It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4Chan Claims To Have Fabricated Anti-Trump Report As A Hoax

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   
This is of course absolutely hilarious, but I think there's a very important lesson to learn from this. Well there are several things we could learn from this but I think this shows more than anything how desperate the establishment is to push their version of events. They are willing to latch onto any little thing which might help their agenda, and do very little fact checking. If they are willing to use the MSM to push crap like this, imagine how easy it is for them to do the same thing, but for much more subtle cases where it's not a fan-fiction written in 4chan. If a story has an anti-Russian slant to it, the MSM is likely to push that story, especially when it's about something happening far away in a war torn nation like Syria. Don't simply believe the mainstream narrative because that's what the guy on the nightly news is saying. Ask questions, do your own research, discover the facts for yourself, and don't simply assume something to be the truth because someone with presumed authority told you it was the truth.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Not sure if this whole "scandal" is funny or terrifying. Either our intelligence agencies are sadly inept or attempting to damage the president elect politically. Both situations are scary and require Trump to tear these agencies down to the ground.

I feel like all this Russian Trump slander is Obama's payback for the birther movement.
edit on 12-1-2017 by babyfacebill because: Oopsie

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Why? This one hasn't been put to bed yet.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   
It was last night on NBC. This is over. You were trolled. Now spit out the hook.

ETA: the official story is the dossier was meant to show Trump examples of fake news, should he ask, but unfortunately, it was leaked to Buzzfeed by an "unknown" person.

Unknown person=McCain.

Let this one go before you look even sillier.
edit on 12-1-2017 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Rick Wilson's denial of this stupid lie
Fool Chan

I’m not BuzzFeed’s source. Since their source was anonymous, and I don’t know who it was, I’ll settle it this way; if — arguendo — I had been their source, I hereby release the authors of the story, its editors, and BuzzFeed generally from any off-the-record/background protections of anonymity I would have asked for. Over to you, folks.

More broadly, as regards the British memo run in BuzzFeed, I release ANY journalist I’ve talked to about Trump from any off-the-record/background protections of anonymity. Why? Because the first time I saw the memo was when BuzzFeed published it. I’ve never had possession of that memo, never shared it, never pitched it, and never requested or caused others to do so. Allegations from the memo were making the rounds in the IC, political, and media worlds, to be sure, but its origins are elsewhere.

Loam, your OP is FAKE NEWS.

If you believe the Russian/4chan spin that this information came from them, you can’t use a calendar, or common sense.
The allegations I “took the memo to the CIA” (or caused others to do the same) are utterly, entirely, and profoundly false and risible.

The information out there wasn’t from anonymous deep-cover chan-children. Unless, of course, many current and former senior IC and diplomatic officials here and abroad are secret weebs.

The vast majority of stories we worked were about Trump’s financials and his relationship — and that of his team — with Russian interests. This was — to my estimate — as significant a compromise as anything in the sexual arena. He could easily refute and dismiss the financial ties by opening his tax returns and his books to scrutiny, but we know that’s not happening.

Right. He could show his tax returns, but he won't.

The real shame of this entire situation is that we’re wasting valuable time Trump could be using to uncover the real secrets of John Podesta and Hillary Clinton’s PizzaGate global child kidnapping and cannibalism ring. You know, the important stuff. [UPDATE: Sarcasm]

Hopefully you all realize that Pizzagate was a hoax, too. Right?

[UPDATE per a question] No, I did not commission the oppo report mentioned in the NYT.
[ UPDATE per a question] I was not the emissary sent by McCain to meet with the Brit intel source. If you knew anything about my fraught history with McCain, you’d understand this was a ludicrous assertion.
[UPDATE per a question] “The Thing” had nothing to do with Trump. Duh. Keep up.

There you go, folks.

Duh. Keep up.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

He said she said, they have screen caps, he doesn't hide behind anonymity.

It was John McCain like some on here suspected anyways.

John McCain admits to spreading fake hooker Hoax

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: WhyDidIJoin

Russia has a history of making fake sex tapes and using them to blackmail people.

How Blackmail Works in Russia

In January 1999, Prosecutor General Yury Skuratov was summoned to the Kremlin by then-President Boris Yeltsin’s chief of staff, who showed him a videotape of “a man who looked like” Skuratov frolicking in bed with two prostitutes. Then he asked Skuratov to resign, even though the prosecutor was in the middle of investigating Yeltsin’s administration for taking bribes from a Swiss firm trying to secure lucrative contracts for Kremlin renovations. It was a grainy tape and Skuratov would later say it was fake, but he submitted his resignation nonetheless.

It was a Russian plot - an "intrigue" as they used to call it in the middle ages.....
very similar to the FAKE PLANNED PARENTHOOD tapes that you all slobbered over last year.

Your source (the Daily Mail??? Just "no") says McCain gave the Intel Agencies the information about the Russian tape that the Russians made to blackmail Trump with.

omg, when are you people going to learn what is serious journalism and WHAT IS CLICK BAIT?
Jesus!!

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: WhyDidIJoin

From your link:

He added that he was now aware from media reports that the FBI was apparently already in possession of the information.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

america also has a history of that. just about any intel agency does that.
its very effective

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

All this is noteworthy not only because this was one of Putin’s key steps toward the presidential throne, but because this dark and convoluted chapter of contemporary Russian history is also, however amazingly, now relevant reading for understanding contemporary American history.

Now that Buzzfeed has released a dossier compiled by a private intelligence company, with unverified allegations that the FSB has a video of Donald Trump with prostitutes in the Moscow Ritz Carlton in 2013, America has entered uniquely Russian territory. (I should add that I, like many other journalists, was approached over the summer with the story of the prostitutes and could not verify it.)

(From The Atlantic, same article as linked above) The tape was made to discredit your man Trump. I don't believe he did cavort with hookers in a bugged room, but SOME PEOPLE WILL believe it. They made the tape. Note that author above saying he, too, was approached with the story, along with many other journalists. GOOD journalists do not spread rubbish. They know to verify and fact-check.

Do you know how to do that?
First hint: stop reading FAKE NEWS like Daily Mail, and stop reading PROPAGANDA like watching RT or reading Sputnik or listening to Alex Jones or surfing Breitbart. They are not real journalism. You're probably too young to realize that this same thing has been going on for eons.....slander, calumnious strokes, lies, faked tapes --- it happens a lot. The trick to being an informed and level-headed consumer of information is to be able to tell what is CRAP and what is SERIOUS.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Thoughts.

Anonymous are....well...anonymous, and anyone can claim to be anything on the internet.

Similarly, you are not - ever - going to get the names and addresses of active intelligence officers from anyone in the intelligence community unless they are a public figurehead or severely burned in a sting.

So its possible that anonymous/4chan did this as a prank.

It is, however, also possible that US intelligence assets released it via anonymous/4chan by claiming to be one of them in order to smear Trump.

It is - also - possible that Russian intelligence assets actually have the compromising information, and have alluded to it via anonymous/4chan in order to bring it to the public attention and/or as a warning to keep the status quo following the intelligence briefing last week.

What you have here - in the post fact fake news world - is Schrodingers news story.

It is both true and not true at the same time.

And no one here can say which it is for sure.

You can opine. You don't actually know.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

but there is no tape.
is there?
fake news about a fake tape made to smear the greatest presidency since thomas jefferson before it ever starts.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

The point is that Russia has made tapes like it in the past, and we have no way of knowing if they made one this time. But we mustn't put it past them. Especially not past Putin --- Putin was the one who gave the FAKED SEX TAPE info to his predecessor that got his rival out of the way and resulted in himself being President. He was a spy - a hitman...like a mobster. You know that, right?

I'm just reporting what I'm learning....trying to spread the knowledge.

edit on 1/12/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

the greatest presidency since thomas jefferson before it ever starts.

If it ain't started yet, how do you know it will be "the greatest since thomas jefferson"?

You would do yourself a favor to read up on actual history. American AND Russian.
Jefferson was an autocrat Slave Owner with illegitimate black children he never acknowledged. He was no pristine specimen of honor.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

the greatest presidency since thomas jefferson before it ever starts.

If it ain't started yet, how do you know it will be "the greatest since thomas jefferson"?

You would do yourself a favor to read up on actual history. American AND Russian.
Jefferson was an autocrat Slave Owner with illegitimate black children he never acknowledged. He was no pristine specimen of honor.

Exactly!
Neither was Benjamim Franklin, or JFK, or Lincoln

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

I'm just reporting what I'm learning....trying to spread the knowledge.

misinformation and innuendo is not exactly knowledge

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
So let me get this straight.

You guys get enraged by outlets such as CNN, calling them fake news. Ok, I'm fine with that.

You then cite 4chan as a source worthy of consideration?

You see my problem here.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

So someone needs to let this cat out of the box.
Or at least open the box to see if it's alive.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Well Benny boy was never president but he was a bro to them.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join