handily… Though not even the LA Times poll foresaw Michigan and Wisconsin...

So please, for the love of Allah please stop quoting Obamas approval rating because I know that to be false.…

-Christosterone
edit on 11-1-2017 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
"New poll has Trump approval rating at 37%, Obama at 55%"

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Ok let's stray this post with some grammar:

myth·os
ˈmiTHōs,-äs/
noun technical
1) a myth or mythology.
2) a traditional or recurrent narrative theme or plot structure.
3) a set of beliefs or assumptions about something.

poll
pōl/
noun/verb
1) record the opinion or vote of.
2) cut the horns off (an animal, especially a young cow).

de·lu·sion·al
dəˈlo͞oZH(ə)nəl/
adjective
1) characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder
2) based on or having faulty judgment; mistaken.

i·dol·a·try
īˈdälətrē/
noun
1) worship of idols.
2) extreme admiration, love, or reverence for something or someone.
3) synonyms: idolization, fetishization, fetishism, idol worship, adulation, adoration, reverence, veneration, glorification, lionization, hero-worshiping

*********BONUS DEFINITION*********
ap·prov·al rat·ing
noun
1) the percentage of respondents to an opinion poll who express approval of someone or something, typically a political figure.

-----------------------------------------------------

Ok, that was fun...
Now that we have a good understanding of my title then we can discuss the great Obama Delusion…

Since then-senator Obama's speech at the 2004 Democratic national convention the fawning media has participated in mass idolatry not seen since their love affair with JFK...they went so far as to dub his administration "Camelot" drawing upon the King Arthur myth...but that's another liberal rabbit hole so back to Obama...

So let's skip past his election in 2008/2012, the affordable care act debacle, and the catastrophic decimation of the Democratic Party and cut to the present...
The present where Donald Trump is poised to take the helm of the presidency after defeating Obamas hand picked successor in a rather unconventional election season(to say the least)...

Obama is leaving office in just over a week...and the press is in a state of disbelief...the medias love affair for Obama is not shared by the governed core of American society...nor is their disdain for Trump shared and this really befuddles them...
They cannot possibly fathom how anybody could support a man who is a white male, successful, conservative, and espouses none of the politically correct dogma of the progressive left and it's bereft ethos… but that's another subject… Let's get back to my op...

After Obama's policies were categorically rejected by the American populace in the 2016 election the media is scrambling to explain this sea change…

And here is the point of this op....wait for it...
OBAMAS APPROVAL RATING....

The press constantly spouts this statistic to prove how beloved Obama remains…
They cite pollsters from Rasmussen to the New York Times to the Washington post to ABC or CNN and all the big players in the polling world…
But we have unequivocal proof that every single one of these polls is flawed as seen in the election two months ago..

So why do we continue in this false narrative that Obama is more beloved than Ronald Reagan was in 1989 when its obviously not the case…
Other than the fawning media[you know, those people who do these polls], I can think of no one who wishes for Obama to continue America's liberal dissent into the progressive abyss…

So please, for the love of God and Allah please stop quoting me Obamas approval rating because I know that to be false.…
Just as the polls which showed Hillary winning were also false...

-Christosterone

Like their policies, liberals dont care about results. They care about virtue signaling. What is important is not that whether Obama was a good or bad President but that he was the second black President (Bill Clinton being the first).

So you have to support Obama for who he is, not for what he has or hasn't done.

Liberals will never allow the history books to say our second black President was a failure.
edit on 11-1-2017 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Well said

And a true President's approval rating is shown only 5+ years or so after they leave ofice

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This is really more of a rant.

Which you're entitled to.

& if you go by popular vote, most of the polls, including Trump's internal polling was correct.
It just didn't account for the electoral college.

Which renders the polls pointless but nevertheless...

The only question I recall from your post was this;

What are you basing this on? (re Reagan's popularity)

And please don't tell me it's an approval ratings poll, lol.
edit on 11-1-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Trump isn't even President yet.

How can he have an approval rating?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

& if you go by popular vote, most of the polls, including Trump's internal polling was correct.

The false narrative is being pushed by the media who tout Obama's approval rating as being a percentage point higher than Reagan's so therefore he is more of beloved…
That is the point of this up to prove the ridiculousness of the medias idolatry of obama..

Nobody who was alive in 1989 who has a brain is under in the illusion that Obama is in the same solar system, let alone the same planet as Rondald Reagan when it comes to approval…

Honestly, did you not understand the words I wrote?
I wrote definitions for progressives who are perhaps unable to understand words...

The liberal, at some point, chose the religion of progressivism to trump the inherent logic born of all humans....and arguing with a zealot is not my intent because it's futile...

So please move on to another thread unless you cease misrepresenting my words…
I was quite clear in the point of this post and you deliberately misunderstood/misinterpreted my point as is the wont of a zealot indoctrinated in the progressive religion…

-Chris

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Nice.
I think the one good thing that most can agree on as far as this election is that the average person (who was paying attention) got a nice education on how things really work. If we thought this election was nuts, I can only imagine the next one.

link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Well we all saw the polls through the election and look where they got us. I will never trust a poll.

link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

The false narrative is being pushed by the media who tout Obama's approval rating as being a percentage point higher than Reagan's so therefore he is more of beloved…
That is the point of this up to prove the ridiculousness of the medias idolatry of obama..

Nobody who was alive in 1989 who has a brain is under in the illusion that Obama is in the same solar system, let alone the same planet as Rondald Reagan when it comes to approval…

Honestly, did you not understand the words I wrote?
I wrote definitions for progressives who are perhaps unable to understand words...
I don't blame you, just as I don't blame a bushman for not being able to write computer code…
It's more about sensibilities born of your environment and the epigentic predispositions inherent to your coded being...
The liberal, at some point, chose the religion of progressivism to trump their inherent logic born of all humans genes....and arguing with a zealot is not my intent because it's futile...

So please move on to another thread unless you cease misrepresenting my words…
I was quite clear in the point of this post and you deliberately misunderstood/misinterpreted my point as is the wont of a zealot indoctrinated in the progressive religion…

-Chris

Ooh maybe this was meant to be mudpit material then.

I'll oblige.

It is not my fault that scientifically, you right wingers are dominated by your Reptilian brain and Neanderthal limbs.

I misrepresented nothing. I asked a simple question.

What do you base Reagan's approval on?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

What do you mean by Bill Clinton being Black? I know he has a Black son out there somewhere?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I based Reagan's approval ratings upon the medias touting of Obama's being one point higher than Reagans "accepted" approval rating… That's the point of the op…

Here's one of your fools...it's very easy to find this comparison…
Just watch CNN tonight… They'll tout the stat 50 times…

To reiterate… Liberals use the same pollsters who had Hillary winning to define Obama's approval and Reagan's approval…
Do you understand what I'm saying?
You are incorrectly assigning approval based upon flawed polls…
I can't be any more clear than that...so I hope u get it

Here's a liberal fool(that's redundant but u get the point)

-Chris

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I based Reagan's approval ratings upon the medias touting of Obama's being one point higher than the excepted approval rating… That's the point of the op…

Here's one of your fools...it's very easy to find this comparison…
Just watch CNN tonight… They'll tout the stat 50 times…

To reiterate… Liberals use the same pollsters who had Hillary winning to define Obama's approval and Reagan's approval…
Do you understand what I'm saying?
You are incorrectly assigning approval based upon flawed polls…
I can't be any more clear than that...so I hope u get it

Here's a liberal fool(that's redundant but u get the point)

-Chris

You haven't really answered the question.

What are you basing your perception of Reagan's supposed approval rating?

What makes you believe he is more popular than Obama?

Just the fact that MSM polls say differently?
You're entitled to that opinion...

I say this as someone who absolutely despises Obama by the way.
Never defended him. Not once. Never will.

I just don't think Contra et al were good for Reagan's approval rating.

He's probably not as popular as you wish with your "exceptional America" dogma.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Which poll ? Where ? I know. CNN

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

What do you mean by Bill Clinton being Black? I know he has a Black son out there somewhere?

It was tongue in cheek. With that said, the black community has long considered Bill Clinton an "honorary n*gga". The first black President claim was from poet, Toni Morrison in an article in the New Yorker back in 1998 referring to Bill Clinton:

African-American men seemed to understand it right away. Years ago, in the middle of the Whitewater investigation, one heard the first murmurs: white skin notwithstanding, this is our first black President. Blacker than any actual black person who could ever be elected in our children’s lifetime. After all, Clinton displays almost every trope of blackness: single-parent household, born poor, working-class, saxophone-playing, McDonald’s-and-junk-food-loving boy from Arkansas. A

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I remember that! Even 20 year old Butterfinger knew it was ridiculous

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

I remember that! Even 20 year old Butterfinger knew it was ridiculous

I won't even get into how most black folks didn't even support Obama initially. Remember, the black community leadership was initially ride or die for Hillary Clinton in 2008. Obama wasn't really "black enough". Pretty much all of the traditional black political leadership was attached to Hillary's teet. This is why it is funny now to see all the same people acting like Obama is the Messiah.
edit on 11-1-2017 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join