It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undercover Policing Review Scotland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
www.hmics.org...

This strategic review of undercover policing in Scotland has been directed by the Cabinet Secretary for Justice and will be undertaken by HMICS in terms of Section 74(1) of the Police and Fire Reform (Scotland) Act 2012. Our report will be provided to Scottish Ministers and published in terms of Sections 78 (1) and (2) of the Act.

www.heraldscotland.com...

Labour MSP Neil Findlay said: “I welcome the terms of reference being published, however the failure to investigate undercover police activity prior to the year 2000 means that there will be no light shone on activities during the anti-poll tax campaign, the miners’ strike, the Kinning park print dispute or the infiltration of animal rights groups amongst many, many others.

“This means that Scottish victims of unethical and/or illegal undercover police activity during the 70s, 80s and 90s will be denied access to the truth of what happened, unlike victims in England and Wales. This is unacceptable.”

When undercover police have sexual relationships with their targets the effects are permanent. Some of these undercover cops are psychopaths and have no feelings to speak of. Some have feelings and may experience long term guilt, perhaps leading to various forms of self-harm. At least they got paid.

For those who were paid nothing and simply deceived the pain is permanent and all for nothing.

When children are born the dreadful psychological effects have a lifetime to be experienced by all concerned. These effects include insane rage.

In case you think I don't know what I'm talking about, I immediately picture one particular physical scar. I remember the morning I went in to talk to him, he was sitting up in bed and I saw the fresh scar. He reacted badly when I asked about it. I suspect he took a knife and drew it across his own chest, that's what it looks like. That's the sort of behaviour caused by the rage of being a child born from an undercover operation.

In case any cops think it's about them, it isn't. It's about creating generations of rage that finds outlets.

The advantages of undercover work have to be weighed up against the actual negative effects, not the imagined negative effects, the actual effects.

edit on 11 1 2017 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester
I think the negative affects are a knock on, Though they are real. What must be weighed up is the positive effects first. Like just actually why they are doing undercover operations, for what purpose, for what and whos benefit.
Even though it's bad to say if the positives out weigh the negatives then it should go ahead.
In saying that the negatives cannot be weighed up before hand as they only appear in the course of the operation and I would suggest it's not the operation that causes the majority of negative after effects it's the operatives themselves that cause them.
These are the people that aught to be held to full and open account for their actions. But knowing how this government likes to keep secret, or better still pretend that they know nothing I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for any resolution.

join