It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4Chan Claims To Have Fabricated Anti-Trump Report As A Hoax

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

And yet they believed claims that Obama wasn't eligible to be President because he's black and his middle name is Hussein?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: ALSGoes4th

Its not going to work though is it?

People are just going to cry "fake news" in rabid packs. Your reason and logic is just another smear to some people.

Imagine Watergate happening now. Think about it.

Nixon would still have been President, because Woodward and Bernstein would have been smeared as fake news outlets, and the President would be on Twitter decrying the Washington Post and the New York Times.

We don't have to imagine watergate! Nixon was impeached for deleting 20 something minutes of tape.

Hillary deleted tens of thousands of emails!

How did the press handle that? Oh yeah, they downplayed it.

Look, you are right about people now overusing fake news. But where does the blame really lie?

How many times must the people take these mainstream journalists biased reporting and lies before they give up on them?

Should we blame people for not trusting CNN or the mainstream outlets to give trump a fair chance, or to hold Obama or hillarys feet to the fire? Should we blame people for not trusting Breitbart to criticize Trump or give Obama credit when its due?

So yes, the consumers of news can be blamed somewhat, but the press themselves are really to blame.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

And yet they believed claims that Obama wasn't eligible to be President because he's black and his middle name is Hussein?

Sure. And the people that believe Trump is into golden showers believe so because they hate him because he is white. See how that works?

So now CNN, Buzzfeed, and all others that gave this golden shower story credence can now be called racists for the next 4 to 8 years.

Furthermore, all opposition to Trump must be viewed from a racial lens.

Don't like Trumps tax plan? Well you must be one of those racists that believes he has a pee fascination!

Wow! This identity politics thing makes arguments so easy!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Years ago when people were saying the internet would kill the press - the subscribed print news and big reporting outlets - who knew it would really end up as death by to joining the unverified information release mode made possible by the internet.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Sorcha Faal must feel like crap by getting showed up by a 4chan guy.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Take off the bitter blinkers (your guy won!) and think about the actual question instead of trying to sideline it?

I'm not playing sides here.

Its a serious question affecting every bit of information you are exposed to, and right now you guys over there appear to be screwed.

edit on 11/1/17 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If this indeed is a troll job by 4chan, you have to wonder why they would want the world to believe that their "god emperor daddy" is a piss loving Russian puppet?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Also the MI6 agent has been identified by the WSJ..

TextA former British intelligence officer now working for a private security-and-investigations firm produced the dossier of unverified allegations about President-elect Donald Trump’s activities and connections in Russia, people familiar with the matter say.

Christopher Steele, a director of London-based Orbis Business Intelligence Ltd., prepared the dossier, the people said. The document alleges that the Kremlin colluded with Mr. Trump’s presidential campaign and claims that Russian officials have compromising evidence of Mr. Trump’s behavior that could be used to blackmail him. Mr. Trump has dismissed the contents of the dossier as false and Russia has denied the claims.

Mr. Steele, 52 years old, is one of two directors of the firm, along with Christopher Burrows, 58.

www.wsj.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

By revealing it was a troll, making msm look like witless mental defectives

link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: loam

If it is fake, then somebody within the agency(ies) did it out of principle to their cause.

To me though, wikileaks coming out in defence of Russia and Trump is very telling.

~Tenth

Yea, no chance at all they are concerned with the TRUTH, must be some backroom dealing. Oh yea, Trump is bad, Mkay.

But of course you believe that all of the Pizzagate allegations are correct, even though some of those sprouted shoots from 4chan? Mkay.

How about you show me where my posts are regarding all that.

Actually I was speaking collectively to all the blowhards here on the site of 'awake' people who believed any old s##t that was directed at the Clinton campaign and her team but now go into meltdown when something not even remotely in the same ballpark and cry their tears.

Sorry if that offends, I know how thin skinned you may be when your idol is the one facing claims that can't be substantiated, but then, it seems even your soon to be secretary of state concedes Russia helped influence the foolish during the election.

You personally may not have showed anything about PG but then I can only send my response to one poster and if you are trying to say you didn't crack at people you called 'SJW's', if you didn't say any attempt to demonise Clinton was claimed by said SJW's to be a right wing conspiracy in a manner that suggested they were in denial of 'facts', then someone else is using your profile.

And yeah, I just looked at your posts. Your most recent thread says everything Russia leaked about the DNC is true and without any level of fabrication (you can't prove it wasn't edited BTW, it's very easy to do), but somehow the Republicans are still held at a higher level. Right. In your words... mkay.

link   
a reply to: neformore

No. They believed it because they didn't like him or his policies, and are prone to large levels of confirmation bias.

Sure. Some folks care about his race. But those folks are few, far between, and isolated. For most it was his politics, or his political party.

Naivete isn't patented by either party's followers, either. In any nation, actually. People process political information in the same way they process information relative to their personal identity. And the onslaught of identity politics is capitalizing on this wholesale.

The only way to try to fight this, in my estimation, is political agnosticm. Even if you have to force it on yourself. Otherwise, if you start to really care about it, you develop it as your identity. And are then able to believe outlandish crap. although to be fair, its far less outlandish to think Obama was born in Kenya than to believe Trump like hooker pee.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I have seen a lot of this and it's really quite sad. Do you honestly think that everyone who didn't vote for Hillary thinks like the stereotypical alt-right voter you keep trying to personify? I mean you really must be a bit more intelligent than that, and I'd hate to believe you were not. But seeing this kind of post time and again, it makes you wonder.

All liberals don't think this story is true, just the dumb ones. Much like all conservatives didn't think Obama was a Muslim without a Birth Certificate. Please, help the world out by not being a typical joke. I say this with respect, not the usual smart assness I enjoy.
edit on 11-1-2017 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

Well...

Theres already talk of impeachment and investigations on Capitol Hill.

So looks like 4chan just trolled itself..

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

Well...

If you think the presidency was going to be free of talks of investigations and impeachment, then you must have been the only one.

Democrats and people on this board have been talking about them for anything and everything since November 8th.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Thats what they do best

edit on 11-1-2017 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: loam

If it is fake, then somebody within the agency(ies) did it out of principle to their cause.

To me though, wikileaks coming out in defence of Russia and Trump is very telling.

~Tenth

Yea, no chance at all they are concerned with the TRUTH, must be some backroom dealing. Oh yea, Trump is bad, Mkay.

But of course you believe that all of the Pizzagate allegations are correct, even though some of those sprouted shoots from 4chan? Mkay.

How about you show me where my posts are regarding all that.

Actually I was speaking collectively to all the blowhards here on the site of 'awake' people who believed any old s##t that was directed at the Clinton campaign and her team but now go into meltdown when something not even remotely in the same ballpark and cry their tears.

Sorry if that offends, I know how thin skinned you may be when your idol is the one facing claims that can't be substantiated, but then, it seems even your soon to be secretary of state concedes Russia helped influence the foolish during the election.

You personally may not have showed anything about PG but then I can only send my response to one poster and if you are trying to say you didn't crack at people you called 'SJW's', if you didn't say any attempt to demonise Clinton was claimed by said SJW's to be a right wing conspiracy in a manner that suggested they were in denial of 'facts', then someone else is using your profile.

And yeah, I just looked at your posts. Your most recent thread says everything Russia leaked about the DNC is true and without any level of fabrication (you can't prove it wasn't edited BTW, it's very easy to do), but somehow the Republicans are still held at a higher level. Right. In your words... mkay.

Sorry, I guess by that token I should adopt the idea that all liberals are idiots who live with their moms. See how stupid you sound? generalizing roughly half of the US to suit your piss poor laziness is a really bad look. You and some other liberals might want to think that over. I would make blanket statements about how ignorant the left is, but see, I don't honestly believe that, I know some on the left are smart, just misguided. I believe it's called "thinking for yourself", give it a shot sometime.

I enjoy picking on SJW's because they need to grow up, my bad. And so far the IC has not mentioned any of the e-mails released by WL as false, and a third party has verified the header information was not tampered with, so until you have some proof that the e-mails were fake, STFU. Have a super day.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
My contention from the beginning of this is that it doesn't matter if 4 chan did this or not, if it is fake information, it doesn't matter who made it, only that the media and intelligence agencies were willing to smear trump with it.

Here is a great article by Glenn Greenwald (someone who does not like Trump) on it.

www.zerohedge.com...

I short, Greenwald claims that this is an obvious smear campaign by the intelligence agencies against Trump, and by the left and the media cheering on this action, they will lose all ability to be able to push back on Trump, and give our country over to an unelected shadow organization that will do as they want.

I share this concern. I voted for Trump, but when he errors (which he will do) who am I now to trust to cover it? The CIA and media that publish hoaxes about golden showers because they hate the man?

This story is damning.

How can we believ anything these agencies say about Trump or Russia now, and how can we believe anything out of any of the media outlets that reported this as true?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

Take off the bitter blinkers (your guy won!) and think about the actual question instead of trying to sideline it?

I'm not playing sides here.

Its a serious question affecting every bit of information you are exposed to, and right now you guys over there appear to be screwed.

I thought we were having a good conversation, but then you brought up birthers and racism, so I was just responding in due kind.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'm not trying to personify anyone.

I've seen it, in writing, here on ATS. There was a thread about it last week.

And I get that not everyone sees things the same way. I think you'll find that message has been consistent from me for the past 10 years.

The left has been as bad as the right in US politics.

And while ATS is a microcosm, and not necessarily a true reflection of anything other than the ego's of posters (myself included) the art of critical thinking appears to have disappeared.

This thread, and others, where Trump has said something and his defenders have gone into full on attack "fake news" mode like lambs to the slaughter do nothing to make me think that its likely to make a comeback.

It seems that some people wouldn't know an actual news story if it hit them round the head with a baseball bat.

That bothers me.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Well...

Again, not saying that it was 4 chan.

But this dossier and the reporting on it may well be the best thing to happen to Trump. The fact that there are already talks of impeachment when any even remotely credible journalists admits there is absolutely no proof of any of the allegations will just show to everyone how corrupt and dishonest many of Trumps opponents are.

This will show the CIA to be willing to leak info and allow fabricated stories to smear trump, many mainstream media outlets willing to peddle it, and many politicians to believe it and shout treason without any proof whatsoever.

It proves Trump was right all along, the establishment is corrupt and hates him, and he will use this as proof that he needs to drain the swamp.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join